Haney Talks Tiger & Patience

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
This is a press release

Due to his insatiable desire to improve, Tiger Woods had to "practice patience" during his long recovery from knee surgery, his swing coach Hank Haney said during an interview for a TSN special this Sunday.

"He had not played in nine months after his surgery (following his victory in the 2008 U.S. Open)," Haney said on the eve of Woods' participation today in the Nike Golf Invitational at Fox Harb'r Golf Resort and Spa.

"As his knee got better, he could practice more, but he had to practice patience. We knew it would take some time for Tiger to come back. As a friend, it's great to see him play now without pain," said Haney who will play with NBA legend Charles Barkley in a nine-hole exhibition match against Woods today at the Fox Harb'r resort along the Northumberland Strait in Nova Scotia.

Even with 67 PGA Tour victories including 14 major championships, Woods always wants to get better, Haney said in an interview with Bob Weeks that will be part of TSN's broadcast of the Nike Golf Invitational on Sunday, June 28 at 9 p.m.

"No one wants to get better more than Tiger. All he wants to hear is 'What can I do today to be better than I was yesterday,'" Haney said.

Barkley said in the interview that his own work with Haney for their program The Haney Project on The Golf Channel has helped him enjoy the game again.

"Golf is no fun when you suck," Barkley said. "My passion has returned. When the show started, I said that I would give it everything I've got."

That passion will be on display - as well as some inevitable needling and fun - during the exhibition match with Woods and Haney that is part of the Nike Golf Invitational that will raise money for the Tiger Woods Foundation and Canadian junior golf. Woods will also play an 18-hole event with invited guests of Nike Golf Canada.

Any idea whether this event will be filmed and shown anywhere?

• Admin
I asked the same question and have not heard a response.

What is TSN?

• Admin
Canadian sports tv.

This is a press release

Due to his insatiable desire to improve, Tiger Woods had to "practice patience" during his long recovery from knee surgery, his swing coach Hank Haney said during an interview for a TSN special this Sunday.

"He had not played in nine months after his surgery (following his victory in the 2008 U.S. Open)," Haney said on the eve of Woods' participation today in the Nike Golf Invitational at Fox Harb'r Golf Resort and Spa.

"As his knee got better, he could practice more, but he had to practice patience. We knew it would take some time for Tiger to come back. As a friend, it's great to see him play now without pain," said Haney who will play with NBA legend Charles Barkley in a nine-hole exhibition match against Woods today at the Fox Harb'r resort along the Northumberland Strait in Nova Scotia.

Even with 67 PGA Tour victories including 14 major championships, Woods always wants to get better, Haney said in an interview with Bob Weeks that will be part of TSN's broadcast of the Nike Golf Invitational on Sunday, June 28 at 9 p.m.

"No one wants to get better more than Tiger. All he wants to hear is 'What can I do today to be better than I was yesterday,'" Haney said.

Barkley said in the interview that his own work with Haney for their program The Haney Project on The Golf Channel has helped him enjoy the game again.

"Golf is no fun when you suck," Barkley said. "My passion has returned. When the show started, I said that I would give it everything I've got."

That passion will be on display - as well as some inevitable needling and fun - during the exhibition match with Woods and Haney that is part of the Nike Golf Invitational that will raise money for the Tiger Woods Foundation and Canadian junior golf. Woods will also play an 18-hole event with invited guests of Nike Golf Canada.

Oh, dur, I should read more closely. So I guess my question, then, was will it be made available in the good old U.S. of Ay? And I guess your answer was they haven't responded.

Back