Nike VR Pro Blades V.S. Titleist 712 MB

Getitclose

Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN 6.2
So...I'm torn between these two sets of clubs. So therefore, I'm asking for your input. Now, I know what most of you will say. "Go hit both and decide for yourself". I have hit both. Pretty much the exact same (Shocking). In my opinion, when I think of Nike I think of shoes and clothing. Not golf clubs. But man do these feel good. I actually thought they were a bit softer than the MB's. On the other hand, you can't go wrong with Titleist. They are strictly golf. Eat, sleep, breath golf. That's the only thing holding me up. I love the looks of both. The feel of both. So I've got to look at other things such as durability, price, and those type of things. So for those of you who own or know about either of these, please help me out. I really appreciate it!

I have never hit the 712's but the 710 felt terrible to me. For what it's worth I love my pro combo's.

Rory is going to be Nike soon so that puts Rory and Tiger on Nike, go that way! :alien:

I love my Nike blades!

So...I'm torn between these two sets of clubs. So therefore, I'm asking for your input. Now, I know what most of you will say. "Go hit both and decide for yourself". I have hit both. Pretty much the exact same (Shocking). In my opinion, when I think of Nike I think of shoes and clothing. Not golf clubs. But man do these feel good. I actually thought they were a bit softer than the MB's. On the other hand, you can't go wrong with Titleist. They are strictly golf. Eat, sleep, breath golf. That's the only thing holding me up. I love the looks of both. The feel of both. So I've got to look at other things such as durability, price, and those type of things. So for those of you who own or know about either of these, please help me out. I really appreciate it!

They're both gonna play very similarly. Titleist will probably hold it's resale value better. Nike's price should probably be better now. Durability will more or less be equal. Since both are forged, you'll get bag chatter. It that's a concern you could use clubhead covers.

Sorry man, can't tell ya which to get, but you can't really go wrong either way.

Not to confuse the issue more, but if you're in the market for blades check out the Adams MB2. Those're pretty great, too.

Blades are for serious golfers. If you want to be that serious make sure they feel buttery.

I actually like the Nikes more. But if I'm diving into Blades, I'm going after the Wilson Staff FG62s.

They're both gonna play very similarly. Titleist will probably hold it's resale value better. Nike's price should probably be better now. Durability will more or less be equal. Since both are forged, you'll get bag chatter. It that's a concern you could use clubhead covers.

Sorry man, can't tell ya which to get, but you can't really go wrong either way.

Not to confuse the issue more, but if you're in the market for blades check out the Adams MB2. Those're pretty great, too.

Thanks man, I appreciate your help. I'm just so indecisive when it comes to clubs. I mean I've spent hours reviewing both and running numbers on them and yet I still can't make a decision. I've also considered some of the new Mizzy's. Just haven't had the chance to hit them yet. Do you know if Nike has custom options? Like shaft options and lie adjustment? I know Titleist does but I don't know about Nike...

Nike can do full custom as well.
Thanks man, I appreciate your help. I'm just so indecisive when it comes to clubs. I mean I've spent hours reviewing both and running numbers on them and yet I still can't make a decision. I've also considered some of the new Mizzy's. Just haven't had the chance to hit them yet. Do you know if Nike has custom options? Like shaft options and lie adjustment? I know Titleist does but I don't know about Nike...

That's what we're here for, amigo! I get obsessed with the golf research stuff, too.

I don't think I've ever hit a Mizzy blade, but they've got legions of loyalist. I'd bet they're pretty great.

Yeah, Nike for sure has custom options on shafts and looking at TGW custom options it looks like they'll do lie adjustments, too.

That's what we're here for, amigo! I get obsessed with the golf research stuff, too.

I don't think I've ever hit a Mizzy blade, but they've got legions of loyalist. I'd bet they're pretty great.

Yeah, Nike for sure has custom options on shafts and looking at TGW custom options it looks like they'll do lie adjustments, too.

Okay. One more question, how do you know how much of an up charge shafts and adjustments are? Or do you just have to wait and see when they come? I'm going to order them through Edwin Watts. I think they both come stock with Dynamic Gold right? The VR pro 6 iron I was hitting had a Project X so I'm thinking that's why it felt so smooth. It literally felt the ball compress against the face. I thought my i20's were soft when you hit it center.

