julie_m

EveryoneLovesACallyGirl
Reaction score
We were talking about how many people's first albums were MJ, and I was thinking it would be fun for the forum since we have such a wide range of ages and interests.

Whether a record, CD, cassette tape, 8-track, whatever: what was the first album you bought, honestly and truly yours, with your own money? (Be honest or you're lame.)

410HV27AR4L._AA240_.jpg

My very first one - ZZ Top Afterburner. :love: that group!

ZZ_Top_-_Afterburner.jpg

Totally honest this was my first ever record:
amd_thriller.jpg

Followed by:
c38913r688q.jpg

my very first Album was AC/DC Back In Black....AWESOME!!!!!!!!!
i remember showing my mom when i got home and she said "I Dont like the names of some of those songs young man", lol (i was 12)

1. Hells Bells
2. Shoot to Thrill
3. What Do You Do For Money Honey
4. Given the Dog a Bone
5. Let Me Put My Love Into You
6. Back in Black
7. You Shook Me All Night Long
8. Have a Drink on Me
9. Shake a Leg
10. Rock and Roll Ain't Noise Pollution

ACDC+-+Back+in+Black.jpg

Last edited:
Made In Japan...Deep Purple. I had a late start on a record collection do to a lack of legal tender when I was a youngen

the+cars+candy+o.jpg

And I still listen to those songs.

I think it was this:

3346351660_ec3db665a1.jpg

The cool thing about this album is that under a black light, the black vinyl turned yellow-green, real putrid color. No other album I had did it. It had to be on purpose.

My first 5 all vinyl

1. Thriller
2. Wham
3. Neil Diamond jazz singer
4. Debbie Gibson Out of the blue
5. Tiffany

God that is just painful to look at.

My first 5 all vinyl

1. Thriller
2. Wham
5. Tiffany

Not unless you have all of them on your IPod now.

This is even crazier. I dont own an ipod and dont even listen to music. When in the car its news or sports radio.

My first 5 all vinyl

1. Thriller
2. Wham
5. Tiffany

lol, holy teeny bopper JB! hehe

my very first Album was AC/DC Back In Black....AWESOME!!!!!!!!!
i remember showing my mom when i got home and she said "I Dont like the names of some of those songs young man", lol

1. Hells Bells
2. Shoot to Thrill
3. What Do You Do For Money Honey
4. Given the Dog a Bone
5. Let Me Put My Love Into You
6. Back in Black
7. You Shook Me All Night Long
8. Have a Drink on Me
9. Shake a Leg
10. Rock and Roll Ain't Noise Pollution

ACDC+-+Back+in+Black.jpg
That's a solid. Angus Young was a monster on that SG.:good:

I give this one the edge...for me anyway...
acdc_highway_to_hell.jpg

The embarrassing part is, HE owned both Debbie Gibson and Tiffany. It was bad enough that my sister owned them and tortured me with them. :D

This is even crazier. I dont own an ipod and dont even listen to music. When in the car its news or sports radio.

wow, i think you're the only person i know without an ipod! i have 3 of them and 2 of them are full (4GB) with around 1500 songs on each of em..... funny though, cuz thats all ive been listening to lately too (talk radio)

Very true. I had the biggest crush on Debbie Gibson when I was young.

I'll admit to the crush - she was cute! But still didn't like the music.

The funny thing is, some people here might have never owned their own album! hehe

my second album...changed my life. I knew I was going to need a guitar after this one. Ha!
actualites-decembre-2006-pink-floyd.jpg

I saw Pink Floyd at Yankees Stadium in '92 or '93. Even without Roger Waters - it was a great show.

Last edited:

When I was in college, I met one of Debbie Gibson's roadies at a party when she was in town for a concert. He said she was the biggest little road-ho. I'm pretty sure he was serious.

The funny thing is, some people here might have never owned their own album! hehe

That was my thought Smalls. I am willing to bet some of them never had a tape either! How about this:
0804eighttracktape.jpg

I miss eight tracks!

My first 5 all vinyl

1. Thriller
2. Wham
5. Tiffany

Ha...I am onloy 31 and frequently get called the youngest Neil Diamond fan alive! I love him and sa him on tour in Charlotte last December. Great show, always!

The first album/casette that I ever remember owning was Bon Jovi-New Jersey

Not much of shock growing up in the Garden State I guess. My favorite album of his was Crush about 20 years later. "It's My Life!"

My first 5 all vinyl

1. Thriller
2. Wham
5. Tiffany

I have to tell you JB owning both Debbie GIbson and Tiffany was a no-no. You couldn't like both of them because they were rivals. Throw Belinda Carlisle in and full blown chick fight! (we should have a smiley for chick fight) :starwars:

Back