Kuchar uses Bridgestone and SteelFiber

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
This is a press release

Bridgestone staff player Matt Kuchar had his best finish this year with a T-5 at the Memorial.

Kuchar has used Bridgestone equipment since he turned pro eight years ago and currently uses the Bridgestone Tour B330-S golf ball, J33R driver, J33 AirMuscle utility iron and Bridgestone irons.

In the irons, Kuchar uses Aerotech SteelFiber composite shafts, which have a graphite core and steel fiber on the surface to create a unique "hybrid" of the two materials. Many pros don't use graphite in their irons because they think they lose some accuracy. With SteelFiber shafts, the graphite offers increased clubhead speed and better vibration dampening than steel, but combined with the steel fibers the Aerotech shafts have more control and deliver better accuracy than graphite alone.

"We are particularly proud that our SteelFiber shafts performed so well at the Memorial," said Chris Hilleary, Aerotech president. "The competition (is) incredibly intense and the layout of the course is among the most challenging on Tour. (This) really allows us to demonstrate the performance benefits of our unique composite technology."

Incidentally, tournament host Jack Nicklaus also uses the SteelFiber shafts in his irons.

Maybe I've been in a cave but this is the first I'm hearing about SteelFiber shafts. Very interesting stuff/concept.

Maybe I've been in a cave but this is the first I'm hearing about SteelFiber shafts. Very interesting stuff/concept.

My thoughts exactly. Didn't even know something like that would even be possible.

Steel and Graphite shafts yes......cure for cancer no :confused2:

My thoughts exactly. Didn't even know something like that would even be possible.

i like Kuchar. he used to use the exact same irons that i am still using today when he first signed with Bridgestone/Precept (so did Stuart Appleby who helped design them)

picture.php

I discovered them last year and asked a few times on here if anyone had any personal experience with them. they truly seem to be the best of both worlds if they actually work as advertised. they are inexpensive as well. I'm going to get one and build a club to see how they are. I will be sure to post a review.

I've been curious about them myself for about a year. Anything to help the tendonitis.

I would like to try these. I looked up their specs. 65 gram senior flex would suit me nicely...

Back