Okay. One more question, how do you know how much of an up charge shafts and adjustments are? Or do you just have to wait and see when they come? I'm going to order them through Edwin Watts. I think they both come stock with Dynamic Gold right? The VR pro 6 iron I was hitting had a Project X so I'm thinking that's why it felt so smooth. It literally felt the ball compress against the face. I thought my i20's were soft when you hit it center.

Lie adjustments shouldn't have a cost associated to it. Yes, I believe that both clubs come stock with Dynamic Gold. Edwin Watts should be able to give you a quote for the custom shaft.

I play the Nike VR Pro Blades and love them, you can probably find them at a better price than the 712's now as well. The only thing I liked about the 712's was the satin finish. A little home media blasting took care of that issue for me. Best of both worlds.

Lie adjustments shouldn't have a cost associated to it. Yes, I believe that both clubs come stock with Dynamic Gold. Edwin Watts should be able to give you a quote for the custom shaft.

Ok thank you. Sorry

Ok thank you. Sorry

No need to be sorry. If you're buying from Edwin Watts, it's probably best to get the price from them. TGW.com should give you a pretty good idea of what to expect though.

I play the Nike VR Pro Blades and love them, you can probably find them at a better price than the 712's now as well. The only thing I liked about the 712's was the satin finish. A little home media blasting took care of that issue for me. Best of both worlds.

Dude your irons look amazing! How did you do that to them? I also love the satin finish. I think that's half the reason I haven't pulled the trigger. And I haven't seen them under $899 yet

Titleist. Every time, no question. Not only are they a higher quality club and perform better, longer. The resale value is higher than any other company.

Titleist. Every time, no question. Not only are they a higher quality club and perform better, longer. The resale value is higher than any other company.

Whilst I like both brands, the nike in my opinion are a touch softer. I mean that the audible tone is less clicky. Also, you may also be able to save a few hundred even if they are specd out. GT is selling them for 675 right now and that is over a few hundred saved. To be fair, the sating finish and look of the 712 are superb. It is a tight race that may be decided on savings.
Upcharges that I am aware of ctaper- 25 p/c, all custom work like bending or swingweight can be done in house by nike. As for resale, the great thing about the 712 is that you will get more money back if the blades do not treat you well. I think if your going to keep them for awhile, the vr are a great way to go. You can apply $ saved to another set and keep the blades.

Whilst I like both brands, the nike in my opinion are a touch softer. I mean that the audible tone is less clicky. Also, you may also be able to save a few hundred even if they are specd out. GT is selling them for 675 right now and that is over a few hundred saved. To be fair, the sating finish and look of the 712 are superb. It is a tight race that may be decided on savings.
Upcharges that I am aware of ctaper- 25 p/c, all custom work like bending or swingweight can be done in house by nike. As for resale, the great thing about the 712 is that you will get more money back if the blades do not treat you well. I think if your going to keep them for awhile, the vr are a great way to go. You can apply $ saved to another set and keep the blades.

Where are they on sale for 675?

The Nikes to me felt very pure, and alot more forgiving imo. But like any club, what ever feels better to you and gives you more confident when your looking over them... Boom thats your pick :D

Good luck!

I'd venture to disagree with the first part entirely. My Nike blades feel much better than any Titleist offering I've ever hit.

I've always thought that comparing blades was splitting hairs. Other than the logos, I've never been able to notice a difference between the MBs, VR Pro blades, FG62s or the rest. I just know which one I like the looks of best.

As much as I dislike Nike, there's never gonna be a no question with equipment without shear numbers to prove it... You think their blades perform better and are longer? It's a blade, if all specs are the same including shaft numbers are gonna be very similar. Why do you think it's higher quality? And PING has something to say about the resale value statement.

Slicing for show and chunking for dough, because I spend too much time Tapatalking from my iPad.

Between titleist and nike I would go with nike.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Man that's a tough one but if it were me, I'd make sure I hit all the blades not just a few. The TM MB is really nice and I'm a huge Mizzie fan but I must say that the Callaway MBs are money! At the range day at The Morgan Cup I got to hit several offerings and the Callaways were by far a total joy to hit. If you're stuck on the two you listed the one you feel more confident hitting and standing over is the right one, for me it was the Nike.

Last edited:
Never hit the Nike blades but I did like the Titleist offering. That's all I got.

I agree with whoever said the 712s felt harsh. Not what I expected from Titleist. I haven't hit the Nike blades but I have hit the combos and they are ridiculous! I would go Nike on this one!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Back