Android Phone Thread

Awesome. Made the change, sent a text, and didn't have to backspace anything! Thanks for the screenshot!

It has been awesome for me. It gets almost every word right and NEVER changes golf to hold like my ibiatch did for 2 straight years. :D

It has been awesome for me. It gets almost every word right and NEVER changes golf to hold like my ibiatch did for 2 straight years. :D

hahaha!!!

The only word it's struggled with so far is 'awesome'. I do like the small vibration on the keyboard. I am sure they old one had that, but I must have turned it off. glad to have it back.

I know it was mentioned but SwiftKey is a great 3rd party key board replacement app. I am not sure how much it is in the Play store but I got it cheap during one of those .25 app promos. Worth checking out especially if you are still on ICS and do not like the keyboard. When I got my Galaxy Nexus I tried the native keyboard for about 3 months and then went back to SwiftKey. Just works better for me.

Do you remember which one you downloaded?

Search jellybean keyboard in the store. It will come right up and there's only one. It's 100000x better then the stock Samsung one

Search jellybean keyboard in the store. It will come right up and there's only one. It's 100000x better then the stock Samsung one

I ended up with two options...

0cgb3RzJXwXfVcqTkaMr14rGWWrsz3Bo_baLVmpVgeijvvsdypOfZHyG-wwNLlHxSAVG=w78-h78
and
kV6T18-KVy5KHb1nSaypXqodhHaKTVhGB39_FmDBbif7fdwnOoCwCaXudb8U09Kozyo=w78-h78

I went with the one JB selected (the one on the right) and I'm quite happy so far. You use that one, or the other one?

and

I went with the one JB selected (the one on the right) and I'm quite happy so far. You use that one, or the other one?
I use the one on the right, it works great.

and

I think the ROM Im running already has it because it looks the same and I didnt download it again.

I am still in the Honeymoon phase of my new phone, and right now, I really wish I had gotten one before!

I am still in the Honeymoon phase of my new phone, and right now, I really wish I had gotten one before!

That is the best feeling isnt it?

There are only a handful of things that I enjoy more than a new gadget or phone.

Have you gotten to the point where you have said, "What did I do without it?"

I was in a restaurant tonight and heard a song I thought I knew but wasn't sure. Opened phone and used Shazam ap to find the song name/artist.

About the 10,000 time I've thought to myself how amazing this technology is in the year I've had my smart phone.

That is the best feeling isnt it?
Most definitely!

There are only a handful of things that I enjoy more than a new gadget or phone.

Have you gotten to the point where you have said, "What did I do without it?"
Honestly? Yes! hahaha

Jacqui will like it when I get to use her upgrade on a new phone for me (the S3 maybe) and she gets this one!

I am kind of addicted.

The whole group message from iPhone is still bugging me. Like yesterday my landlord sent Jenn and I a message about something. I never even got the message but Jenn did. Now if I send out a group message it appears normal and working more how I want it. Have tried GoSMS and Handcent.

Most definitely!

Honestly? Yes! hahaha

Jacqui will like it when I get to use her upgrade on a new phone for me (the S3 maybe) and she gets this one!

I am kind of addicted.
Haha! Welcome to my World! Now you want to upgrade, and then you'll want to upgrade again!

The whole group message from iPhone is still bugging me. Like yesterday my landlord sent Jenn and I a message about something. I never even got the message but Jenn did. Now if I send out a group message it appears normal and working more how I want it. Have tried GoSMS and Handcent.

ddec,
Have them kill their chat with you and you do the same. Then when you send the messages, it should work. It was actually an issue for some reason going from iChat to Android and vice versa that is pretty common.

Does anyone use a Task Killer app? I know JB mentioned he did in one of his first posts in this thread, but wonder if you still do? And if so, which one are people using, there are many of them. I hate that I have so many things that run for no reason.

ddec,
Have them kill their chat with you and you do the same. Then when you send the messages, it should work. It was actually an issue for some reason going from iChat to Android and vice versa that is pretty common.

Will have to try it.

Does anyone use a Task Killer app? I know JB mentioned he did in one of his first posts in this thread, but wonder if you still do? And if so, which one are people using, there are many of them. I hate that I have so many things that run for no reason.
I always advise people against using them, because often times the apps kills critical things that actually help save battery. I would just suggest hitting th multi-tasking button every now and then and clearing the apps.

Multi tasking button?

Will have to try it.

When I switched over to the GSIII from the iPhone and sent morgan some texts she never got them. She sent me some and I never got them. Actually we got some, but missed most. It turned out it was because somehow her line and my line were not hitting each other because of iMessage or something of the sort. Once we each ended and cleared the stream and I started it again, it has worked flawlessly.

Is that the little bar you drag down from the top?

When I switched over to the GSIII from the iPhone and sent morgan some texts she never got them. She sent me some and I never got them. Actually we got some, but missed most. It turned out it was because somehow her line and my line were not hitting each other because of iMessage or something of the sort. Once we each ended and cleared the stream and I started it again, it has worked flawlessly.

I had this same issue when I switched to the S3. It seemed to happen with everyone I texted with until we both started over.

It shows a list of recent apps, but not a bunch of running apps.

Back