Non-golf: What did you accomplish today?

Smallville

#ICanHitADraw
Reaction score
Handicap
In Flux
I put up a pot rack over our kitchen island. Looks sweet.

Had to use swag hooks because the wood was not centered over the island.

We just bought a really nice set of pots and pans last weekend and we didn't want them buried in the cabinet. Really nice = we didn't buy them at Wal-Mart like we bought all our other pots and pans! We actually spent about $300 on this set.

I also picked up the bombs the dogs left in the yard, but that's not really an accomplishment, that's more of a chore!

Last edited:
We purchased a new bedroom set for the new house and new washer and dryer set. That was actually yesterday though.

Today we accomplished sucking at fantasy football better than anybody else.

That was funny! Not exactly an accomplishment, but a definite LOL post!

On a side note, I still hate the green "Reply to Thread" button. I thought I had replied to this already, but looking again, I didn't post. Must have hit that stupid green button!

Actually accomplished not spending $300+ on my girl's cell phones....which they want BAD!!! They aren't avaible for an upgrade yet..... "YES"!!!

I accomplished my highest golf score in over two years. A great deal of embarrassment, with brief flashes of brilliance. But the big accomplishment for the day was meeting and playing my round with Ken (Chunkylover77), my first round with a THPer. We had a great time.

I bought my wedding invitations.. I have been putting it off for awhile (due to not wanting to pay for them, not cold feet haha) so its nice to have that done.

I finished my sons Lego Costume
I took Dixie to the dog park for the first time
I planted 12 - 1 gallon mums in the front
i picked out the back splah for the kitchen..(not sure if wifey will approve)
I am in the process of burning 26 DVD's. (Netflix DVD's that I copied to the HD but just now am getting the chance to put them on disk)
I also accomplished researching a vacuum cleaner decision and have it narrowed down to 2 (a cheap one and an expensive one..)
i am on my way to accomplish getting an Amberbock....:angel:

I napped for about 3 hours this afternoon. It was tough, but I didn't give up until I was done.

Kevin

Well, golf related...I really improved the start of my backswing. Shots are now consitant and straight.

I played guitar for about 2 hours or so and my fingers don't hurt at all. Thats an accomplishment in my books. Hahaha

AdamsGirl's company fundraiser in support of diabetes research was this morning. Walked 5 km. It was a bit uncomfortable at times seeing as it was so cold today, but we made it through and really feel good about ourselves for doing it.

Then this afternoon I played Modern Warfare 2 for a few hours, so all in all, I'd say it was a pretty good day!

Well finally after countless calls and emails with the US Army War College at I have managed to find the last source document I needed for my thesis.

Is it weird I did a happy dance in my office knowing I am constantly on video? Someone probably got a kick outta my bouncing around like a moron.

Went to school, watched the office, and am about to go my a band concert.

Crap, I just realised that I'm going to miss the big bang theory and the new office!:angry:

absolutely nuthin...unless you count nap time

I formatted and completely reloaded 2 laptops and 2 desktop pc's, installed a new printer and showed a user how to turn on her monitor.

I formatted and completely reloaded 2 laptops and 2 desktop pc's, installed a new printer and showed a user how to turn on her monitor.

Too funny! haha

Today I used my new Toro leaf blower/mulcher for the first time, even though all the leaves belonged to my neighbors. My only tree (Pin Oak) hasn't lost many leaves yet.

At the end I ended up doing the last huge pile with my rider and mulched it then blew it where I wanted it. I am trying to level off a large dip in the yard and mulched up leaves will definitely help.

I had never had a leaf blower before this year. It will really be nice getting the leaves out of the gutters.

Great so not only do I have to feel the pressure of everyone with lower handicaps, now I have the added pressure of feeling like I accomplished nothing over the weekend thanks to this thread.

Saturday I preventing my wife from spending way too much shopping by sacrificing three hours of my life at the mall with her, that is a huge accomplishment

Sunday, I taught my boys how to "man up" after eating dirt on my Mtn Bike and riding the last 1/2 of the trail with a bloody thumb. Today my 9 year old told me to man up about something, cracked me up. My wife however did not find it as funny.

Old thread but didn't want to start a new one.

Helped my best friend move. He is going to open a Maaco franchise and needed some liquid cash, so they swapped houses with another family (and the other family paid the difference). They are going to have a culture shock for a while until they get used to living in the city again, as they lived on 5 acres out in the stix for the last 13 years.

Nice job Small's. Great thread as well.

i got the promotion i worked so hard for. big accomplishment for me :beauty:

i got the promotion i worked so hard for. big accomplishment for me :beauty:

Congratulations regc, just in time to help out the wedding lol, cheers to you and David

Finished a digital plumbing job, terminated for the utility company, and went to the driving....oops. Demoed a previous office and reused materials to progress a new remodel. Punch downs are a beotch and now charge for that crap. Some how, some way the utility company will screw things up...given.

Getting ready to grade my students' legal research papers. Fun Saturday, huh?

Today I made coffee, and put on pants. After 3 straight weeks of work, thats all I plan on accomplishing today, and even that is a little much.

Currently building a closet for our baby to be. December is coming fast......
BTW, my wife thinks I'm researching closet space saving idea..

Back