Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tried a bunch and these worked

• I play Pro V1's because that is what all good players play

• Went to a ball fitting.

• Total voters
Bridgestone ball fitter said I should use it.
I like it. It's soft to me. I also hit my 1st 289 yard drive with that ball. He also recommended the e6+. I got Precept because they are cheaper used.

Bridgestone ball fitter said I should use it.
I like it. It's soft to me. I also hit my 1st 289 yard drive with that ball. He also recommended the e6+. I got Precept because they are cheaper used.

That's good, but my point is you can get the Distance iQ180s, they are the same ball and they don't say Lady, and that's a plus right? :banana:

They make a white one too. I didn't know they made a men's version. I got used to the jokes for playing a lady ball.

Im playing the pink ones tomorrow. Dont sweat it CG, its what matters what you do with the ball, not what it says.

They make a white one too. I didn't know they made a men's version. I got used to the jokes for playing a lady ball.

Learn something new everyday. But if your used to it then what JB said applies.

Im playing the pink ones tomorrow. Dont sweat it CG, its what matters what you do with the ball, not what it says.

I agree, but I was just letting him know incase he was a little embarrassed by the Lady part.

I'm too cool to be embarassed:cool:
But if they are the same I will change to the men's version.

I'm too cool to be embarassed:cool:
But if they are the same I will change to the men's version.

More power to you if your not embarrassed. But yes, the distance iQ180 is the same ball.

That's good, but my point is you can get the Distance iQ180s, they are the same ball and they don't say Lady, and that's a plus right? :banana:

I am sorry, but you have been completely misinformed on this point. While the construction principles are similar they are designed for totally different swing speeds. The Distance iQ 180, while still a relatively soft compression golf ball, is no where near the softness of the compression of the Lady iQ 180 (it is roughly a difference of around 45-compression for the Lady and 60-65 compression for the Distance). Furthermore, the Lady iQ 180 has a 342-dimple pattern which is optimized for the average female golfer's swing/spin characteristics, whereas the Distance iQ 180 has a 330-dimple design cover, same as the dimple count on all of the Tour B330 balls. Everything else you said is correct. The Distance iQ180 does not come in pink and it doesn't say Lady.

I am sorry, but you have been completely misinformed on this point. While the construction principles are similar they are designed for totally different swing speeds. The Distance iQ 180, while still a relatively soft compression golf ball, is no where near the softness of the compression of the Lady iQ 180 (it is roughly a difference of around 45-compression for the Lady and 60-65 compression for the Distance). Furthermore, the Lady iQ 180 has a 342-dimple pattern which is optimized for the average female golfer's swing/spin characteristics, whereas the Distance iQ 180 has a 330-dimple design cover, same as the dimple count on all of the Tour B330 balls. Everything else you said is correct. The Distance iQ180 does not come in pink and it doesn't say Lady.

So I was wrong, thanks for that bstonerjk. My swing coach (he has a contract for balls with Bridgestone) said they were the same, but thanks for correcting me.

I have actually done two ball fittings over the past 8 mos, and I'm now playing the Lady IQ180 in yellow. Love the yellow balls, as I can't see white ones land on drives anymore. Last Fall the first fitting showed that Pinnacle FX Soft in yellow was identical performance to the Titelist NXT Tour, for half the price. Then a couple weeks ago, I wanted to see how these Precepts compared, and I finally brougth ProV1's with me, too. The Precepts averaged a little over 4yds further than the ProV1's, and they were straighter for me, too. Who'dathunk???
My avg club speed is 94mph, ball speed was 135.6, with a 10.5deg custom driver, for about 245yds, and I'm a 9.9 index. Nothing spectacular in those numbers, but that ball has really helped. And they're dirt cheap on the web! I love beating guys playing $4 ProV's with something that cost me less than a buck a piece! :) Yellow Dogs rule!!

GG reviewed those a couple of months ago, and loved them as well.

Me & my buddy took the Bridgestone challenge. The guy showed me the results on paper & told me I should use the B330-RX & my buddy, the E5s. Well I though ok, ya kept playing with the computer & got the results to show I would be better with your products, but I was in a good mood so we both bought some. Want to guess what we're still playin with...matter of fact, I just bought 2 dz more B330-RXs today.!:dance:

Last edited:
I just checked the most recent updates for the southeast on Bridgestone's site, and no listings for Florida at all through the end of August right now. Makes me sad after the one I tried to attend was rained out while we waited at the range. :confused2:

My wife bought me a dozen for my birthday last year and I liked them! Bought four dozen for this year (for starters!).

So, I guess, I let my wife choose my balls! hehe

My wife bought me a dozen for my birthday last year and I liked them! Bought four dozen for this year (for starters!).

So, I guess, I let my wife choose my balls! hehe

Also when & where????:rotfl:

i put 2, i tried a bunch and these worked. i also fall into the category of whatever is given to me, but those are still prov's, nikes, taylormades, ect. i find that this year, the top of the line softer/higher-spin golf balls ie: nike one tour, pro v1, srixon z-star, is the first time that i have really liked these golf balls in calm conditions. in previous years, specifically with the nike one platinum, i generated far too much spin and lacked too much distance when compared to other golf balls. when conditions change though; any wind, rain, or wet ground, i will automatically switch to a firmer golf ball ie: nike one tour d, pro v1x, z-star x, because these give me more carry and i don't get and balls backing up when they hit in the fairway.

I voted #2, but it's subject to #1. I like pro-level balls for the feel and spin, but I won't pay more than $30 per dozen. I push hard for $20 per dozen. This usually means buying last year's ball. I was playing Nike One's for a while. But the current TM TP balls can be had for cheap and are great balls!

This is easy for me. I play the best ball I can find for the lowest price. Pinnacle gold cost me about a dollar apiece. You see the thing is I'm a noob and fine tuning my game down to things like ball choice is the least part of my game to worry about right now. Pinnacles do seem to like to go swimming come to think of it. I bought a box of Pro V's just to see what all the fuss was about. I killed them. I drowned them. I think they were $4+ apiece!

Last edited:
Back