Frys.com Open [spoilers]

cj3ap2

Reaction score
Handicap
15ish
Believe it or not there is still pga tour golf being played and there is a name or two out there.

John Mallinger has a 3 shot lead at -14 after going ham on the first two days with a 66 and a 62. he's even on the day through 14, while some guy named vijay singh is making a move, 5 under for the day to get to 11 under. charles howell is also at 11 under and 4 under on the day.

Colsaerts had 65 and 68 the first two days but is 2 over today. ryder cup captain davis love shot 1 over today.

I like these fall series events this year, As I said about the shriners there are some reasonable names out there playing golf that it's kind of enjoyable to watch play golf. vijay, davis love, el pato cabrera are out there this week. open champion ernie els is 5 under on the week.

I am also enjoying the top 125 keep their card format. jerry kelly shot 4 under today to get to 9 under and is currently number 125. gary woodland has been making a move (9 under, 5 under on the day) two weeks in a row and is up to 132. the current top ten features players that are 115, 155, 151, 148, 130 and 132 all fighting to keep their card

They've moved the par 4 17th up to play 290 today. Most guys are taking driver. The green is severely tilted back to front and right to left, they have the pin front left so there are a lot of guys that I've seen who've had reasonable eagle chances and there is even a realistically very small chance that someone could ace it.

I love these fall rounds as well. A lot of guys still fighting to get their card. Love watching them drive the 290 par 4 with water in front.

I think the more relaxed atmosphere of these events is appropriate. It's still golf, it's still intense/important because guys are fighting for their careers; but it's not the big show of the ryder cup/fedex cup. I think that would be to much with football and the baseball playoffs also going on. It's on, i'm watching it, but I can occasionally flip over to check a football game or a baseball game or go do something else and not feel obligated to catch every shot (even though I wind up watching more than I plan to because it's golf and once I start watching golf I get sucked in).

It's not a major but there's golf on with guys I recognize and it's just kinda nice, you know.

nick o'hern 4 putted 15. jonas blixt (who's 11 under) just hit another beauty of a tee shot on 17 that funneled down to hole high to what looks like 12 feet where he'll putt for eagle. There have been a lot of those today on that hole with the slope and hole location

kokrak (who?), playing with blixt, just hit 3 wood on 17 and also hole high on the right side of the hole, he may be inside blixt.

I agree dude, I love all golf on TV. Just there, 2 sweet drives on the drivable par 4. Some great play going on today for a few guys.

blixt going with the red shoes today

Wow, look at Jimmy Walker go!

jimmy finished in the top ten in every california event this year. torrey pines, pebble beach and riveria

12 guys within two shots of the lead and another ten along with those 12 are withing 4 shots of the lead. this is madness

Lets go Jason Kokrak. Hes now 1 back. Fellow Xavier alum, already the first person from Xavier to become a PGA Tour Member & first to co-lead an event.

Lets go Jason Kokrak. Hes now 1 back. Fellow Xavier alum, already the first person from Xavier to become a PGA Tour Member & first to co-lead an event.

and he bombs the ball

14 is playing brutal today

Blixt with a LONG way from a two putt for victory.

Big putt here...

How bout a Cobra dude taking home the big prize :cobra:! :clapp: About time for the snakes to take a bite out of the victory cup :blob:

Well done Blixt!

What a fun celebration with the whole family!

I love their shirts spell out Jonas!

Well done Jonas, hopefully JK made enough cash to help his status going into next year.

Well done Jonas, hopefully JK made enough cash to help his status going into next year.

I believe he was projected to go into the top 125 with the T2.

I believe he was projected to go into the top 125 with the T2.

Nice, last I saw he was projected 136. 2 more events so hopefully he can keep the momentum going.

Back