What do you think about golf sandals?

Badger_Golfer

Reaction score
Handicap
Ive always been pretty conservative when it comes to golf fashion. Ive always been a baseball cap, polo shirt, khaki pants and traditional style golf shoes kinda guy.
Ive been thinking about doing something to help me stay cooler during the dog days of summer when its 90* and really humid out.
Im going to buy a pair of nice, plaid shorts (I figure the plaid is a nice golf pattern) and Im considering buying a pair of golf sandals.
I see Footjoy makes them and when my girlfriend and I were at the local Dick's sport goods store on Sunday I took a look at them and they look pretty nice.
I figure I should stay pretty cool with that outfit.
My only question is are golf sandals frowned upon at some courses? At most of the courses I play on the dress code is pretty loose but I wonder if eventually if I start playing at some of the nicer courses if golf sandals will be frowned upon or even if I may not be allowed to play there.
Discuss...

Like you - I'm pretty conservative on the course - however - A few years back I broke a couple of toes :angry: and could not get my foot into a pair of golf shoes. Not wanting to miss my standing Saturday morning tee time - I picked up a pair of FJ sandals and wore them for 2 weeks. The course was fine with them - the guys in my group were a little harsh........ (FYI - I still have them - just in case!) :angel:

What do you think about golf sandals?
I Dont.... Although I did have an ingrown toenail from hell one time that kept me from playing golf for a couple of weeks. maybe they would've come in handy then, lol

I dont quite have the foot to wear sandals...six foot with size 13s...but ive seen people wear em well. They are frowned upon in high school matches though! haha :laugh:

I have a hard time imagining they would be stable enough on a swing.

Ill be honest, those Reef golf flip flops are pretty awesome. I wouldnt mind picking up a pair for the range or those crazy hot days at the local muni. I dont know how much support they would give though.

Never ever ever

These are the ones im talking about.
reef-mick-spackler-sandal.jpg

I could never do the Jesus sandals.

Just cant imagine they would give you the same type of support throughout the swing. Doubt I would ever wear them unless it was a medical issue of some sort.

These are the ones im talking about.
reef-mick-spackler-sandal.jpg

I could never do the Jesus sandals.

Gas those are legit!! I play in leather flops once in awhile when I happen to not have golf shoes in my truck. I want a pair where did you find them.

Gas those are legit!! I play in leather flops once in awhile when I happen to not have golf shoes in my truck. I want a pair where did you find them.
This is the cheapest I have found them so far. I havent ordered them yet.
http://www.boardstop.com/product_info.php?products_id=668&ref=118
* Edit* Nevermind, that site is all out of stock.
http://www.google.com/products?hl=en&q=reef+mick+spackler&sa=N&start=0
Im still waiting for the price to come down a little.

yeah the price is up there that is for sure but I like them, you could never tell they were for golf if you took the spikes out. I wonder if you could use them for daily wear and put in spikes for when your golfing or if that would mess up the spike ports.

yeah the price is up there that is for sure but I like them, you could never tell they were for golf if you took the spikes out. I wonder if you could use them for daily wear and put in spikes for when your golfing or if that would mess up the spike ports.
It would probably mess up the ports, but since they are flip flops they would take up no space in the truck and you could switch out one pair of flip flops for the others real quick. Im a flip flop man, I wear them all the time.

If I'm not in Jeans and Boots I am in Flops and shorts or golf shoes and shorts.

Only if I can wear my black socks with them.:bulgy-eyes:

I would think your feet would move around in sandals while hitting shots, let alone flip flops. I can safely say that I will never wear either for golf.

This topic is as bad as flat or pleats. Sandles have their place and a golf course isn't one on them.Of course just my opinion and you are able to wear what you want.

If I'm not in Jeans and Boots I am in Flops and shorts or golf shoes and shorts.

Are you saying you golf in jeans and boots in Texas? Holy heat stroke!

I don't think this is a bad topic; it already has 20 posts in it! Which is about 19 more than a lot of threads that I start! LOL

A friend of mine just got a pair of golf sandals and LOVED them....until she hit a ball in the sand. Just something to think about.

A friend of mine just got a pair of golf sandals and LOVED them....until she hit a ball in the sand. Just something to think about.

:D .

Are you saying you golf in jeans and boots in Texas? Holy heat stroke!

No way!! wow that is asking for death!! I wear starched Jeans, starched shirt and boots to work! I am one of the only teachers allowed to wear jeans on a daily basis on principle of what my job duties are. I wear shorts and a polo to play golf in.

This topic is as bad as flat or pleats. Sandles have their place and a golf course isn't one on them.Of course just my opinion and you are able to wear what you want.

What is wrong with a topic of flat or pleats?

Back