The Fitness & Workout Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Blugold, Where are you getting your workout? You may have listed it before but I dont want to try and find it hehe

Blugold, Where are you getting your workout? You may have listed it before but I dont want to try and find it hehe

I saw an infomercial for "Body Beast" it is a program from Beach Body.

http://www.beachbody.com/product/fitness_programs/body-beast-workout.do

I looked into it and really liked the idea of the program. I found on Beach Body's website the workout sheets.

http://images.beachbody.com/pdf/bodybeast/BEAST_worksheet.pdf

I cross referenced with youtube and typed up my own. I know I am not doing the program 100% correct because I don't have the nutrition guide, supplements, or the designed rest periods in my workouts. I am just using the structure. Right now, the 'Bulk' phase workouts take me around 35-40 minutes each. I don't know what the cardio program is, or the 'Beast Abs'. So I improvise. I am very close to purchasing everything necessary to do it at home come March.

Spoiler
Untitled-10.png

It is a good program that seems to burn a lot of calories and develop muscle.

Blu, are you building a home gym bro?

Solid keg throwing this morning. I also want to thank Mr. Schweitzer. Folks, this guy knows what he's doing and he's tweaked my workout a little bit and I think it's going to be good fore in the long run. Many of you have met me and know that I'm not a small fella. 13 weeks ago before I embarked on this journey I was fat and out of shape. In fact, I weighed in at 278 lbs when I got started. As of today I am at 248 lbs and my target is to get to 230-235. I am 6'4 and I think anything smaller than that is not what I'm after.

I thought I'd be brave and share a pic so that those of you who saw me at the MC or at the NC tour van stop could see what kind of progress I am making.

a2ypa5ys.jpg

I think I will continue to update the thread with some pics along my journey. A lot of you guys inspire me and keep me motivated so thank you!

Damn TC your looking trim dude well done keep up the good work.

No kegs this week, Doc's orders gotta get over a chest/throat/ear infection first. Over the worst of it but not in any hurry to get back in the pumphouse

Blu, are you building a home gym bro?

What's crazy, the Body Beast workout is designed to be done with dumbbells, an EZ Bar with weights, a pull up bar or bands, and an adjustable bench. It really can be down with only that. I live four blocks away from a Gold's, so I really don't need a home gym. I just take my workout sheets with me.

Just got done keg throwing. Figured I would TC it and throw a pic into the thread. I've lost 8 pounds since Iowa. That's not a huge number, but not bad, I'll take it.

SU1HLTIwMTIxMTA1LTAwMTE4LmpwZw.jpg

Good to see that the golf tan is still strong.

Dude, nice tan.

More importantly, looking chiseled as well that's awesome! This thread is huge for motivation, I need to get on the horse!

I did cardio pylo metrics today and wow I am freakkng beat. I went and got some grilled chicken egg whites and oatmeal. Time to start changing the diet to see better results.

TapaTalk from the iPhone

Dude, nice tan.

More importantly, looking chiseled as well that's awesome! This thread is huge for motivation, I need to get on the horse!

The safety green shirt doesn't help with those pasty white arms. hahaha

Nice one Blu, looking good man! Keep it up. That body beast workout looks pretty good, I might look into that for the start of the year.

I did cardio pylo metrics today and wow I am freakkng beat. I went and got some grilled chicken egg whites and oatmeal. Time to start changing the diet to see better results.

Plyo kicks your butt! You're putting in some work TH, love to see it!

Get well soon Kelly, the pump house is missing you.

I did p90x chest and back last night, after an hour of football. Lots of push ups and pull ups. Still struggling to get any amount of pull ups, but it's a long road and I'm pounding it hard. Might have to don the skinny jorts and blind y'all with a pic before long!

Got back in the gym after a three week layoff. Had to get an MRI on my left knee for a possible Meniscus tear, but it turned up negative(thank goodness). So I am back at it, the local YMCA has some good group workouts so I am going to try them for toning and losing some weight.

