Hackers Opinions Wanted

Franklin51

On the Verge
Reaction score
Handicap
Ok so I have narrowed my shaft choices down between the AXE and either the UST V2 or the VTS. I have tried calling Robin at AXE for over 2 months and I have sent numerous emails. I am really interested in his stuff based on his history but not being able to talk to him worries me. So my question is would any of you buy a shaft to try without talking to the guys who made it?

I would if I knew what I want, but your situation sounds a little different. I'm not sure I'd buy something from a company that didn't respond to me. That makes me wonder how they'll respond if you have a problem or defect.

Without being able to try a shaft I would have a hard time buying it. Sometimes you can look at reviews and gain some understanding but not being able to hit it... I'd like to talk to someone who knows enough about it so they could help with any questions.

Honestly, if they aren't calling you back after two month.. I wouldn't give them my money.

Guys I agree with yall. I have had dealing with UST before and they have been top notch. I use to game a ProGold 65. I may just go with them and be done with it.

Guys I agree with yall. I have had dealing with UST before and they have been top notch. I use to game a ProGold 65. I may just go with them and be done with it.

That would be probably the safest route! I have a VTS Red in my hybrid and really like the ballflight. I like how they have different varieties with the VTS line. You can't go wrong with the V2 either it seems.

That would be probably the safest route! I have a VTS Red in my hybrid and really like the ballflight. I like how they have different varieties with the VTS line. You can't go wrong with the V2 either it seems.

Yea I am going to call UST today and just ask really what the differences is. The VTS and teh V2 seem to have similar specs in the ones I am wanting. Which gram VTS do you have?

With extraordinarily limited exceptions, no try = no buy for me.

Really a shame, I'm always amazed when small companies don't have great customer support - you never know when that story hits a place like THP. And if positive, drive people to checkout, if not outright purchase their product. Heck, I'll pay extra if I know the place has great customer support.

I would if I knew what I want, but your situation sounds a little different. I'm not sure I'd buy something from a company that didn't respond to me. That makes me wonder how they'll respond if you have a problem or defect.

Same here, I've gotten shafts before without trying them, but I would be truly worried about the lack of communication.

I wouldnt buy it out of spite. They cant reply to an interested customer. Thats worthless.

You'd expect at least some sort of response in that time frame. I'd go with the VTS, I like mine.

I wouldnt buy it out of spite. They cant reply to an interested customer. Thats worthless.

I agree with One-T.
Companies, especially niche companies should really focus on customer service if they expect you to spend your money with them.

I am going with the V2. I am really leaning towards going for it in my Driver (65), FW (75), and Hybrid (85). Anybody got any thoughts on the same family of shaft in those clubs?

I agree with One-T.
Companies, especially niche companies should really focus on customer service if they expect you to spend your money with them.

Agree with all of this, imagine what would happen if you have an issue and you get this kind of customer service??

I am going with the V2. I am really leaning towards going for it in my Driver (65), FW (75), and Hybrid (85). Anybody got any thoughts on the same family of shaft in those clubs?

I've had it before, but only because of stock shafts. I would think it would really benefit from a feel and performance standpoint. It would create quite a bit of consistency, I would think!

I really like the V2 tour I have in my hybrid. I have wanted to try the same shaft in my driver.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

I've had it before, but only because of stock shafts. I would think it would really benefit from a feel and performance standpoint. It would create quite a bit of consistency, I would think!

that was my feeling and the UST guy suggested it.

that was my feeling and the UST guy suggested it.

I was also surprised that he told me there wasnt enough difference in the V2 and the VTS for me to spend the extra money

Exactly! And what kind of Service would you be getting after you made the purchase, and something isn't right with the shaft? Yeah, you'd be getting the shaft. I would be moving on to someone that values your business

has anybody hit the V2 and the VTS? curious to know if any difference has been seen

I like the VTS that I have in my hybrids, and I wouldn't deal with a company that I couldn't get in contact with.

Bummed to hear you never heard back from them. I sent him an email last week, nothing. I was actually excited about this shaft because its such a good price, but with such poor customer service its not even worth the small investment. Best of luck to you with the V2/VTS choice.

Back