Miyazaki B. Asha Review - Forum Testing

Fit tips will finally be delivered today or so I'm told. Should have the shaft ready for this weekend

Chunky, remind me again which one you have? Are you going to put it in the Fit TA?

I have the 4S. 2 unsuccessful deliveries of the wrong tips. The dude kept shipping me the regular Fit tips instead of the TA tips

I have the 4S. 2 unsuccessful deliveries of the wrong tips. The dude kept shipping me the regular Fit tips instead of the TA tips
Look at me chunkyresponding and you with a 2 minute response time, lol. Hopefully you get those TA tips here soon dude.

Keep up the great work with the reviews fellas. Lots of great info in here that's for sure.

Good info Stan. How would you characterize your ball flight with the 4s?

Very nice info Nate/Stan/G4L/Dam! Have a blast in your Tourney Nate! Common theme showing up me thinks.

Great write up Stan! thats awesome that the shaft performed that well for you and you ended up with the best driving round. especially in those conditions. Keep up the great work!

Very nice update Stan.

Good update Stan.

Just catching up a bit here. Great work so far guys. The one word I seem to keep reading is 'accurate'.....hmmm, doesn't sound too bad so far!

Keep up the great work with the reviews fellas. Lots of great info in here that's for sure.

Thanks for reading my review guys. I was really happy that I had the run of the course for my first testing so I could get some distances. Also, in the past, playing in conditions like this my driver would have been all over the place. This shaft really gives me confidence off the tee. I'm not worried about the wind affecting the ball, it's a great feeling. It really is amazing how straight this shaft is. It is definitely the theme of this thread, it is a side spin killer.

Good info Stan. How would you characterize your ball flight with the 4s?

Mid ball flight. I'm a pretty low launch player which is why I went with the 4 series. I'm seeing very similar height to the RIP Phenom (my old shaft). However, the RIP would climb up gradually then drop off. The B. Asha 4S gets up quick then flattens out. I think the B. Asha's trajectory is a big advantage over the RIP in windy conditions, is just isn't affected as much.

I have off on Veteran's Day this Monday and have a tee time. Unfortunately this is up in the air as it's snowing right now, hopefully it's all melted away and the course is open. Last week a hurricane, this week a nor'easter, I really think mother nature hates the Northeast right now :dont-know:

UPDATE:

Sunday: 18-Hole Round @ Chardonnay Golf club

Went out Sunday afternoon with Arvin from the forum and his buddy for what we thought was going to be a quick 18. But when we got there we realized that they were having a Pepsi Tour event and it was going to be slow. So after our 3 hour and 15 minute front nine we went back to the front nine and did it again in a little over an hour. This actually worked out great because it let me do a side-by-side comparison!

The first nine holes were with the B. Asha and the second were with the 6M3. My ball striking was not the greatest this day and absolutely frustrated me at times, but I definitely got away with some poor swings. The front nine only has 6 holes where you can hit driver as it's a 3x3x3 front nine. With that I only hit 3 of 6 fairways.
  • On the first hole I pushed it right, but got away with one. Distance was normal for what I have been seeing and carried 250ish and stopped.
  • The second hole I made a little bit better swing and managed to drive it down the fairway to the 250yd mark again.
  • The fourth hole is a mid range par 5 and from the tips we were playing it was a 225yd carry over the pond. I striped one here and it carried about 270, hit the fairway and backed up a yard....ughh.
  • The sixth hole is a down hill left to right bender where if you have the distance to cut the corner then you can shorten it up a lot. I hit a pretty good ball here and cut the corner and just barely got it in the fairway.
  • On the seventh I put an absolute terrible swing on it and missed it wide right and put it in the vineyard.
  • On the ninth hole I got real flat and snapped one over to the left and had a terrible lie in the weeds.
The second nine with the 6M3 wasn't any better with hitting fairways, but I did get penalized for hitting the ball further. I hit only 2 of 6 fairways and averaged at least 20 yards more distance. The second and seventh hole I made two really great swings and the ball went a lot further than I thought and it hurt me on the next shot. On that seventh hole it takes 290 from the tips to get to the sand and that's exactly where I ended up. I was really hoping to get the back spin issue figured out, but the only way I can bring the spin down is to tee it up in the middle of my stance which led to more missed fairways.

Monday: Range session in Brentwood, CA

I found that I was flipping again with my swing and it was making me miss the ball right as well as lose massive distance. Once I got that under control I went back to seeing a mid-high launch with decent roll out. I was also able to hit it left or right when needed again which was nice. Overall it was a nice range session.

Today: Range session Chardonnay GC

I had a pretty nice long 3 hour range session today. It was very windy today!! I was working on the constant cupping issues that I have been having as well as fixing the early release. Once I got settled in started to move around ball position without sacrificing how it felt in my stance. With this new combination I saw some pretty good results. I was able to bring my flight down to more of a mid launch and the ball was actually rolling out and this is an uphill range so the 265 carry that I was seeing was nice as well.

So far one of the biggest things I have learned about this shaft is that I can change how it reacts by ball positioning. My other shaft DOESN'T do that to the extent that the B. Asha does. If I want to decrease back spin and increase the roll out I just need to tee it lower and move it back an inch. The simple adjustments are what I like. I also like that my misses are definitely less penal with this shaft, if I make a bad swing I can usually get away with it.

Very interesting to hear that you're losing distance with the B.Asha dude. When you tee it lower and move it back, are you losing more distance or adding?

Very interesting to hear that you're losing distance with the B.Asha dude. When you tee it lower and move it back, are you losing more distance or adding?

Adding distance when I tee it lower and move it back. I am still in love with how this driver feels, but just don't like the distance results. Not sure what I can do to change this Dan.

