Frying a Turkey - Need Tips!

every year we have fires caused by people attempting to fry turkey's so do it safely and don't be afraid to have an extinguisher of some sort lol.

I've always wanted to try fried turkey it sounds amazing

every year we have fires caused by people attempting to fry turkey's so do it safely and don't be afraid to have an extinguisher of some sort lol.

I've always wanted to try fried turkey it sounds amazing

check!

Thanks Tim! What's the best way to drail the excess oil?

First thing, make sure it's thawed and you remove the gizzard bag from the cavity( I know that sounds simple, but you would be surprised.

Prior to opening the package place the thawed turkey in the pot and fill it with water until its submerged....remove the turkey and mark the water level on the pot.....now that's the amount of oil to put in your pot..that way when you add the turkey to the boiling oil it doesn't overflow.

I use Tony's to coat the outside of the turkey and I use Tony's injectable marinate to"shoot up the bird with juices"

Bring your oil to a boil and then add the turkey....fry it for 3.5 minutes per pound, that means a 10 pound turkey will be ready in 35 minutes. Be sure to drain all oil from turkey and let it sit about 10 minutes prior to carving.

Good luck!

check!

lol, you wouldn't want to burn up your lawn.

oh and great directions Tim, is it recommended to fry turkeys outside?

Oh, this will be done outside...no question. I want some fried turkey but not that badly!

check!

Just allow it to sit cavitiy down(which is the way it should go into the oil).....I usually just take a 13x9 baking dish and line it will paper towels and set the turkey in that...by the time it cools for the required 10 minutes you will have all the oil out

I have done dozens of them....years ago when it really became popular I had tons of friends ask me to do theirs....after you have a good friend turkey you will never want roasted turkey again.

oh and I edited my first post but didn't want you to miss it. because my math sucks....you fry for 3.5 minutes a pound....so a 10 pound bird is done in 45 minutes

I think we're going to try and call Central Market to see if they sell non frozen turkeys. I know you can get them around Thanksgiving but dont' know before hand. We'll see.

Game on!

7utyty4u.jpg

Nice! I'm getting hungry just thinking about all that goodness

Nice! I'm getting hungry just thinking about all that goodness

Test run before the big day....but these fryers seem to be pretty user friendly. Turkey and Cowboys tonight!

My restaurant fries a good 30 turkeys for customers every thanksgiving. For a 12-14lb turkey we normally fry it for an hour at 350*. Internal temps need to be 160+ in the fastest part of the breast.

I would guess that on the box the cooker came in there would be plenty of accurate info. to get ur done right with all the liability issues and such.

In my hood I tend to take a few of them suckers on to save time. I'll have a pot for doing chicken and several for turkeys to get everyone on the road to happiness.

CIMG0124.jpg

Looking good my man!

You should have come down!!! We treat guests right!

You still have the guest bedroom for me? I will be in Tulsa, bring some up for
Me and Jman!

Oh my that looks freaking amazing! Can't wait to hear your review and thoughts

Back