PGA European Tour | BMW Masters 2012 | Lake Malaren Golf Club [spoilers]

Reaction score
Handicap
Nice looking leaderboard after first round.

Donaldson leads with a -10 62, followed by Molinari and Hanson on -6

Rory and Olly on -5 with 6 euro ryder cup players in top 13.

Hanson 2 shots ahead on -14 with rory clear on his own on -12.

Rory locking it up well here.

This is some leaderboard

Yep, leaderboard is stacked for the weekend. Rory is looking good, but don't discount Justin Rose, 4 shots further back. Nice to see Paul Casey putting a couple of decent performances together too.

I know this isnt listed in the title, but I've had the LPGA coverage on today while working from home. Its good to see Yani making some birdies and showing some more confidence than she has shown most of the year. Womens professional golf could really use a few good rivals to help stir interest.

Paula missed another 5 footer, she looks like shes about to cry everytime they show her on the greens lately.

Solid round by McIlroy and some nice recovery shots by hanson.
That 18th hole is a struggle for most.

BVP had a shot at 59, doubled 18 though so it wasnt to be. Impressive nonetheless.

Rory must have noticed my shirt from the AC Tour Van outing because he's wearing it in today's round...Hehe.

I'm sure that's what it is!

Hahaha...even has the zipper collar too. That shirt is so bright he must have seen it from Ireland. :alien:

20120909_111308_1.jpg

512x.jpg

I do like Rory's shirt. Looks like he's playing pretty well today.

nice par by peter on 18.

Crazy thing I heard - the city they're in is a suburb of Shanghai and it is designed to be 'Swedish'. Other suburbs are also designed after other countries and their styles. All of it built by private companies of course.

I thought it was funny that they were playing at a course called Lake Malaren, since that is also the name of one our biggest lakes. Thought it was just a coincidence, but apparently not.

Oh, go Peter!

Peter Hanson holds off Rory to win by one shot. Good contest.

Back