Today is pure Cardio and Cardio Abs. The day I absolutely dread. I am back on my supplements and protein and trying to eat better. I am hoping to see 15-20 pounds lost by the end of Insanity and then move back into weightlifting and cardio at the gym.

Today is pure Cardio and Cardio Abs. The day I absolutely dread. I am back on my supplements and protein and trying to eat better. I am hoping to see 15-20 pounds lost by the end of Insanity and then move back into weightlifting and cardio at the gym.

Which supplements do you use?

Texas Hacker,
Insanity is great, be careful with you knee though. It is very high impact. I I've had 3 surgeries one my left and 2 on my right. My right gives my problems still and usually after 5 days into Insanity I am reaching for the ice packs. If you like workouts like that and would like to spend less time try CrossFIT.

JJ

The stretching I'm doing now is almost yoga-like. Amazing how much it takes out of you despite no weights being used, no cardio. Feels very good afterwards though.

Has anyone experiences from the TPI system? Titleist Performance Institute? The pro I've visited suggested that we should make a TPI test for me and then create a workout program based on the results. I've heard that it's good, but only random "it's good" comments.

The stretching I'm doing now is almost yoga-like. Amazing how much it takes out of you despite no weights being used, no cardio. Feels very good afterwards though.

Yoga totally kicks your butt. Amazing how much holding the one position can make you sweat!

Texas Hacker,
Insanity is great, be careful with you knee though. It is very high impact. I I've had 3 surgeries one my left and 2 on my right. My right gives my problems still and usually after 5 days into Insanity I am reaching for the ice packs. If you like workouts like that and would like to spend less time try CrossFIT.

JJ

Q: How can you tell if somebody does Crossfit?

A: Wait 5 minutes and they will tell you.

I've never done Crossfit, but it does interest me. But how does Crossfit have less impact on the knees than Insanity?

Which supplements do you use?

I did a bit, ok a lot of studying, of nutrition and supplements as well as having a great friend in dallas who owns a supplement shop so I take a pretty generous dose of stuff.

Currently a multivitamin, flaxseed, whey protein and then oxyelite pro and and recreate to help burn some of this fat.

TapaTalk from the iPhone

Q: How can you tell if somebody does Crossfit?

A: Wait 5 minutes and they will tell you.

I've never done Crossfit, but it does interest me. But how does Crossfit have less impact on the knees than Insanity?

I'll be honest, I laughed at loud on that one.

I've also never tried Crossfit (probably because the only CrossFit affiliated gym in my area is somewhere in the neighborhood of $100/month and requires you to attend scheduled classes) but the people that do it sure aren't shy about telling you about it.

I'll be honest, I laughed at loud on that one.

I've also never tried Crossfit (probably because the only CrossFit affiliated gym in my area is somewhere in the neighborhood of $100/month and requires you to attend scheduled classes) but the people that do it sure aren't shy about telling you about it.

My roomate is doing it and he loves it. I dont know to much about it though

Bassically you're awesome if you do it.

So I hear. He keeps to himself really so I dont hear about it, but I know that one of the little jabs about these guys is they love to talk about it

My roomate is doing it and he loves it. I dont know to much about it though

IMO, the principles that make CrossFit great are the same ones that earn it the vast amounts of criticism you hear. The workouts focus on a lot of olympic lifts which are great at building muscle because they are compound movements that require a lot of power/explosiveness. They do a great job of adding in cardiovascular work such as sprints, rowing, running, swimming, etc. I also like that they use different bodyweight exercises such as climbing rope, dips, etc.

However, the issue that I and many others have with CrossFit is that when you have an untrained individual trying to combine complicated Olympic lifts with high intensity aerobic exercise, the results can be disastrous. For example, it's hard to snatch 225 pounds (just a random number) when you're fresh and rested between sets. It's only asking for trouble and injury when you have someone trying to snatch that same amount of weight after they've rowed 500 meters, done 50 burpees, and climbed a 25 ft. rope beforehand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back