Nike VRS Covert Driver Preview

I'm very interested if the concept here pays off.

Wonder which Nike driver Rory will play. Will he market the new Covert or go with the Nike VR like Tiger

LOL, at a tweet I just saw. "I think it kind of looks a little like Gus Fring's face after Walter White blew him up."

It is definitely different, the only thing I really like about visually is the nike symbol on the top. Never thought I would like something like that.

To be honest, I'm more intrigued by the multiple loft system that they are going to in the driver, fairways, and hybrids. People on here raved about Cobra/Puma doing that in their 2013 line, seems like that is the trend nowadays. I like the trend: just buy one club, then tune the loft to your game.

Really interesting adjustability idea with the independent loft and face angle rings. Nike did a good job with their VR-S series last year. I hope they haven't screwed up a good thing the way they did with the Sumo drivers after the first one.

I'm looking forward to giving this a swing to see if all this creative technology works or if it's a bad idea like the Method Concept putter.

To be honest, I'm more intrigued by the multiple loft system that they are going to in the driver, fairways, and hybrids. People on here raved about Cobra/Puma doing that in their 2013 line, seems like that is the trend nowadays. I like the trend: just buy one club, then tune the loft to your game.

Agreed. Rather then fiddle around with 5 different heads with one loft.

Specs have been added to the homepage, SW. Look up. :alien:

Lol, yeah that article answered a bunch of my questions. Still don't like the swoosh though, but I love the look of the sole. Curious where that weight was moved to.

Any info on the shaft JB?

The more I look at the top line, the better it looks. I'm not a huge fan of the bright colored club heads, but I like the red on this club.

I keep thinking that the club is going to sound like a Louisville Slugger at impact. That is a huge cavity.

I was just reading on the homepage about this. I think the AMP Cell has the most simplified approach I have seen. But this surely does look good to. Count me as an intrigued consumer.

The adjustability looks pretty damn sweet. Pick your loft and open/closed setting.

I kinda dig this in all honesty. Really want to hit it. Would kill to test this beauty!

Sure are seeing lots of colors in drivers these days. The adjustability looks pretty cool.

So here's a question: Nike and other manufacturers (Adams in particular) have spent years developing clubhead aerodynamics, and now Nike seems to have thrown that all away. How much do they actually matter? Using my rudimentary understanding of aerodynamics, won't this massive cavity make some huge pressure bubble at the back of the head that will create a lot of drag versus last year's VRS or any of the Speedlines?

Lol, yeah that article answered a bunch of my questions. Still don't like the swoosh though, but I love the look of the sole. Curious where that weight was moved to.

Any info on the shaft JB?

I believe its the Mitsubishi Kuro Kage

Sick looking driver...love the red but not sure about that swoosh near the heel

^^^^^^ I Tapped That.....On My iPad ^^^^^^

I believe its the Mitsubishi Kuro Kage

Yes, I read that but Google doesn't return much info about weight/launch/spin etc etc though. I'm guessing it is in the 50 gram range.

The moveable weight in the 460cc version, is that to adjust launch, similar to the Z-Star?

Sorry for all the questions!

what i don't like is that this is Nikes 3rd different shaft adapter in the last 3 years. that is kind of frustrating.

Wonder if this one can beat/replace my Ping K15 straight flight...

what i don't like is that this is Nikes 3rd different shaft adapter in the last 3 years. that is kind of frustrating.

True, maybe they'll stick with this one. At least they've gotten better each time though.

I'm looking forward to giving this a swing to see if all this creative technology works or if it's a bad idea like the Method Concept putter.

Come on man. The Method Concept was my favorite putter new to 2012. Sure it looked odd, but nothing I tried was as stable at contact or put as a good a roll on a ball as that putter. I really like what Nike does. They try to push the envelope, and I like that.

True, maybe they'll stick with this one. At least they've gotten better each time though.

i agree with that. they have seemingly gotten better.

Found the info I was looking for about the shaft. Not sure what changes if any Nike had made to it, but it sounds pretty sweet. Low to high 50's depending on flex, and a firm butt and softer tip section.

I like it, the deep face on the tour driver. You would never know there is cavity in the back of the head. The only thing that may be distracting is the swoosh on top of the head.

I am totally amazed how many companies are adding color into their driver lineups.

Back