Low bouncy gap wedgeroo

scooterguitar

Slacker and Whiner
Reaction score
Handicap
3-8perhole
With the shootout coming, any clue of who is making a 50-52 wedge with low bounce besides Vokey? I've been using the VR sw and lw lately, keep going back to them out of all the others, but their gap wedge only comes 10* bounce. My main course, and where I'd use the gap is pretty firm and the lower the bounce the better.

Out of curiousity does the firm ground bother you on the regular PW? If not, it should not bother you with 10* on the GW.

Mizuno? I will look at their site now.

Here you go (the chart did not copy and paste very well):
MP-T

Nowhere is the feel of a forged club more important than around the greens, and the MP-T Series™, featuring a teardrop face shape, utilizes our patented Grain Flow Forging® process to offer the most solid, soft, and consistent feel available. Also, with a new workshop C-grind sole, you can hit consistent shots from any lie on the course. The MP-T Series wedges are available in classic Chrome and glare resistant Black Nickel finishes.

Features

Classic Teardrop head shape.
Patented Grain Flow Forged® 1025E Pure Select mild carbon steel for solid, soft, consistent feel.
Tour inspired Workshop C-Grind™ sole for consistent ball striking ability.
CNC Max-Milled square grooves for optimum spin.
Minimal offset.

Club Specs

Club LH Loft ° Lie ° Offset " Length " Bounce °
47-06 n/a 47 63.0 n/a 35.50 6
51-06 Yes 51 63.0 n/a 35.25 6
53-08 n/a 53 63.0 n/a 35.25 8
56-10 n/a 56 63.0 n/a 35.25 10
56-14 Yes 56 63.0 n/a 35.25 14
58-10 n/a 58 63.0 n/a 35.25 10
60-05 n/a 60 63.0 n/a 35.00 5
60-08 Yes 60 63.0 n/a 35.00 8

Last edited:
Thanks for the info koko. Had one last summer.

JB, yes, sometimes. For a flaky answer.
I got away from a gap wedge, but have been really, REALLY working on my short game and for 75% of 25 yards and in I want to go with a gap once again I think.

Guess I could rethink it again maybe.

I was actually eyeing the Cleveland CG12 with the whatever sole it states. It is 10, but the grind looked like it is worth a shot.

You could also always go with Bridgestone or Eidolon and their dual bounce/V bounce wedges. Then you do not have to worry about it either way.

On the Nickent line, it's a mixed bag on bounce in the 50*-52* range:

Nickent ARC Wedge - 50* or 52* have an 8* bounce

Nickent 4DX CB Gap Wedge - 50* with 5* bounce

Nickent 4DX Pro Gap Wedge - 51* with 5* bounce

Nickent ARC Blade Gap Wedge - 51* with 5* bounce

The hard part might be finding the GW from the sets by itself.

Oooh, might check out one of the Nickents.

The Nickents are nice...but others have mentioned the V-type bounce, so I would try a Solus 4.1 or 7.1. I use one for a 61* and love the 0* bounce on the tight lies, but you can open it up to more bounch when needed. I think they make a 51* that would fit for you. www.solusgolf.com

Now the Chikara I had, loved most everything about it, except the way the hosel was in-line with the leading edge, sorta odd. That was a 56. But, had the inward V thing happening, very very versatile wedge.

Back