Which Putter To Choose

OFvar

The Drive to Win
Reaction score
Handicap
This putter looks interesting, but while were on the subject of putters...ive got a putter coming from a guy i did some club work for. Hes got a Never Compromise Gray Matter 2, Odyssey 2Ball, Taylormade Spider.
Ive pretty much got it down between 2ball and Spider but im not sure.....

Suggestions???

This putter looks interesting, but while were on the subject of putters...ive got a putter coming from a guy i did some club work for. Hes got a Never Compromise Gray Matter 2, Odyssey 2Ball, Taylormade Spider.
Ive pretty much got it down between 2ball and Spider but im not sure.....

Suggestions???

Putters are such a personal preference you'd be best off taking all three to a putting green and spending some quality time with each one.

Welcome to THP, you should head over to the check in desk and introduce yourself to the group.

Putters are quite personal, because out of those three, I would have chosen the NC. But that is just me. I am going to move this to its own thread.

Since i dont know how to post a thread ill post it here: wouldnt a spring loaded tee dispensed(like a pez machine) be real convenient if it were small and could attach to the upper part of a golf bad?

Ehe...I would never use it. Most people only use a few per round and the good courses have 4-6 in the holders in the cart already. People will always want one in their pocket just from habit and or superstition.

i guess you are right, nice picture of payne! I have been thinking of buying a See-More, do you have one?

mhm very nice! Do you get to keep all those putters that the companies send to you?

No, we give most of them back and if we are allowed to keep them we usually give them to our members in contests.

i would add the rife 2 bar hybrid into your options. its really a great putter. i just switched to one personally, and i played a blade putter for the past 6ish years

I think you need to re-read his post AK. He only has those 3 to choose from.

With the 3 putters, I personally would have taken the Spider. I prefer the Itsy Bitsy Spider, but still liked the Spider more than all but a couple of putters on the market.

But then, I tend to like the mallet putters and am horrible with a blade. :confused2:

I think you need to re-read his post AK. He only has those 3 to choose from.

oh wups my bad. i would go with the spider myself

maybe ill take the spyder and sell it...:act-up:....then whats the your guys's favorite putters(no restrictions AK) haha

SeeMore

I second that.

Putting is 95% confidence. You just need a stick that you feel comfortable looking down at, with a shaft the right length and a grip that fits you hands. Lee Trevino hustled people with a Coke bottle taped on a stick!

I like the classic Ping Anser II design so I bought a $60 putter based on that. I am tall so I got a 36" shaft and put an oversize grip on it. I've added lead weights to it to the head to find a balance and swing weight that allows me to take it back and let it swing freely through the ball with minimal effort.

If it takes a $350 putter to give you confidence, then get that. But I have a total of $75-80 invested in one that putts like a dream.

If you like the look of the putter and it feels comfortabe when you swing it, you'll have what you really need... confidence.

Iron In Sand

Putting is 95% confidence. You just need a stick that you feel comfortable looking down at, with a shaft the right length and a grip that fits you hands. Lee Trevino hustled people with a Coke bottle taped on a stick!

I like the classic Ping Anser II design so I bought a $60 putter based on that. I am tall so I got a 36" shaft and put an oversize grip on it. I've added lead weights to it to the head to find a balance and swing weight that allows me to take it back and let it swing freely through the ball with minimal effort.

If it takes a $350 putter to give you confidence, then get that. But I have a total of $75-80 invested in one that putts like a dream.

If you like the look of the putter and it feels comfortabe when you swing it, you'll have what you really need... confidence.

Iron In Sand

Lee used a DrPepper bottle on a stick. <---This is important to a Texan, it's simply not the same. :D

Haha thats funny, i have a life size lee trevino cardboard cut out in my room! :laugh:
I have the imola 8 by taylormade now and i had the odyssey xg 7 previously(it looks like a weapon)
I want to try those seemore ones somewhere cause they are mesmerizing to look at! haha
But i really like the alignment system on the two balls/2 ball blade...anything?

If you like the aligment of the 2ball, I would say try that one out. You are most likely not going to find too many SeeMores in stores at this point.

maybe ill take the spyder and sell it...:act-up:....then whats the your guys's favorite putters(no restrictions AK) haha

No restrictions? Rife Two-Bar Hybrid Mallet.

Mizuno/Bettinardi C series
Ping Redwood
Cleveland Classics

Lee used a DrPepper bottle on a stick. <---This is important to a Texan, it's simply not the same. :D

I heard it was a Coke bottle, but having grown up in Waco, where Dr. Pepper was formulated, I get your point.

You can find the story all over referencing a "soft drink bottle", "Coke bottle" or "Dr. Pepper bottle". However a DP bottle would work better than Coke, because it was smooth.

Back