Graphite Design Leaving US

lambro2

Reaction score
Handicap
Since certain people left the company a few years ago, and their shafts have not caught on with major OEM releases as of late, it does not surprise me much.

I think that they lost a lot of market as tiger and other big names used their shafts.

I was just surprised because they had multiple players win on tour this year while playing their shafts.

I actually came across this last night while looking for something completely unrelated. I find it pretty odd that they have became a bit of a name with Tiger and I think Adam Scott using some of their shafts. Just don't see many OE's offering as custom upgrades and when they do you are paying for it. I get the srinking margains thing, but to completely remove all the tour reps seems very drastic. I guess we will see less and less of their shafts on tour as factory support, I would think, is very critical.

A little surprising seeing a lot of tour players using them. Thought they were pretty successful in NA. Another article I was reading was saying how the decision was due to tax reasons. It was cost prohibitive for the company to have a USA presence and the margins weren't there. They're huge in Asia, so looks like they made the economical decision.

I really liked the Tour Ad that Cobra had in the Baffler's. Darn

I really liked the Tour Ad that Cobra had in the Baffler's. Darn

Sounds like they'll still be making the shafts though. I love my DI-6 and DI-7. Smoothest shafts I've ever hit.

Can you explain?

More than once I've heard someone in a store say "Do you have that orange shaft Tiger uses" and I've heard on the range "I want that orange one Woods has" (till they see the price tag lol) or "I think it's made by Graphite Design but I know Tiger uses it." He's the one who drives that shaft. Would it even be well known if he didn't? Maybe, but not to the extent it is. Whether they actually lose market share from leaving the US we will see, but Tiger does have an effect on their shafts selling.

Did you read over the post I quoted? It said "LOST marketshare because Tiger was using it".

Interesting news, but not surprising I guess. You don't see too many clubs with their shafts on them, even in the tour model clubs. But I never saw much marketing from them either, maybe they just expected to sell shafts just because Tiger used one.

This is disappointing to read, hopefully they are able to survive and remain (somewhat) relevant over here. I love having tons of options.

They do make excellent shafts, and I would also like to hear how come they've lost marketshare because of TW using the Tour AD-DI?

I'd love to have one of those DI's, I've got the AD EV-6, but I'd maybe prefer a higher launch.

Anyway, I don't think they'll vanish from the market in US, as long as tour players use them, you'll be able to buy them. If there's a need, there's a will.

Sounds like they'll still be making the shafts though. I love my DI-6 and DI-7. Smoothest shafts I've ever hit.

Lol I thought of you as soon as I read the thread title. Don't see this being an issue at all, if people want them, they'll buy them.

Lol I thought of you as soon as I read the thread title. Don't see this being an issue at all, if people want them, they'll buy them.

That's how I feel dude. People will still buy them if they want them.

I think that they lost a lot of market as tiger and other big names used their shafts.

I believe he typo'd something in here...not sure which point he was trying to make lol.

Back