** KBS Shafts Official Thread **

Just picked up a set of C-taper shafts to put into my MP-52's. Coming from S300 shafts and a 7iron distance of 160 I used the KBS fitting tool and ended up with the C-Tapers in R+. There has been alot of talk about hard or soft stepping these. My guess is that at an R+ would be just fine coming from S300's without the need to hardstep or soft step?!?

CM,

I've got a set of Mizuno MP-62s with PX 6.0s....for about three years and love the PX shafts. Life is short...so I'd like to change it up a bit and try a set of KBSs. Who couldn't use a more "smoother" feel?

Anyway, I'm looking at the KBS Tour...just based on being happy with the PX 6.0s...would a KBS Tour S be roughly equivalent? I'm going to a Mizuno Demo days next month and hope I can try some KBSs.

I'm have a Mid 90's Iron SS. And have no problems getting...ur...getting height on my irons.

Thanks...

I am currently playing CTapers stiff/soft stepped once. I was fit to these shafts with Mizzy JPX 800 pro's. My question is out of say 10 swings I only feel I can load the shaft maybe 4 to 5 times. When I do its a perfect flight but when I do not its a low boring runner. Also I have noticed my tennis elbow has started back up after hitting the CTapers. I do like the shaft as I am a high ball hitter, I am thinking about the Tour 90's but do not want my ball flight to be any higher. I am after a lighter shaft with the hopes it may help my tennis elbow but not sure the 2 even relate? My 6 iron SS averaged 84 MPH, any thoughts?

I love the feel of my Tour 90's, I think I just need them in some different heads. But after hitting JB's Tour Custom shafts, I want a set....

Just tap it in, just tap it in.

Thx. for being here KBS, I,m coming from True temper DG Xp,s and wonder if KBS tour Reg + would be ok for me. Thru your website fitting is where I got this. Also the fitting said Reg for the C-taper. What are your thoughts. I hit my 6 iron 175 yds. and my tempo I would call smooth. Thanks for ur answer

Yea...thanks to KBS for abandoning this thread!

So is five more days enough? KBS started this thread...then abandoned it.

I've been waiting 22 days for a reply. And there are several others that have been waiting a lot longer than me!

There are many others that have posted all the way back to August 24th....that was the last time KBS has responded. Quite frankly...that's pretty rude! I guess KBS got as much "marketing" as they could out of this one...and then they couldn't be bothered with 8-10 other possible customers.

Nice! Staying with Project X.

I've been waiting 22 days for a reply. And there are several others that have been waiting a lot longer than me!

There are many others that have posted all the way back to August 24th....that was the last time KBS has responded. Quite frankly...that's pretty rude! I guess KBS got as much "marketing" as they could out of this one...and then they couldn't be bothered with 8-10 other possible customers.

Dude, email them than or call them. KBS has one of the best customer service departments I have ever dealt with. And as Patrick Swayze said, "Be nice. Just be nice".

http://kbsgolfshafts.com/company/support

I understand the frustration and am on the fence on how to feel. On one side these companies aren't as big as many think and with the tour, vacations, etc it would't be hard to miss a couple of weeks. On the other hand it's not that hard to check in on 1 thread a couple of times/week.

Dude, email them than or call them. KBS has one of the best customer service departments I have ever dealt with. And as Patrick Swayze said, "Be nice. Just be nice".

http://kbsgolfshafts.com/company/support

Ask for Conrad. I think he works in the marketing department and he has helped me with technical questions before and was very helpful.

Chipped via Tapatalk 2

You said you were going to a mizuno demo day. Did you hit them? What did you think?

"Dude, email them than or call them. KBS has one of the best customer service departments I have ever dealt with. And as Patrick Swayze said, "Be nice. Just be nice".

Dude...that's not the point! I know I can call any of these manufacturers and have. Not a problem.

The point being a representative for KBS starting a thread...welcoming all questions far and wide. Scored a lot of points from the members here about how cool that was. There are dozens of responses from members saying how great it is for manufacturers like this to come onto the thread and do so. Just a wild frezy of appreciation! In fact, 40+ threads of appreciation laid upon KBS for just starting this thread...counted them. 41 to be exact.

But he quit? How hard is it to subsribe to the thread and answer emails every couple of days? At the very least every couple of weeks. The KBS gentleman who started the thread stated that he wanted to answer any questions about his KBS shafts. The fact is...to me at least...came on got some good marketing for the firm...then couldn't be bothered!

Granted he could have been hit by a bus...hope he didn't...or fired from KBS? Don't know...guess things can happen...apparently we'll never know?

I'm just stating what is probably the obvious...guess he really wasn't that interested in spending much time here?

So rightfully manufacturers should be lauded for their efforts to help and inform us all....and then there other reps that should be....you get the idea!

Last edited:
You said you were going to a mizuno demo day. Did you hit them? What did you think?

I did...thanks for asking. The PXis were too light for me. And didn't find any discernable difference between the length or flight on the C-Tapers, KBS Tours, and the PXs. But with hitting from a demo cart you only get to hit the 6i.

I'm going to have to get these shafts on a launch monitor to see if any of the measureables stand out.

I'll report back.

"Ask for Conrad. I think he works in the marketing department and he has helped me with technical questions before and was very helpful."

Thanks for the post...

