Big Break: Prince Edward Island [spoilers]

Well, there you have it. Couple thoughts:

• I got really excited when Brian started voiceovering, only ultimately to be disappointed. I guess the awesome Brian thoughts are reserved for his own play. Durn it.
  • Editing this year was quite a bit more advanced than prior seasons. Can't say I always loved it -- in some episodes I thought they got a bit excited and threw in some irritiating cuts and so forth -- but tonight I thought they did a good job on the preamble and in the manner in which they unrolled the action.
  • Blair's fist pump on the first hole was a bit silly. Last time I thought Derek's reaction was questionable; tonight I thought it was fair.
  • It was nice to see the whole crew out there again. I'd forgotten about Boo Jr. and Kowabangpat (I know).
  • I like Derek. Despite his apparently enormous ego, he's a charming enough guy.
  • Good season. I enjoyed this one exponentially more than last season, and probably as much as Ka'anapali or whatever it's called.
  • Told you so.

I didn't have a problem with her first hole fist pump. It was an important putt at the time, it drew first blood. It was still four feet, it wasn't a tap-in. I couldn't believe it when she was down and was hitting irons off the tee. I also couldn't believe on the first hole that Derek, after having trouble with that hole earlier, didn't pull a 3 wood or iron off the tee this time.

Wish it could have been more exciting of a final show, Derek wins by three this nine, plus three the first nine. I'm with you WSE, and I believe most people here, who thought that Derek would win. I was, however, hoping that Blair would win.

Last edited:
I think all the guys were hoping that Smallz! We all know she looks a lot better in a swim suit than derek! haha

I didn't have a problem with the fist pump either. But Derek's reaction was way out of proportion.

That was some pretty ugly (or at least uninspiring) golf. And his comment at the end that he was glad he "played so well" made me laugh. How many times was he in the trees.

Blair pretty much collapsed. She played much better in earlier episodes. Looked like the pressure really got to her.

It was a good season. I still liked Ka'anapali (BB9) and Trump National (BB6) better. But just barely.

Bummer we have to wait so long for the next "season." Anyone have any inside information on the format for BB12?

I didn't have a problem with her first hole fist pump. It was an important putt at the time, it drew first blood. It was still four feet, it wasn't a tap-in. I couldn't believe it when she was down and was hitting irons off the tee. I also couldn't believe on the first hole that erek, after having trouble with that hole earlier, didn't pull a 3 wood or iron off the tee this time.

Wish it could have been more exciting of a final show, Derek wins by three this nine, plus three the first nine. I'm with you WSE, and I believe most people here, who thought that Derek would win. I was, however, hoping that Blair would win.

I was wondering about Derek's comment about the fist pump so I asked him tonight about it. It looked like his comment was a bit "staged" for drama. Also, it was wierd showing him in two different interview sessions - one with the lockers behind and one with some nautical stuff behind him. I asked him about that too.

But mostly I asked him how it felt being 100K richer! Brian joined me as well tonight to share what it was like watching it live and who was cheering for whom. Interesting comment from Gerina about hoping for Derek so her elmination didn't feel so bad. ;)

He also called Gerina "baby" after he eliminated her. What's the deal with that?

And after tonights episode he also gave her a big smooch on the cheek.. which he didnt do to any other girls there.. so it makes you wonder

It looked like his comment was a bit "staged" for drama.
What does that mean? Did the interviewer tell him to say it?
And after tonights episode he also gave her a big smooch on the cheek.. which he didnt do to any other girls there.. so it makes you wonder
If so he moves pretty quick because he was linked with Nicole earlier in the show.:D

I thought the finale should have been 18 holes of stroke play, not 9 holes. Also, I thought the best thing about the entire series was when Brian got eliminated. I thought I would fall out of my chair when he came up with the "I hit it too pure" excuse. My wife came in to see what I was laughing so hard about.

In GolfGal's interview Derek mentions some bad weather for the next day so they were wanting to get the remaining 9 holes in on the same day. It might explain why they only played 9 holes.

If so he moves pretty quick because he was linked with Nicole earlier in the show.:D

what is derek thinking! Hes got a 100 large in his pocket and hes messing with an ugly scottish chick! Take blair out for a "post match meal because he won"........wow hes got bad taste if hes putting the moves on gerina!

Really? I liked Gerina. She may have not have been the hottest, per se, but she was definitely my favorite.

maybe its age difference smallz...haha maybe she was a really good person, but she was definitely not a looker! :bulgy-eyes:

what is derek thinking! Hes got a 100 large in his pocket and hes messing with an ugly scottish chick! Take blair out for a "post match meal because he won"........wow hes got bad taste if hes putting the moves on gerina!

(a) Gerina is not the "scottish chick." She's from New Mexico.
(b) Brenda is the "scottish chick."
(c) Brenda's not Scottish, she's Irish.
(d) She's not ugly.

(a) Gerina is not the "scottish chick." She's from New Mexico.
(b) Brenda is the "scottish chick."
(c) Brenda's not Scottish, she's Irish.
(d) She's not ugly.

Well said.

I hated that people baged on Blair for the mini-"fist-pump". It was small and it was pumping herself up for the competition. They were in no way cocky or arrogant.

Does not make me wonder, they were friends. I kiss some friends on the cheek and some I do not.

Does not make me wonder, they were friends. I kiss some friends on the cheek and some I do not.

Do their beards scratch your lips.

:D

Am I the only one who thought that whole red belt thing on Blair was weird? Sort of the equivalent of looking like her pants were pulled up to her armpits.

Okay, and if Derek won--last fall--what's he done so far this year? I should Google it myself, but I don't know his last name and I'm too lazy to go digging around.

Okay, and if Derek won--last fall--what's he done so far this year? I should Google it myself, but I don't know his last name and I'm too lazy to go digging around.

Are there any naked pictures of Derek out there for me to look at?

F.I.F.Y.

Am I the only one who thought that whole red belt thing on Blair was weird? Sort of the equivalent of looking like her pants were pulled up to her armpits.

I liked the outfit except fo that hat. It was a little weird, but she wore it well.

What does that mean? Did the interviewer tell him to say it?

Guys! Read his bio. He said he loves beer, food and women. He's a guy! And he's a good lookin guy. Even my husband said he's a good lookin guy. So...Derek doesn't move quickly - he's just already there!!!!! ;)

I liked the outfit except fo that hat. It was a little weird, but she wore it well.

My hubby agrees with you - he thought Blair looked fab in her belt and all...Me? I was watching Derek :)

Back