Putting Alley Putting Stroke Isolator Review

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
James M is back with his latest review and this one is on a pretty interesting training aid.

http://bit.ly/Sn2McL

Well built, portable and provides instant feedback on your putting stroke...sounds like an ideal training aide for working on your putting stroke. Great review James!

Great review. I think I'll be picking one of these up at some point.

Thanks for the review Jman. I like that it gives isntant feedback and makes you more aggressive with you stroke.

Great review Jman. I really like the idea of this training aid. This winter will be spent entirely on my putting and this might be a part of it

Sounds like this could be fun and frustrating at the same time. Would look pretty cool on an indoor green as well. Nice work!

This thing looks tough! I like it, may be the thing to help get me through the winter.

Solid review James! Seems like a well built training aid that is just difficult and beneficial enough, while also being fun because it is such a challenge. Half inch sounds nearly impossible!

Good review! Might be a good tool for the winter putting practice!

nice review Jman. i like how small it is. I love my birdie ball putting green but its HUGE and can't really travel.

Thanks everyone for the kind words.

Buck, this one would travel well, that's one thing I really like.

Cookie, the 1/2 inch side is insane, any time I get to feeling good about myself on the 1 inch side a quick flip of it and I realize I'm not that smooth. Its not a ton different than the yardstick in principle, but just enough so that it does stand on its own merit as well.

JMan, on the 1/2" side, is it small enough to where it's needs to be setup an a extremely level surface? I ask because the only hard floor i have is tile in my apartment and I don't know how much the cracks would throw the devise off since it is such a small rail?

JMan, on the 1/2" side, is it small enough to where it's needs to be setup an a extremely level surface? I ask because the only hard floor i have is tile in my apartment and I don't know how much the cracks would throw the devise off since it is such a small rail?

It certainly wouldn't hurt to make sure its level, I know I check it with my level whenever I flip it so I don't pull my hair out for something I can't control.

It certainly wouldn't hurt to make sure its level, I know I check it with my level whenever I flip it so I don't pull my hair out for something I can't control.

Makes sense. Would definitely have a level to verify it is flat if I was to game one of these as well for winter training

I'm always looking to improve my putting, sounds like this device would be very helpful. $50 seems a little high to me but if that $50 were to provide me with more putts holed then I'd have to say it's worth every penny! Thanks for the review.

Thanks for the thoughts James. I think that the isolator would be great practice for "off season" use and trying to keep your game fresh for when the weather broke. But of course, also if you find yourself with the "yips" too!

Interesting product. I've never even done the yardstick drill. This could be good for the off-season to keep your putting sharp.

Nice review James!

Back