What Are You Listening To?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Love me some Marty Robbins, good stuff man...

Max Stalling - Bass Run

"Love Shack," as covered by the Party Dolls (local party band).

crickets outside my window

Sexy Can I- Ray J

"Luckenbach, Texas" by Waylon Jennings --- obviously wishing I was floating the river instead of working today!!!!

Bocephus - Kaw-Liga

It's a toe tapper, but I still like Charley Pride's version the best. Even better than Sr.'s.

Next up:

Static-X - Bled For Days

I love random selection. :D

Graham Parker - "Stupefaction"

"American Girl" - Tom Petty :blob:

"American Girl" - Tom Petty :blob:

I didn't know that he was a part of Hank tribute album until this morning they played You're Gonna Change (Or I'm Gonna Leave) on XM. He added some of his flavor to it, and did it justice. Chalk that up to one more reason to dig Petty.

Now playing:
Shinedown - Heroes

I didn't know that he was a part of Hank tribute album until this morning they played You're Gonna Change (Or I'm Gonna Leave) on XM. He added some of his flavor to it, and did it justice. Chalk that up to one more reason to dig Petty.

Now playing:
Shinedown - Heroes

HUGE Petty fan. One of my all-time favorite concerts. Steve Nix did a surprise. Great music.

Now playing: "Texas On My Mind" - Pat Green :cowboy:

Just finished up:

Hank III - My Drinking Problem (Just Left Today)

Now Playing:

"Uncle" Ted Nugent - Cat Scratch Fever

Hank III - My Drinking Problem (Just Left Today)

Nice!

Now playing "Pearl Snaps" by Jason Boland & The Stragglers

I must be on a country / Red Dirt kick on Pandora today! :cowboy:

I love the Red Dirt music. When my brother was living in Stephenville, I'd go down on weekends and go see shows with him. That's really the heart of it all, IMO.

Just finished playing:

David Allen Coe - Take This Job And Shove It

Not a bad re-do of a Johnny Paycheck classic, but still not the same.

Now playing:
Hank Jr - Dixie On My Mind

Followed by:

Stray Cats - Hot Rod Gang

Nobody's cooler than the Stray Cats. Talk about a band that was way ahead of the times.

Never could get into new school cheeseball hip-hop, too manufactured. I can stomach some of the old stuff (DrDre, Snoop, Ez-E, Ice-T, etc.)

Listening to a VH1 Storytellers with Willie Nelson and Johnny Cash, doing an acoustic version of Ghost Riders In The Sky.

Next up:
Pat Green - California

Ozzy Osbourne- Crazy Train

Never could get into new school cheeseball hip-hop, too manufactured. I can stomach some of the old stuff (DrDre, Snoop, Ez-E, Ice-T, etc.)

They're not really old school Hip Hop - more "gansta" although I don't like that term - what about the Sugar Hill Gang, Grandmaster Flash & the Furious Five, Run DMC, Kool Moe Dee, Curtis Blow, etc.

Sublime - April 29,1992

They're not really old school Hip Hop - more "gansta" although I don't like that term - what about the Sugar Hill Gang, Grandmaster Flash & the Furious Five, Run DMC, Kool Moe Dee, Curtis Blow, etc.

RunDMC was one I was trying to think of. The others don't do all that much for me.

A few others I just thought of:

Cypress Hill

Everlast / Whitey Ford

Beastie Boys

RunDMC was one I was trying to think of. The others don't do all that much for me.

Is that quite possibly because you're an Aerosmith fan?

The rain (coming down sideways now), wind, and thunder. Did I mention that I should be on the driving range right now, listening to the thwack-thwack-thwack of drivers against golf balls?

Aw come on, who doesn't sing along with "My Adidas"? I'm not all that big of an Aerosmith fan.

Presently playing:

Sunny Sweeney - Refresh My Memory

Or Rob Base & DJ E-Z Rock - "It Takes Two"

Alright, you asked for it:

zipzaprap1.jpg

Currently playing:

Cross Canadian Ragweed - Brooklyn Kid

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back