Gummi Bear

Sporadic Golfer
Reaction score
Handicap
Bean Dip
But I'm going out to play this evening anyway.

293ahvt.jpg

Who else is playing?

Played this morning and it was near 100 and really humid.

No thank you! When it get's into the mid 90's I refuse to play as it's just miserable for myself. Walked 18 2 years ago when it was 98º & by the time I hit the 14th hole I was wiped & couldn't concentrate.

Yeah, the heat will suck the life right out of you.

That's a geographic difference. I refuse to leave the house if it's below 0°, to y'all, it's not that uncommon. If I don't leave the house when it's over 100°, I'd spend 3 months of the year on the couch. :D

Ill play when its hot, but I wont walk it, or ill just go by the coast where its cooler. Good luck out there Gummi.

I'm playing 90 holes over Friday, Saturday, and Sunday this weekend. Supposed to be mid 90's and humid each day. I can't wait. I don't mind playing in the heat at all. The ball flies forever and since it hasn't rained they will roll forever in the fairway as well.

I played 9 holes today after work. It was 95* and really humid (we have been under a heat advisor for the past couple days).
I broke down and paid to use a golfcart. I typically dont like using a cart, but I figured it would be a good idea. Id gladly pay $6 to use a cart than to end up getting heat stroke.

Right now (3:00 pst) the weather channel says it is 99* with 7% humidity. I have thermometers in the back yard saying it is 103*F right now. I will hit the course about 5:00 PM pst, and it should be around 104 +/-*F by then. I was in Texas a few weeks ago, and at 90*F and 70% humidity I couldn't imagine why folks even left there homes in that type of weather. First hole I was soaking wet. I golfed in Indiana a few summers ago when it was 98*F. It might as well have been raining due to the very high humidity. Give me low humidity, under 10%, and I am a happy camper. We usually have only two seasons out here. Those being "warm", and "almost cold". The only time for me that the golf weather is bad is in electrical storms, and on those winter days when a stiff north wind is blowing. :cool:

Golf while you can

Golf while you can

Living in Canada, we have late April to October to Golf. Even some of that is iffy. I have played in below freezing and loved it and played in the high 90s with wicked humidity and hated it. With such short seasons you must take what you can get and love it or hate it. As someone once said, "Even a Bad Day on the Golf Course is Better Than the Best Day at Work.":banana::clapp:

ya it was actually 95* in Wisconsin today, with around 75% humidity which makes it way more uncomfortable then a 125* day in Texas, or Arizona

Played this morning and it was near 100 and really humid.

today had a FEELS LIKE temp of 101º with 80% Humidity...that humidity friggin blows :angry:

I complain about the heat too, but I'd rather have that than snow!

played today at noon!! tomorrow is supossed to be the hottest day of the year so far and I have another tee time at noon. It's hot but the pace of play is great!!! All you have to do is look for the positives in it!!

I say bring on the heat ....... some of you guys haven't experienced our winter weather (-30 celcius) ..... it makes you appeciate the warm weather.

I say bring on the heat ....... some of you guys haven't experienced our winter weather (-30 celcius) ..... it makes you appeciate the warm weather.

and you sir haven't experienced our heat :D I have to say though I would pass on the cold you speak of!! tomorrow I will play in 95* 50% humidity that feels like 101*

I complain about the heat too, but I'd rather have that than snow!

Ya agree there...theres a solid 5 month period where i wont see ball fly more than 10 feet into a net-but then i go to AZ(best state ever!) :laugh:

Arizona is great for golf! We don't have 5 months of no golf here, really only a couple where there's no way, and maybe one more that's iffy. Although we had a pretty mild winter this year, we played in January. Once.

No thanks, I've got better things to do.:D

IMG_0745Medium.jpg

I'll take the heat over the cold any day.No thanks to weather under 60*

It almost got to 90 today in Cleveland- so I feel bad for some of you. Screw this. Nothing over 75 for me, thanks. My dad has always said that he wants to retire to Auckland, NZ. Never gets above 75, never goes below 50. That's where it's at. And they have golf.

I love golfing in the 50's, perfect weather as far as I am concerned. The courses are empty, you can take your time, your beverages don't boil sitting in the cart, etc. You guys can have your 90º+ crap, I will take 50-60 & low 70's.

Whoa whoa whoa! You're kidding right? I mean I know you're in AZ, but still, 50* isn't bad, 40* isn't really either. Then again I'm Alaskan :D

I love golfing in the 50's, perfect weather as far as I am concerned. The courses are empty, you can take your time, your beverages don't boil sitting in the cart, etc. You guys can have your 90º+ crap, I will take 50-60 & low 70's.

Amen, brother!

I hate the heat. 50-60F sounds about perfect.

Whoa whoa whoa! You're kidding right? I mean I know you're in AZ, but still, 50* isn't bad, 40* isn't really either. Then again I'm Alaskan :D

You gotta remember, coats come out at 50° in Arizona! hehe

Couldn't agree more! That's why we spend most of our summers in northern Michigan where every day is 76 and may and October are 65! PERFECT weather!!

I played twice last week while we're down here in Missouri briefly. Thursday it was 95 and humid, but we had a 25 mph wind which was a lifesaver thanks to evaporative cooling! I played the Tuesday before and it was only 80 but it was about 75% humidity and still as death- MISERABLE!!

I'll be heading north again soon to hang out until late October and PLAY!

Back