Yea...unfortunately...from what I gathered from the earlier threads...Conrad is the one who started the thread and has been responding to the earlier requests. For the sake of this thread...I'd actually be further disappointed he answered the phone if I called!

That would just reinforce the fact...he is alive and available...and should have been attended to this thread!

:bashful:

Little bit of hostility in here. Wow.

Couple of things.
1. KBS will be a part of this thread.
2. They have been incredibly short handed.

I don't make excuses for companies, but that is the god's honest truth. They have a very small department and it was not them that said "hey let me market on this forum for a week or two and then move on when I get customers", but me that asked them to come here as a THP partner and answer questions because I felt as though the information being passed by some was incorrect.

The person from KBS in this thread has been out of the office more than he has been in and I don't think its my place to discuss why. KBS will be back in this thread very soon. The irony in some of this is incredible, but that is for another place.

I will attest for the fact that KBS not only makes some amazing shafts, but they are very good from a customer service standpoint. Like JB said there are reasons they aren't here.

CM,

I've got a set of Mizuno MP-62s with PX 6.0s....for about three years and love the PX shafts. Life is short...so I'd like to change it up a bit and try a set of KBSs. Who couldn't use a more "smoother" feel?

Anyway, I'm looking at the KBS Tour...just based on being happy with the PX 6.0s...would a KBS Tour S be roughly equivalent? I'm going to a Mizuno Demo days next month and hope I can try some KBSs.

I'm have a Mid 90's Iron SS. And have no problems getting...ur...getting height on my irons.

Thanks...

I'm not KBS but....

Based on the shafts in your bag, yes you could switch to KBS Stiff but if I were you I'd switch to Tour 90s. The PX 6.0 are in the bottom end of stiff. Tour 90s Stiff would be a good fit. I think they would also be very responsive to your SS.

I'm not KBS but....

Based on the shafts in your bag, yes you could switch to KBS Stiff but if I were you I'd switch to Tour 90s. The PX 6.0 are in the bottom end of stiff. Tour 90s Stiff would be a good fit. I think they would also be very responsive to your SS.

It depends on if the PX 6.0's are flighted or not. The non flighted are probably a little stiffer than the KBS Tours in Stiff.

Little bit of hostility in here. Wow.

Couple of things.
1. KBS will be a part of this thread.
2. They have been incredibly short handed.

I don't make excuses for companies, but that is the god's honest truth. They have a very small department and it was not them that said "hey let me market on this forum for a week or two and then move on when I get customers", but me that asked them to come here as a THP partner and answer questions because I felt as though the information being passed by some was incorrect.

The person from KBS in this thread has been out of the office more than he has been in and I don't think its my place to discuss why. KBS will be back in this thread very soon. The irony in some of this is incredible, but that is for another place.

That makes perfect sense to me. It's a great thread and I hope they utilize it as soon as they can.

I am really happy to see this thread get back on track. I am interested in some KBS tour 90's and want to find as much info as possible.

I am really happy to see this thread get back on track. I am interested in some KBS tour 90's and want to find as much info as possible.

Pmoa, War and JN really put these through their paces in the KBS90 thread. I think you've been there but I'd start there.

TC you are correct. I was going more on the SS

Pmoa, War and JN really put these through their paces in the KBS90 thread. I think you've been there but I'd start there.

TC you are correct. I was going more on the SS

Yeah I have been checking that thread no doubt. I am going to Golftec next week for a swing analysis and will see if they have them there that I can try out. Rather see if they work first before the serious pondering..haha

XM23

Thank you for the question, and I really do apologize for not being on here for awhile! Being a smaller company, many tasks are passed around for us in the office. No excuses for taking a break from this forum, and we really do appreciate the questions here!!

As a reminder, you can call me direct 303-444-2226* 2 or *22 for any urgent questions.

To answer your question, the R+ should be good straight in compared to the DG S300. Really you could probably play the S flex if your tempo is a little quick. Going with the R+ is a small change, and you won't loose dispersion even if you could play the S. Our fitting system currently asks what shaft you are using just for our reference. It does no affect the shaft selection.

Thanks again, CM

Just picked up a set of C-taper shafts to put into my MP-52's. Coming from S300 shafts and a 7iron distance of 160 I used the KBS fitting tool and ended up with the C-Tapers in R+. There has been alot of talk about hard or soft stepping these. My guess is that at an R+ would be just fine coming from S300's without the need to hardstep or soft step?!?

Pasipple,

Sorry for the delay here. Again, we split many tasks being a smaller office, and I did not check here for a couple weeks. There is no excuse for the absence, so my apologies. I read from your later posts that you are sticking with PX and that is fine. I will answer your question though.

The Tour shaft is going to be higher trajectory than the PX shaft. If you want a lower trajectory shaft, I suggest the C-Taper shaft which is low launch and less spin. This is very comparable to the lower launching shafts such as DG and PX. You would notice a smoother feel and usually a gain in distance when trying the C-Taper. If you do not want a shaft that is low trajectory, the Tour is very popular and offers a piercing mid trajectory.

Our best suggestion for fitting is to hit them in person. Seeing for yourself what the performance change is, and what best fits your game is how the pros fit. For any other questions, feel free to call us 303-444-2226*2

Thanks,
-CM

CM,

Thanks...

Conrad I hope all is well sir! I'm sure business is up with the great silts you're seeing in all your lines.

Back