Cobra AMP Driver Review

Need some clarification here on the + or - 2 degrees on the AFT. In netural, the driver is at 10.5 degrees. But if I open it, will that take the loft down 2 degrees to a 8.5?

Need some clarification here on the + or - 2 degrees on the AFT. In netural, the driver is at 10.5 degrees. But if I open it, will that take the loft down 2 degrees to a 8.5?

Yes it will

Thanks for that info frank. I was messing around on the open setting and was seeing a low ROCKET. I need to try the closed next time and see what happens. Didn't realize the effective loft on the open position on my 9.5 was 7.5

At 7.5 I hit some shots that get maybe 15 feet off the ground. They are awesome.

That is why I capitalized ROCKET.

I really enjoy the sound of the AMP driver but the best part is how muchmy accuracy has improved!!

I really enjoy the sound of the AMP driver but the best part is how muchmy accuracy has improved!!

This is what I was so impressed with right off the bat. I was expecting at bit of an improvement but it was way beyond what I expected. Hitting the driving range this weekend to spend some more time with it.

This is what I was so impressed with right off the bat. I was expecting at bit of an improvement but it was way beyond what I expected. Hitting the driving range this weekend to spend some more time with it.

I will theirs the accuracy statement. Not sure if the distance is 100% of the VrS but I know accuracy is way better an my results are much more predictable. Freaking love this thing.

I will theirs the accuracy statement. Not sure if the distance is 100% of the VrS but I know accuracy is way better an my results are much more predictable. Freaking love this thing.
Going to try and get the Amp and the R11 on the launch monitor to compare numbers just to see how close or far apart they are. But I think my distance is still there with the Amp.

Going to try and get the Amp and the R11 on the launch monitor to compare numbers just to see how close or far apart they are. But I think my distance is still there with the Amp.

I am looking forward to those numbers. You can smash the ball man.

I really enjoy the sound of the AMP driver but the best part is how much my accuracy has improved!!

I absolutely agree. This is a really impressive club.

When I demo'd the club the guys at the fitting station said it was their number 2 selling driver. But it seems like there's a relative lack of buzz and action around the club, especially considering how good it is and how it can be had for such a bargain. Maybe that is some insight into the uphill battle faced by manufacturers not named Ping, TM, Callaway or Titleist.

I'm sure it has been said before, but with the some of the comments that were made when this line was first released, and now to see so many people playing really shows what a great product they have here.

I see it in play around ere a bit. All the negative talk is because of the color and the old guard doesn't like that it isn't the standard black

I'm sure it has been said before, but with the some of the comments that were made when this line was first released, and now to see so many people playing really shows what a great product they have here.

I agree mhach. Cobra has a really great product. I think they paired it with a shaft that most people can hit, and hit well.

Look what arrived today...hmmmm

IMAG0847.jpg

Looks like a box of awesome.

They are that...very empressed. Stopped by the mailbox on the way to the range and saw the box inside the mail truck. Picked 'em up and had some time with them at the range. Ever since hitting the Cell in IOWA, it's been hard not thinking about it. I know it is in a different caliber, but couldn't pass up the deal. So this will hold me over until February.

I've never had a 3W before and really enjoyed hitting this one. I love the sound both make, a lot different than the VR_s that's for sure. The setup feels a lot different than my gamer, but enjoyed it none the less. With it being a 10.5, my goodness it was giving the ball a lift. Will have more time with it next week.

For the record, I have gamed this thing 4 rounds, and I am a pretty good driver of the ball anyway, but I have gone from an average of about 70% FIR to an absurd 84% FIR. I don't really hit it longer per se (average according to gps has gone from 265 to 268...not really appreciable), but I know exactly where it's going. I loved my Clevland hibore xls, and would still play it in a heartbeat, but the long crazy knuckler that this thing creates is just mind blowing. Gotta agree though, setting mine to 7.5 does create the low rocket that in dry conditions just rolls forever.

For the record, I have gamed this thing 4 rounds, and I am a pretty good driver of the ball anyway, but I have gone from an average of about 70% FIR to an absurd 84% FIR. I don't really hit it longer per se (average according to gps has gone from 265 to 268...not really appreciable), but I know exactly where it's going. I loved my Clevland hibore xls, and would still play it in a heartbeat, but the long crazy knuckler that this thing creates is just mind blowing. Gotta agree though, setting mine to 7.5 does create the low rocket that in dry conditions just rolls forever.
Wow. Very impressive.

Gotta say, I'm jonesing to get out on the course and hit this again. Unfortunately, the weather and real life have gotten in the way. Maybe I can get to the range this weekend.

Wow. Great to hear such great things about the AMP. Still wish it was in my bag.

Wow. Great to hear such great things about the AMP. Still wish it was in my bag.

I can really see you with a bag full of snakes and a bright orange Rickie Fowler outfit on! It's just you dude :D. I actually really liked the amp driver at the Atlanta tour van stop. It was a nice surprise for me.

I can really see you with a bag full of snakes and a bright orange Rickie Fowler outfit on! It's just you dude :D. I actually really liked the amp driver at the Atlanta tour van stop. It was a nice surprise for me.

I like Orange. But not enough to wear it head to toe. But if I have to do it for the MC, I'll do it :D

Back