Really Cool Bushnell Weather Device

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
This thing is set for release and THP will be reviewing it soon. Thought since we were talking weather today, it would be cool to put up. We will know how well it works soon.

572199836_yRGa9-L-1.jpg

572199657_WyvwR-L-1.jpg

I want a weather station for the house. That's freakin awesome!

• Admin
Ours should be here soon to review.

Pretty cool device by Bushnell. I have the NOAA weather chart for at least five courses set in my favorites now!

Unfortunately for any statewide events i play in weather measuring devices are illegal...are they like that elsewhere?

It's just a weather forecaster, how are those illegal? Seriously?
Can you listen to the weather radio? Or watch the Weather Channel in the clubhouse? That's all it is.

• Admin
Here is the press release for the device.

Bushnell Outdoor Products has introduced the new 7-Day wireless Golf weather forecaster. Designed and engineered with Internet-driven technology, this device provides accurate and reliable weather information for over 16,000 U.S golf courses directly from Accuweather.com®. The forecast information is sent to the Golf FXi wireless display using a USB transmitter connected to the user's PC and is updated continuously throughout the day - no sensors, subscriptions or wires are required. The set-up is easy, simply download the software and select your five favorite courses for quick and easy viewing. Change your selections anytime you need detailed weather information wherever you play. The new product will debut in June 2009 at select retailers for $99.99.

The new Golf FXi represents the latest in outdoor technology with the ability to provide current weather conditions and-at-a-glance real-time weather forecasts that can be viewed from your PC or your wireless display. The unit is portable and conveniently provides morning, afternoon and evening forecasts for today and the next three days. With the touch of a button you can view up to seven days

of future golf weather forecasts to help you plan your week. Current, RealFeel®, and forecasted Hi and Low temperatures, along with an exclusive AccuWeather GolfCast™ rating summarizes today's weather conditions for your course. The information appears instantly and is updated around the clock via Internet transmission to the unit. Live weather messages are also displayed for up-to-date conditions. A color changing backlight indicates changes in current temperature at-a-glance.

Other product features include:
• USB transmitter, power adapter, CD software and stand included
• AC or battery operated (4 AA's, not included)
• Additional information provided on the device includes: UV Index, chance of rain, wind speed and direction and lightning alerts
• Alarm and snooze function
• Dimensions 7.3" x 4.25" x 2.75"
• Weight is 13.54 oz

I like the weather station on my iPhone as well and I don't have to carry another device around with me. Also, I have detailed forecasts available from many internet sites at the touch of a button and it doesn't cost me another $100 to get it.

Back