Official Rant of the Day Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
that is Dirty.

Did you look at their website?: http://www.ashleymadison.com/

Their slogan is "Life is Short. Have an Affair."
and "Join AshleyMadison.com for FREE and Have An Affair...Guaranteed!"

You know, I am a firm believer in the fallibility of human beings. And I believe that many sins (secular and religious definition) can and should be forgiven.

But to intentionally set out on a path that you KNOW will dramatically injure another person to whom you have made a promise, whether or not you still love them, is abhorrent. And to not just facilitate, but ENCOURAGE that kind of betrayal FOR MONEY is just unforgivable.

If you are that unhappy in a marriage, then get a divorce. What possible reason could you have for not? You won't be able to maintain the same lifestyle to which you are accustom? Eff you - you should have thought of that before you married for money. You don't want to hurt the kids by splitting up? Eff you - how do you think it will hurt them when they find out that their mommy or daddy devastated their other parent by blatantly seeking out affairs through an online affair service. Not an "oops I'm sorry that I fell in love with someone else" but an in-your-face "I don't give a damn about you."

I get it. Sometimes people fall in love with the wrong person and you can't help yourself. I know I've done a lot of stupid things. A LOT. But I've never set out to intentionally do something I knew would hurt someone I cared about (or even used to care about) just because "Life is Too Short." And anyone who charges to "guarantee" that it will happen is the worst kind of pimp.

Now I'm going to go watch "Wipeout" and restore my faith in humanity.

Boo Girl is a clothes horse, and her (paternal) grandmother and (paternal) aunt both gave her cute shorts for her birthday. They have to be ironed, and not just they'd-look-nicer-if-they-were-ironed, but they-are-a-wadded-up-mess-of-fabric-if-they're-not-ironed. Boo only wants to wear these, so I'm finding myself ironing shorts for a nine year old a few times a week. This is nuts.

My relatives have enough sense to look at the fabric care label before buying clothes for my kids.

Boo Girl is a clothes horse, and her (paternal) grandmother and (paternal) aunt both gave her cute shorts for her birthday. They have to be ironed, and not just they'd-look-nicer-if-they-were-ironed, but they-are-a-wadded-up-mess-of-fabric-if-they're-not-ironed. Boo only wants to wear these, so I'm finding myself ironing shorts for a nine year old a few times a week. This is nuts.

My relatives have enough sense to look at the fabric care label before buying clothes for my kids.

My mother is a freak about ironing - she even irons sheets. When I was growing up - she'd make me take my uniform skirt off if she thought it needed to be pressed before I left the house. Unfortunately, I am the same way - I even iron my jeans.

Just curious, but isn't 9 an appropriate age to teach them to iron for themselves? I believe in self reliance and if she just has to wear those particular shorts, I would certainly let her.....if SHE ironed them. If I have overstepped my boundaries here, I apologize.

Last weekend I lost several brand new balls on like the first swing. I was playing a ridiculously narrow course through the woods, and kept drawing and pulling my shots more than normal (no it wasn't a hook!). Anyway, nothing worse than losing a nice ball with a single swing on it. Grrr.

Maybe they did. . .

When I was growing up - she'd make me take my uniform skirt off if she thought it needed to be pressed before I left the house.

Would that be a plaid skirt for catholic school?

Just curious, but isn't 9 an appropriate age to teach them to iron for themselves?

I think a hot iron in the hands of a 9-year old is asking for trouble.

I think a hot iron in the hands of a 9-year old is asking for trouble.

Hmmmm, I think a hot iron in the hands of certain 47 year-old male is asking for trouble!

I had a old room mate who used to iron his boxers. :confused2:

Im with Smalls. im still not allowed to handle the iron.

Hmmmm, I think a hot iron in the hands of certain 47 year-old male is asking for trouble!

My mom made me iron my own stuff (can't remember when I started though - probably high school or jr. high.)

Anyway, freshman year in college our gang was headed out on Friday night. We were over at a girl's house and she was running way late and we were bored as all-get-out and ready to go. Someone asked her "what else do you have to do" and she gave her list. One of the things was iron her shorts. I shouted out "I got that." (I was ready.to.go.) I grabbed her shorts and when I saw that they had pleats I asked her if she wanted a crease and if so, just at the bottom half, or all the way up so it merged with the pleats.

The entire room went silent, and every girl in the room turned their head to look at me and gave me that look that says "how did you know that?"

Just curious, but isn't 9 an appropriate age to teach them to iron for themselves? I believe in self reliance and if she just has to wear those particular shorts, I would certainly let her.....if SHE ironed them. If I have overstepped my boundaries here, I apologize.

Boo likes to iron, but I try to limit her to napkins and such. Creases, corners, matching up the seams, etc. gets complicated. When she irons with me, we have to allow plenty of time, and I didn't have that last night.

