TX/OU Red River Shootout

Texas by 3 IMO.

I'm a die-hard Sooner and always will be, but I'm also a realist and Landry is a mental midget right now. Id' love a win, I don't see it happening though, I just don't.

I kind of agree with you Jman. Landry isn't there and our defense doesn't have the experience like we did last year.

I kind of agree with you Jman. Landry isn't there and our defense doesn't have the experience like we did last year.

The defense is improving weekly at least. As good as Landry looked early this weekend stepping up and not having happy feet, he reverted late and started forving the ball to Stills again.

I do think Sterling Shepard will have a huge Red River Rivalry game though, that kid is the real deal.

Ya definitely. Defense still needs work but like you said they are improving a little.

I think it's another toss up game like the TX/WV game last week. A play here or a play there either way will probably decide it. I will say the OU defense isn't as scarry as the past OU D's but neither is ours this year. I like that we now have a running game but Ash is going to have to make some plays. Landry usually plays his best game of the year this week so we'll see if that trend continues.

I think it's another toss up game like the TX/WV game last week. A play here or a play there either way will probably decide it. I will say the OU defense isn't as scarry as the past OU D's but neither is ours this year. I like that we now have a running game but Ash is going to have to make some plays. Landry usually plays his best game of the year this week so we'll see if that trend continues.

Not saying much at all considering how he's played thus far! HA!

Ya I wish we had the Mike Stoops defense of the past. Next year I think our D will be scary again since we got Mike back :)

Ya I wish we had the Mike Stoops defense of the past. Next year I think our D will be scary again since we got Mike back :)

"Its not the X's and O's, its the Jimmy's and the Joe's." - Barry Switzer -

Very true. Man he was a good coach.

Very true. Man he was a good coach.

He betrayed you after he left:

switz_hookem.jpg

They are making a movie after his book now which I bet will be pretty darn good if they get the right cast and crew in there.

He betrayed you after he left:

switz_hookem.jpg

They are making a movie after his book now which I bet will be pretty darn good if they get the right cast and crew in there.

Barry has always respected Texas football, I think most with common sense are the same way and vice versa. I know I respect the hell out of Texas football, I just don't care for them, ya know?

I agree on the movie, that book is a GREAT read, could be a fantastic movie if done right.

First time I won't be at the game since 2006 :angry:... it's gonna suck watching from home. I wish they'd move this game back to at least 2:30. Waking up to catch the earliest DART and enjoying the fair is a pain when you're not at 100% that early

First time I won't be at the game since 2006 :angry:... it's gonna suck watching from home. I wish they'd move this game back to at least 2:30. Waking up to catch the earliest DART and enjoying the fair is a pain when you're not at 100% that early

Not many of us are at that time! We'll be getting up around 6am and pouring the bloody mary's around 6:30am. Get to the fair around 7:30-8am and then 3 more hours of taking the fair/gameday events in. Can't wait! Favorite time of the year.

Speaking of game......bets anyone? Once I can get this god aweful WV avatar off tomorrow then I can refresh and start again. Jman? jank1434? josh? Let's do it!

I'm always down for a friendly bet. What'd did you have in mind?

Speaking of game......bets anyone? Once I can get this god aweful WV avatar off tomorrow then I can refresh and start again. Jman? jank1434? josh? Let's do it!

Nope, I don't bet dude. Plus, I know how this one is going to end up, I don't wear crimson colored glasses.

I'm always down for a friendly bet. What'd did you have in mind?

Well, we can do the friendly avatar control for a couple of days.

Come on Jman....it's just the avatar switch, that's not even a real bet!

Well, we can do the friendly avatar control for a couple of days.

Sounds good to me

Nope, never have on here, never will.

Not many of us are at that time! We'll be getting up around 6am and pouring the bloody mary's around 6:30am. Get to the fair around 7:30-8am and then 3 more hours of taking the fair/gameday events in. Can't wait! Favorite time of the year.

NATE,
I'll take some avatar action and/or a beverage at the TX Fall Outing in 2 weeks.

BOOMER SOONER!

Honestly, OU has no business being favored this year. But, I haven't kept up with the 'horns. Who'd they lose to?

NATE,
I'll take some avatar action and/or a beverage at the TX Fall Outing in 2 weeks.

BOOMER SOONER!

Honestly, OU has no business being favored this year. But, I haven't kept up with the 'horns. Who'd they lose to?

I'll do a friendly avatar bet. Winner chooses losers avatar for a week? Hook em!

NATE,

BOOMER SOONER!

Oh man, I didn't know you were a Sooner fan?!? I was just starting to like you as well............OK! I like the beverage idea! Done!

Done! Let's say for 2 days once the avatar is up and going!

Ok, I won't push...........Ha!

How about for a week? Maybe until the next Saturday?

As long as mine isn't the Kenny Stills in a dress picture, I'll be okay.

And shouldn't the thread be renamed "OU/TX"? Defending champs!

How about for a week? Maybe until the next Saturday?

As long as mine isn't the Kenny Stills in a dress picture, I'll be okay.

And shouldn't the thread be renamed "OU/TX"? Defending champs!

Fine....week it is. History changes this weekend!

Back