I hit J4U's B.Asha today 4 times and all four were dead straight rockets that put all my other drives to shame. It was just as smooth as the Speeder that I just put in my G15 but very effortless to hit. I hit what I thought was a decent drive with the G15 and then used Doug's Amp/B.Asha and hit it straighter and 20 yards farther with the amazing ballflight that I saw Canadan hitting in ATL. I am seriously pondering selling all my other drivers and getting fit for one of these bad boys. The B. Asha is the BeeeeAaash!

I've actually been waiting for someone to come on and say their not getting their normal distance.

So Wess, does your other shaft have more spring in it? Is it acting more "alive" if that makes any sense?

I've actually been waiting for someone to come on and say their not getting their normal distance.

So Wess, does your other shaft have more spring in it? Is it acting more "alive" if that makes any sense?

My other shaft just has a much more penetrating flight. Alive does make sense I guess, I just wish the 6m3 had the feel of the B. Asha. I honestly think tipping this shaft a 1/2 inch could help with flight and spin.

Adding distance when I tee it lower and move it back. I am still in love with how this driver feels, but just don't like the distance results. Not sure what I can do to change this Dan.

I was thinking the same thing Nate! Kind of refreshing! Seems like your accuracy was a touch better with the B.Asha -- Does the accuracy outweigh the distance?

I hit J4U's B.Asha today 4 times and all four were dead straight rockets that put all my other drives to shame. It was just as smooth as the Speeder that I just put in my G15 but very effortless to hit. I hit what I thought was a decent drive with the G15 and then used Doug's Amp/B.Asha and hit it straighter and 20 yards farther with the amazing ballflight that I saw Canadan hitting in ATL. I am seriously pondering selling all my other drivers and getting fit for one of these bad boys. The B. Asha is the BeeeeAaash!

I dig it Randy!!! The AMP+B.Asha seems like a very good combination for most who've swung it!

I was thinking the same thing Nate! Kind of refreshing! Seems like your accuracy was a touch better with the B.Asha -- Does the accuracy outweigh the distance?

I can't determine that yet Dan. I will need to get both shafts on the course again together and figure it out. I also want head back to Sacramento this weekend and play a tighter course. That will be the real test. If the swing changes that I have made work for both shafts then maybe I could have distance and accuracy! So we'll see what happens. This testing is definitely eye opening for me!

Those were some sweet drives brother!

FYI, Brian is one of the only authorized fitters for this line in CO and is at the Academy there at GVR...great guy!

LtEvO TaPpEd In

Very interesting stuff Wess. I can't wait to hear how your journey progresses with the B. Asha and if you will game it after the testing.

Nate with my standard swing I'm hitting it about 250 off the tee which is shorter then my Devo6. But when I get a bit more agrees ice I see similar distance and if I hit the final gear I see some explosive distance. But with the normal swing the distance is dialed back with the 5x.

Nate with my standard swing I'm hitting it about 250 off the tee which is shorter then my Devo6. But when I get a bit more agrees ice I see similar distance and if I hit the final gear I see some explosive distance. But with the normal swing the distance is dialed back with the 5x.

I love how you go through that swing progression Freddie. That makes perfect sense to me. I agree that when I make the same smooth swing with both shafts the 6m3 goes further. Accuracy is about the same. I will skip other gear progressions and go straight to full boost on a twin turbo S65 AMG. When the fuel ignites the B. Asha flies straight with some great gains in distance and with the same swing with the 6m3 there's some wheel spin and I have more chances to lose the ball right.

Very interesting stuff Wess. I can't wait to hear how your journey progresses with the B. Asha and if you will game it after the testing.

Who knows Dam, there's a lot of new technology out there and I think this could be a crazy combo in a very low spin head. I'm actually thinking of maybe putting this in a Classic 310 head or maybe a 290 7.5* head.

I love how you go through that swing progression Freddie. That makes perfect sense to me. I agree that when I make the same smooth swing with both shafts the 6m3 goes further. Accuracy is about the same. I will skip other gear progressions and go straight to full boost on a twin turbo S65 AMG. When the fuel ignites the B. Asha flies straight with some great gains in distance and with the same swing with the 6m3 there's some wheel spin and I have more chances to lose the ball right.
The accuracy I've not seen in a driver before the B asha. Yes I still have the hang back push fade but I have yet be penalized by it. Primarily I see a lack of side movement unless I am looking for it.

The accuracy I've not seen in a driver before the B asha. Yes I still have the hang back push fade but I have yet be penalized by it. Primarily I see a lack of side movement unless I am looking for it.

The accuracy in the B Asha is top of the line. I'm firm on this statement, I've never hit a driver/ shaft combination more accurate then the Classic/ B. Asha..........PERIOD!!!!!

Interesting stuff with the distance Wess. I'm still not sure exactly what (if any) the difference in distance is between the B. Asha and the RIP Phenom. But like you said, the accuracy is something I've never seen in a shaft before.

Wess or Tadashi....does the distance loss have anything to do with the lower launch angle? I think for the most part most have said they are seeing lower launches.

Another thought is we talk about the shafts being stout. With the tips having less torque and maybe less kick, could that be causing the loss?

Wess or Tadashi....does the distance loss have anything to do with the lower launch angle? I think for the most part most have said they are seeing lower launches.

Another thought is we talk about the shafts being stout. With the tips having less torque and maybe less kick, could that be causing the loss?
My launch with the VRS is high just like my Devo so that's not it. My feeling with the 5x is it requires a good load and some speed beyond my usual 104. I have yet to stand on it for gear of losing blance but I have pushed to the edge and seen some nice distance. My driver is also an inch shorter than my Devo.

Back