Boo likes to iron, but I try to limit her to napkins and such. Creases, corners, matching up the seams, etc. gets complicated. When she irons with me, we have to allow plenty of time, and I didn't have that last night.

Got it! Its been a long time since I had a 9 yr old girl at home... a very long time.

Did you look at their website?: http://www.ashleymadison.com/

Their slogan is "Life is Short. Have an Affair."
and "Join AshleyMadison.com for FREE and Have An Affair...Guaranteed!"

You know, I am a firm believer in the fallibility of human beings. And I believe that many sins (secular and religious definition) can and should be forgiven.

But to intentionally set out on a path that you KNOW will dramatically injure another person to whom you have made a promise, whether or not you still love them, is abhorrent. And to not just facilitate, but ENCOURAGE that kind of betrayal FOR MONEY is just unforgivable.

If you are that unhappy in a marriage, then get a divorce. What possible reason could you have for not? You won't be able to maintain the same lifestyle to which you are accustom? Eff you - you should have thought of that before you married for money. You don't want to hurt the kids by splitting up? Eff you - how do you think it will hurt them when they find out that their mommy or daddy devastated their other parent by blatantly seeking out affairs through an online affair service. Not an "oops I'm sorry that I fell in love with someone else" but an in-your-face "I don't give a damn about you."

I get it. Sometimes people fall in love with the wrong person and you can't help yourself. I know I've done a lot of stupid things. A LOT. But I've never set out to intentionally do something I knew would hurt someone I cared about (or even used to care about) just because "Life is Too Short." And anyone who charges to "guarantee" that it will happen is the worst kind of pimp.

Now I'm going to go watch "Wipeout" and restore my faith in humanity.

Well played sir....well played :clapp:

I just spilled coffee on my white shorts. :at-wits-end:

My golf league is rained out. Again.

There's an event next Monday I can't play because I have to meet with clients.

There's an event the 20th I can't play because I agreed to help out another family.

I'm beginning to feel very put upon.

It's the last day of the month - hence I'm stuck at work until at least 9:00pm chasing down sales reporting. :confused2:

My golf league is rained out. Again.

There's an event next Monday I can't play because I have to meet with clients.

There's an event the 20th I can't play because I agreed to help out another family.

I'm beginning to feel very put upon.

If you are honestly feeling put upon, then you have nobody to blame but yourself. Don't be afraid to say no sometimes & put aside some time for yourself.

If you are honestly feeling put upon, then you have nobody to blame but yourself. Don't be afraid to say no sometimes & put aside some time for yourself.

Oh I know. When it comes to the kids, Hubby knows I'll always give in first.

First of the quarter reporting. We're woefully understaffed, but soldiering on and getting it done just fine. Until Hubby insists on micromanaging everything. My office manager is about to walk out, and I don't blame her. So I gotta go make nice and be certain the calculations are correct.

A New Low

A New Low

http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/07/02/maryland.toilet.birth/index.html

Woman left newborn in portable toilet, police say

(CNN) -- A 44-year-old Maryland woman faces charges of child abuse after police say she gave birth in a portable toilet and dropped the newborn into the waste tank.

After exiting the portable toilet in Long Wharf Park in Cambridge, Candy Vigneri got a cigarette from a construction worker and sat at a picnic table, police Lt. Wayne Bromwell said.

As she sat, a male passer-by approached the toilet but Vigneri warned him, "Don't go in there, I just had a baby there," police said.

The man immediately called 911. Vigneri returned to the toilet and retrieved the newborn from the foul liquid at the base of the tank.

The baby was unresponsive and covered with a blue antibacterial chemical agent when emergency responders reached the scene, police said.

Vigneri told officers that she didn't know she was pregnant.

She was arrested Wednesday on charges of child abuse and reckless endangerment and is being held on a $50,000 bond.

The baby is in stable condition at Easton Memorial Hospital. Dorchester County social services will take control of the newborn after she is released from the hospital.

A guy you get paired up with that paces off his putts because he has a depth perception problem. That's not the problem. He also paces off yours as well. At least he told one good joke all day!

A guy you get paired up with that paces off his putts because he has a depth perception problem. That's not the problem. He also paces off yours as well. At least he told one good joke all day!

MO, stop doing that!

MO, stop doing that!

LMAO, don't forget the swing advice and the gimme putts:D

Spoiler
BTW, it wasn't me and I told Smalls I was going to club the guy if he gave me anymore swing advice.

That's funny WSE. I don't think he stepped off any of MO's putts, but he did hit a few shorts putts back to him!

On the bright side, and I gotta give credit where credit is due, although I HATE getting advice on the course, he did notice I wasn't standing close enough to the ball with my hybrid (over time, I slowly started moving away, more like a wood). My hybrid shots improved a bunch after that. And overall, he was OK, he just did a few things that bothered me.

EDIT: Harry syndrome - - - MO beat me to it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back