Ochoa Switches Caddies

Harry Longshanks

ILikeBigPutts&ICannotLie
Reaction score
http://www.thegolfchannel.com/tour-insider/lorena-ochoa-making-switch-caddies-30298/

Lorena Ochoa making switch in caddies
By Associated Press

GUADALAJARA, Mexico – Lorena Ochoa has a new caddie, switching to veteran Greg Johnston starting next week at the Jamie Farr Classic in Ohio.

Ochoa won two majors and reached No. 1 in the world with David Brooker, but she said Tuesday they are parting because of a new phase in her career.

“It’s not easy to let him go knowing he is such a great caddie and person,” Ochoa said.

Johnston spent a dozen years working for Juli Inkster, and together they won 20 times and four majors. He left Inkster to work for Michelle Wie when she was 15 and had at least a share of the lead on the back nine of three majors. He also has worked for Britanny Lincicome, Suzanne Pettersen and Angel Park.

I'm pretty sure they meant Angela Park, Brittan
ny Lincicome, and Suzanne Pettersen. Not sure if that was AP's or GC's fault, but either way it's lame.

I was thinking about this lately. A lot of the LPGA players lately have been switching caddies and have so over the course of their short careers. If you think about the successful golfers they seem to find their caddy and stick with them. I wonder if the ladies need to have faith in their caddies or if the other golfers were just lucky to find a relationship that works early in their careers?

Tiger=Steve Williams
Phil=Bones
Annika=Terry McNamara

I'm pretty sure they meant Angela Park, Brittan
ny Lincicome, and Suzanne Pettersen. Not sure if that was AP's or GC's fault, but either way it's lame.

Okay, normally I don't venture into the GC forum or comments section because the lack of intelligence and civility drives me crazy. But this one just infuriated me. So despite the fact that I will likely be shouted down as a grammar nazi and disparaging remarks will be made about my mother, I actually registered an account so I could post a comment:

GCLPGA.jpg

I was thinking about this lately. A lot of the LPGA players lately have been switching caddies and have so over the course of their short careers. If you think about the successful golfers they seem to find their caddy and stick with them. I wonder if the ladies need to have faith in their caddies or if the other golfers were just lucky to find a relationship that works early in their careers?

Tiger=Steve Williams
Phil=Bones
Annika=Terry McNamara

soxy-

I think part of it is that the players you mentioned are the cream of the crop. They can have their pick of caddies, and they do. And when you win as much as those three players do (did), you aren't likely to make changes. So, I don't think it's really a situation where finding a lifelong caddie makes you successful, but rather, being successful gets you a lifelong caddie.

I don't really go to TGC forums so you'll have to let us know if/when you get slammed for that Harry!

CfC :love:s grammar nazis (just so there's no apostrophe dysfunction involved).

My comment (and 2 in support) was removed and the spelling errors were corrected.

Of course, there are now several idiotic/infantile comments in its place.

1. They paid attention to you, which is probably the best for which you could hope.
  2. You know what they say about arguing on the Internet.

Anyway--I wonder if this stems from the broken foot incident.

Back