Never Compromise Introduces XRay

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
This is a press release

Never Compromise® proudly introduces their latest NCX-RAY™ line of putters. In a recent GOLF.com putter test, conducted by Hot Stix Golf, the NCX-RAY™ outperformed a dozen top competitor’s mallet putters in distance roll on heel, toe and center hits. The NCX-RAY™ is rapidly growing in popularity on the PGA Tour, already having found its way into the bag of eleven PGA Tour professionals, including the likes of Vijay Singh, Joe Durant, Kent Jones and Stephen Marino.

The NCX-RAY™ putters feature “Suspended Face Technology” (SFT™), which includes a dual-density insert that uses isolated ribs embedded in a softer composite. This provides ultimate dampening yet responsive feedback. Utilizing the advantages of an ultra-lightweight face material, designers were able to relocate up to 80 grams (25%) of the head-weight into the extremities of the putter, producing maximum MOI for consistent ball-velocity across the face. SFT™ technology also limits the surface area in contact with the ball, which improves directional dispersion. Additionally, the NCX-RAY™ putters incorporate a gray and red alignment feature, which helps golfers achieve a consistent set-up and improved alignment.
The NCX-RAYâ„¢ is available in four different models:

NCX-RAY™ - Full Mallet NCX-RAY™ Tau – Blade with Plumber’s Neck
NCX-RAY™ Sigma – Geometry Mallet NCX-RAY™ Beta – Small Mallet
“I’ve turned my putting around since switching to the NCX-RAY putter,” said Stephen Marino, PGA TOUR professional. “If you take the all latest putter technology from each of the various putters out on the PGA Tour, you’ll find all that technology wrapped into the NCX-RAY putters.”
The MAP on the all models of the NCX-RAYâ„¢ putters is $149.99 and will begin shipping on May 22, 2009. For more information on the entire NCX-RAYâ„¢ putter line, please visit www.nevercompromise.com

Interesting putter. I will probably give one a roll or two to check it out.

• Admin
We have some unboxing photos in our forum already if you want to see some pictures.

Excellent. I will look for them now.

My woes for this putter continue. Edwin Watts told me over the phone that they had the putter in 35"...the full-mallet. My wife was running errands near there and I had a match-play tourney that day, so she picked it up for me.

She come back with the Sigma...not the full-mallet, clearly not her fault, but stupid Watts' since they said they would hold the "full-mallet" for me. I called them and they said they did not have what Never Compromise calls the "full-mallet".

SO I call the EW closer to my work and explain the situation and tell them I want to exchange the Sigma for the Full Mallet, they said no problem, but we will have to get it from Never Compromise directly, and it should take a week. I check a couple of times with no putter in yet, then today, after 15 days, they tell me that it is in. They said that their Charleston store had one they sent them and it was waiting for me.

I get there at lunch, excited to see my new full-mallet, and I get handed the Beta:at-wits-end::bicker: They call Charleston and asked the manager to grab the full-mallet (giving him their item #)...the guy comes back to the phone with another Beta. I had to explain to them both to go to the Never Compromise website and see what the full-mallet was. The manager says we have that, then describes a new one in his hand...it was the Sigma.

He finally found the Full-Mallet in his own store and said it would be in the Charlotte store by lunch tomorrow. We shall see if that is true.

Are these people all that completely clueless about clubs in their store?:blob:

I did putt around a little with the Sigma and Beta and love the sound and feel of the insert. Honestly, I am a little worried that the ball pops off the face too much for fast greens. Definately a good bit more firm then my Grace DCT putters. I did love the sound and feel and hope to get my mallet tomorrow.

My woes for this putter continue. Edwin Watts told me over the phone that they had the putter in 35"...the full-mallet. My wife was running errands near there and I had a match-play tourney that day, so she picked it up for me.

She come back with the Sigma...not the full-mallet, clearly not her fault, but stupid Watts' since they said they would hold the "full-mallet" for me. I called them and they said they did not have what Never Compromise calls the "full-mallet".

SO I call the EW closer to my work and explain the situation and tell them I want to exchange the Sigma for the Full Mallet, they said no problem, but we will have to get it from Never Compromise directly, and it should take a week. I check a couple of times with no putter in yet, then today, after 15 days, they tell me that it is in. They said that their Charleston store had one they sent them and it was waiting for me.

I get there at lunch, excited to see my new full-mallet, and I get handed the Beta:at-wits-end::bicker: They call Charleston and asked the manager to grab the full-mallet (giving him their item #)...the guy comes back to the phone with another Beta. I had to explain to them both to go to the Never Compromise website and see what the full-mallet was. The manager says we have that, then describes a new one in his hand...it was the Sigma.

He finally found the Full-Mallet in his own store and said it would be in the Charlotte store by lunch tomorrow. We shall see if that is true.

Are these people all that completely clueless about clubs in their store?:blob:

Your wife makes putter runs for you? :shock:

I did putt around a little with the Sigma and Beta and love the sound and feel of the insert. Honestly, I am a little worried that the ball pops off the face too much for fast greens. Definately a good bit more firm then my Grace DCT putters. I did love the sound and feel and hope to get my mallet tomorrow.

Your worries are legit...bought one and was long on almost all my putts, went back to my Yes putter the next round and was short, really short on most of my putts. Need to quit being a putter "ho".

Which one did you buy Dunk? We did not see any issues like that in the two models we tested. But as we said in our review, each model's insert felt VERY different. Although I will choose long over short because you have a chance to hit the hole, nobody wants to go long on everything.

Last edited:
Did you ever get your full mallet WWPSD? What'd'ya think?

So Watts finally got it right and I got my Full Mallet XRAY Wednesday. I spent about 45 minutes at the practice green at my course both Wednesday and Thursday night and what I found was a surprise. First...our greens were aerated about 3 weeks ago so they are a little hair and not quite back to perfect. They are rolling true again, but just a little slower then normal since they are a little hairy.

Wednesday night I was actually SHORT with everything, but this could have been due to the fear of it running putts long. The mallet is a little bigger then I traditionall like, but I did get used to it. I do not like the Beta becuase of the plumbers neck...so full-mallet it was. By Thursday night they have cut the greens and I stood in the and alternated hitting putts to holes all around me, some uphill, some down hill...and ranging from 15 to 45 feet...the range where I need to be 2-putting with more ease.

I have to say that it was AMAZING. The insert is a great sound, and for me the most important thing is that putts off the toe still get to the hole, which is why I love the Grace DCT so much. Well, this putts just it just as good as the DCT, but I hit very few off the toe becuase the alignment is great, just like the review says. I will definately be gaming it for a while, but my only real dislike is the grip. It is a little firm and skinny, I may sway it out for a Winn soon.

My fear of running them way by the hole was not a problem at all, distance control was great with this guy!

Last edited:
Good to hear. Like I originally said in our review, we had no issues with distance control in any of the people that got a chance to try them out. Glad you like it.

I got mine last week, its the X-Ray Alpha.

I agree on your review.
Its a nice putter. Its sounds great, it looks good at adress and the aiming lines make me feel confident.
The distance control took me 2 Rounds and a little pratice at the putting green. Now it works fine.
Only point is the putter cover, in my opinion it is pretty ugly.
I have two putters now, the X-Ray and a ping i-series anser.
Totally different but i like both.

I tried an xray and i thought it was really good!

Back