The Official Banter Away Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I watch it while in Vegas, such a shame to waste all that money. NFL needs to take 1/3 of all rookie salary and put in a trust for each player. Most of the kids have no clue and are taken advantage of, big time.
Just crazy to hear some of the stories. Love seeing Rison on there, dude was an idiot!

Is its nfl focused or all sports?
Primarily NFL, but has guys from just about every professional sport.

Currently watching "Broke" ESPN 30 for 30. Quite interesting.

Yeah it provided some interesting situations. Tough to see the ones who got taken advantage of (although that is still their fault to a degree)

Just crazy to hear some of the stories. Love seeing Rison on there, dude was an idiot!

Hmm ill have to keep an eye out for it to run again

Smallville, this one's for you. Sorry it's blurry but it was a split second decision to take it.
a3aja5ub.jpg

Driving for show and chutting for dough

I wish my power would randomly go out one of these nights at about 10pm..

I can never seem to hit the sack early.

too much THP? lol

Ahhh...the price you pay for paradise!
ypy6esed.jpg

aja3uqys.jpg

wow thats some expensive cereal

This was a hard one for me. Some of those guys I have worked with very closely and saw their downward spiral.

However I can tell you without a shadow of a doubt, there were some inflated numbers. Plus, a stat that most call astonishing is really not. A number like 78% of NFL players are broke in a few years (their numbers not mine). THink about it. How many guys come up for 1-2 years and never play again. We are talking thousands upon thousands of athletes. They make the league minimum and frankly have no other skills. So by 25 they are unemployed and have no skills to assist. They probably made 700k or so in those 2 years (going back a few years) and truly made about 350k after taxes and fees (agent, union, etc). 350k will not last long for a 23 year old kid over 2 years.

Yeah there's a few in that series I've missed, time to play catchup

I have all on my computer if you want them in Ohio.

Great point JB. It's hard enough to manage a budget for most adults. Young kids don't think about the future just right then and there.

Aren't apartment buildings a little different though? Don't you just get what they say you can get? And if you were able to get Satellite, wouldn't you need to be on the correct side of the building?

Kinda. We are forced into 1 cable option, but here there is a satellite dish allowance.

That's crazy Colt. I'd be hard-pressed to spend $7 on Apple Jacks.

This was a hard one for me. Some of those guys I have worked with very closely and saw their downward spiral.

However I can tell you without a shadow of a doubt, there were some inflated numbers. Plus, a stat that most call astonishing is really not. A number like 78% of NFL players are broke in a few years (their numbers not mine). THink about it. How many guys come up for 1-2 years and never play again. We are talking thousands upon thousands of athletes. They make the league minimum and frankly have no other skills. So by 25 they are unemployed and have no skills to assist. They probably made 700k or so in those 2 years (going back a few years) and truly made about 350k after taxes and fees (agent, union, etc). 350k will not last long for a 23 year old kid over 2 years.

that would be awesome, will give me something to do here at work on lunch time

I may need to bring DVD s and burn those.

Smallville, this one's for you. Sorry it's blurry but it was a split second decision to take it.
a3aja5ub.jpg

Haha, thanks, Colt!

Just got back home a few minutes ago from the camping trip. Loved it. It was incredibly refreshing not to have technology beeping at me every minute. But I would be lying if I didn't think about THP a whole lot and what was going on...and I suppose I have plenty to catch up with!

Welcome back to the land of the living

Just got back home a few minutes ago from the camping trip. Loved it. It was incredibly refreshing not to have technology beeping at me every minute. But I would be lying if I didn't think about THP a whole lot and what was going on...and I suppose I have plenty to catch up with!

Tell us more about the Gangham style dance you witnessed.....

Welcome back to the land of the living

I would have been in the land of the dead last night if we weren't staying in a heated camper....whew, it was chilly!

I would have been in the land of the dead last night if we weren't staying in a heated camper....whew, it was chilly!

Screw that dude camping is seriously overrated. Staying in a fancy hotel with hot running water and a comfy bed is way better

Tell us more about the Gangham style dance you witnessed.....

Hahahaha! We went to a gay campground that we have gone to a couple of times this summer and they had a couple parties for the people staying at the grounds this weekend. Drinks, shots, music. When Gangham Style came on the speakers, I started to laugh, then turned my head to see people from their early 20s to their late 50s (estimation) running/stumbling/making their way to the dance floor. And then the first bit of the chorus hits and they all do the dance simultaneously. I was almost in tears laughing...it was quite a shock to see how many have heard of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back