The Official Banter Away Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It sounds a lot better when the food channel makes it.

Yeah I guess, dang those chefs!

"Life is short, Drive fast and leave a sexy corpse."
-Stanley Hudson

So, this is the first month that I am fully living off of my new budget and I feel so much better. I don't get to spend as much, but the peace of mind is worth it.

I almost bought an iPad last night, but then my heart started to race and I started to get overheated and dizzy. My anxiety over big purchases is lame.

So, this is the first month that I am fully living off of my new budget and I feel so much better. I don't get to spend as much, but the peace of mind is worth it.

The ramen noodle budget! That worked great for me in college.

What you don't have you never miss

I almost bought an iPad last night, but then my heart started to race and I started to get overheated and dizzy. My anxiety over big purchases is lame.
hahahaha....just pull the trigger. you may have buyers remorse for a little but it all goes away.

just knock out gambling...that will save you a lot..haha.

I need to set up a budget for myself. I have knocked out some spending just by bringing some food for lunch everyday and not going out. We just signed up for this place in Durham to cook our dinner 5 nights a week. We just go pick up food on Mondays and have food for the week. This will save a ton. Looks pretty good, too.

They are coming out with a smaller cheaper version next week.

I need to set up a budget for myself. I have knocked out some spending just by bringing some food for lunch everyday and not going out. We just signed up for this place in Durham to cook our dinner 5 nights a week. We just go pick up food on Mondays and have food for the week. This will save a ton. Looks pretty good, too.
thats interesting...how much is it for that service?

You could just pay me to be your Mr. Belvedere.

thats interesting...how much is it for that service?

$100, for the 2 of us. We weren't really cooking at all, and this place has good food, fresh ingredients. We go there a lot.

That's awesome Seth! And it's moved your commentary from the rant to the banter thread!!

Keep it up dude.

They are coming out with a smaller cheaper version next week.

My iPad has been sitting in my trunk for a month. Without 4g or a wirless connection I never use it. Should have gotten work to get me the 4g version, hahaha. I want to see how the new Win8 tablets are. Might be something to consider using for work if it is easier for Windows applications to be ported to the tablet version.

$100, for the 2 of us. We weren't really cooking at all, and this place has good food, fresh ingredients. We go there a lot.
Thats really a good price. considering...it will knock out eating out during the week. If you bought groceries and cooked every night you might save $20 or so. My wife and I eat cheap though. Not junky food, just cheap eaters.

Thats really a good price. considering...it will knock out eating out during the week. If you bought groceries and cooked every night you might save $20 or so. My wife and I eat cheap though. Not junky food, just cheap eaters.

We do, too, mostly. We were just sick of going out on a regular basis.

The ramen noodle budget! That worked great for me in college.

haha. I have thought about it that is for sure. Part of my budget is allotted for sushi.

What you don't have you never miss

Very true. I used to live by a similar philosophy in college. I am starting to get back to it.

just knock out gambling...that will save you a lot..haha.

lol. I have not gambled in a while. I guess I am going to wait till I am out of debt before I hit the tables again.

I buy work groceries for the week which saves me money and calories. I get more veggies that way too.

We do, too, mostly. We were just sick of going out on a regular basis.
dude, I hear that. At least you have tons of options. Thats not so much the case in Franklin NC

My iPad has been sitting in my trunk for a month. Without 4g or a wirless connection I never use it. Should have gotten work to get me the 4g version, hahaha. I want to see how the new Win8 tablets are. Might be something to consider using for work if it is easier for Windows applications to be ported to the tablet version.

Sell? Trade for golf equipment? PM me!

dude, I hear that. At least you have tons of options. Thats not so much the case in Franklin NC

Well, move on over.

That's awesome Seth! And it's moved your commentary from the rant to the banter thread!!

Keep it up dude.

Thanks man! It was great. I bought some tea yesterday (which is not cheap) and I don't have to worry about the cost. I just was sensible and bought what I needed and I didn't splurge. I took my total spending budget and broke it up into 4 weeks. If I wanted to buy a putter, I would have to wait to the end of the month and not spend money on anything else. It makes the awesome putter I have right now seem even more awesome because it allows me to eat sushi haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back