2009 U.S. Open at Bethpage Black [spoilers]

They just announced that Thursday tickets are good for Monday, if they play on Monday. Wonder what they will do for Saturday/Sunday if/when it gets rained out.

I wonder if anyone listened when the USGA said:

Thursday tickets will not be honored and fans can throw them away,

and if so, how irritated they are now?

Normally I like Karl Ravech, but he is just talking nonsense on the Marquee Group broadcast today.

I haven't seen every tee shot by this group, but it seems like Cabrera is a fairway hitting machine.

I haven't seen every tee shot by this group, but it seems like Cabrera is a fairway hitting machine.

Yeah, but it seems like he is starting to get a little agitated with the "slow" play.

Tiger just missed a 2 foot bogey putt on 15. Yikes.

I like seeing that there's a couple amateurs atop the leaderboard right now. It likely won't last, but it's always cool to see.

The commercial where the guys are trying to talk with a New York accent was great!

I thik Harrington is missing as many fairways as Cabrera is hitting. Woods isn't hitting many more than Harrington, from what I've noticed.

Cabrera complains of slow play in every single event. Enough already.

Terrible finish for Woods (4 over the last 4 holes).

Watching Els tee off on #1 right now.

I think I would shart myself if I ever had to hit a shot in front of that many people.

Yargh!!!!!!!!

Phil just teed off, and "Get in the hole" guy is on the tee box again!

Hopefully this hasn't been already brought up in this thread, I haven't read all 8 pages yet......

Am I the only on that cringes every time I hear Chris Berman call golf? He just doesn't fit to me, I don't know what it is. I LOVE Boomer for his work with football, there are few better. But he's just not a golf commentator. IMO at least!

Geez. How lucky did Camilo get with his lie on 4?!
That group is looking good.

Lefty had to hit a provisional on 13. Still looking for his ball.

Rick Reilly is not a great announcer.

RR is trying way too hard when on the mic. He irratates me. Tries to be too comical.

I love this photo of him from yesterday:

Oh rats, I can't cut & paste from the slideshow. So here's a link to it: http://online.wsj.com/article/SB124535337168728621.html#mod=article-outset-box

This one?

Cabrera.jpg

EDIT: From that same slideshow, another well-behaved NY fan.
rolleyes.gif

idiot.jpg

Yup. Once again, I bow to your superior tech skills. :worship:

It doesn't look like a fairway to me.

I love seeing Rocco play well.

Ben Martin looks remarkably like Paul Casey.

I am glad to see Duval is having a nice first round.

Some big numbers by some prominant players.

Back