JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
This came via email

I saw that you guys had shirts and belt buckles and wanted to see if you were ever planning on doing a headcover. I read the site and in the forum it was talked about earlier in the year. I think it would be cool.

• Admin
We are still planning on doing a THP Daphne's headcover once some more of our merchadise sells. We added Limited Edition Belt Buckles as well as other items and want to clear some goods out before we add anymore.

But it is in the plans to do this year.

We want to know what the animal and style is that we should choose? We like pictures from the Daphne's site too.

We are still planning on doing a THP Daphne's headcover once some more of our merchadise sells. We added Limited Edition Belt Buckles as well as other items and want to clear some goods out before we add anymore.

But it is in the plans to do this year.

We want to know what the animal and style is that we should choose? We like pictures from the Daphne's site too.

Oh very cool!!!! I think we need a THP / dancing banana headcover!

It should be an animal you'd never expect to see in someone's bag that would stir conversation or a second glance. Maybe even convince Daphne to trademark it for you? Something really off the wall like an armadillo, blowfish, or manta ray

It would need to be the Ellie, of course.

• Admin
Now your talking WSE.

Or, since THP is based in Florida - maybe a manatee? :banana:

THP Headcover

We'd be honored to make a THP headcover and I really like your creative ideas, especially the manatee as I have a soft spot for them and their plight. When you are ready let me know as we will create something together. Maybe we could even take all the members of THP and share the prototypes and changes as we go through the process, it could be a lot of fun!

• Admin
Keep the ideas coming and I assure you will do something with them.

I dig the manatee idea.

THorPe the manatee?

manatee2.jpg

manatee_plush_big_eyes.JPG

I dig the manatee idea.

Me too. On the tail you could put THP and maybe have some of the money go to a Charity specifically for Manatee's and Manatee rescue.

Good lord, what did I start? :banana:

Love the name, Harry!

I did some Googling for stuffed manatees, and the biggest problem seems to be that most look more like seals or walruses.

This seems to be the closest thing I could find to a true manatee shape (although it appears to be walrus brown - I thought manatee were grey):

plush_manatee.jpg

Then there's always the weirdest animal EVAH!

Spoiler
istockphoto_854454_armadillo_bucket.jpg

Or, since THP is based in Florida - maybe a manatee? :banana:

If this wasn't a company thread, I have a great Jim Gaffigan video about manatees! But I will be good!

Keep the suggestions coming guys we will be doing a THP headcover.

Mantee is a great idea. My company has a manatee viewing center as follows:

In 1986, Tampa Electric Company built a manatee observation platform at the Big Bend Station beside its warm water discharge canal. The canal is a designated State and Federal manatee sanctuary, where manatees gather when Tampa Bay waters drop below 68 degrees Fahrenheit.

Each year, between November 1 and April 15, thousands of visitors, including elementary, middle and high school students, tourists and local citizens stop in at the Manatee Viewing Center (MVC) to see and learn about not only the manatee, but the estuary environment adjacent to the Big Bend Station. The MVC features an Environmental Education Building, gardens and a self guided nature trail where visitors can learn about the Florida manatee, coastal vegetation, bird and fish habitats, and Tampa Electric Company’s Power Plants. Open daily from 10 am to 5 pm, from Nov. 1 – April 15, including a gift shop and snack bar. Please call 228-4289 (48622) for group reservations or Wendy Valle at 630-6972 (48672) for more information...:cool:

We have a warm-water discharge over here that gets a lot of manatees when the weather cools down as well. I haven't been up there to see them, but have been told it's quite a site to see so many together like that.

Back