Nike VR Pro Blades V.S. Titleist 712 MB

Try hitting clubs with different shafts that you could get in the nikes or titleists for no upcharge. Whichever shaft you like the most that comes as a no charge from the OEM get those!

Titleist. Every time, no question. Not only are they a higher quality club and perform better, longer. The resale value is higher than any other company.

I've been playing my Nike Blades for 10 years now and they perform just as good as when I bought them and I have an easy 600+ rounds on them. Not really sure how much longer you need them to perform for.

I understand that you are a fan of Titleist as evidenced by your WITB sig, however I think you are completely off base with your post.

Both too much club for me to put in the bag. However I like the nike's better. A bit softer. Big fan of the pro combo set as well.

They are on sale at GolfTown right now for that price. 575 for TM MB

If your strictly looking at blades you have to demo the Mizuno offerings - buttery and Mizuno pretty much go hand in hand. Also consider the Cobra S3 Pro's. Excellent reviews and can be had for cheap.

If your strictly looking at blades you have to demo the Mizuno offerings - buttery and Mizuno pretty much go hand in hand. Also consider the Cobra S3 Pro's. Excellent reviews and can be had for cheap.

The S3 pro's are excellent. More to the topic of the two from the OP I would lean to the Nike's. Mark's post was about spot on.

So I decided to go with the 712 AP2's 4-PW with KBS C-Tapers and Gripmaster leather grips. Just went out and played my first round with them. Wow! I was a little scared when I ordered them because I had never him the C-Tapers. I heard all of these horror stories about how "they're only for 5% of the golfers". Well, I love them! Ball flight is beyond beautiful. A tad higher than my i20's? But I love it. The AP2's are everything I was looking for. Feel, turf interaction, and workable. I had blades in my mind, but I hit ALL OF THEM. The Titleist were a bit much, the Nikes were nice, Mizzy's were good but I was hitting a 6 iron 160 yards? Right when I was about to tell the guy wrap up the Nikes, I saw the AP2 and said what the hell. I fell in love. If I could marry these bastards, I would. Lol. Thanks everyone for your opinions and such. Don't be afraid of the C-Tapers, even if your a double-digit handicap!

So I decided to go with the 712 AP2's 4-PW with KBS C-Tapers and Gripmaster leather grips. Just went out and played my first round with them. Wow! I was a little scared when I ordered them because I had never him the C-Tapers. I heard all of these horror stories about how "they're only for 5% of the golfers". Well, I love them! Ball flight is beyond beautiful. A tad higher than my i20's? But I love it. The AP2's are everything I was looking for. Feel, turf interaction, and workable. I had blades in my mind, but I hit ALL OF THEM. The Titleist were a bit much, the Nikes were nice, Mizzy's were good but I was hitting a 6 iron 160 yards? Right when I was about to tell the guy wrap up the Nikes, I saw the AP2 and said what the hell. I fell in love. If I could marry these bastards, I would. Lol. Thanks everyone for your opinions and such. Don't be afraid of the C-Tapers, even if your a double-digit handicap!

That's awesome lol, glad you found something you love enough to marry haha..

Well hands down not the nikes, got to my local, saw some demo nikes, tried them and returned with utter disappointment, all Nike clubs performed badly (mb,cb and VRs) all were a club length shorter, (not the matts as I tried them on the grass.... It was quiet :) )

But I can't comment on the titleist mb
But I'd love to try them,tm mc and the cobra s3 :D

OP, not to throw another curve ball into the mix but I strongly suggest hitting the Taylormade MB's. They are such a beautiful club to look at and I felt with the weight port in the bottom of the face offered a tad more forgiveness. I know I'm not good enough to play blades yet, but I did hit the Titleist and Taylormade MB's and the TM's felt much, much better for me. Just my input is all.

OP, not to throw another curve ball into the mix but I strongly suggest hitting the Taylormade MB's. They are such a beautiful club to look at and I felt with the weight port in the bottom of the face offered a tad more forgiveness. I know I'm not good enough to play blades yet, but I did hit the Titleist and Taylormade MB's and the TM's felt much, much better for me. Just my input is all.

That's 2 points off your driver's licence for skimming.

Back