Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
You might try the Maxfli U3, its cheap and soft with a urethane cover. Maybe give the B330RXS a shot.

Thanks for the heads up. Thinking about the RXS, but I doubt I can find it as cheap as I'd like.

I'm looking for a winter ball. I have the B330-S but I don't compress it all that well in the cold. I want to try the e5 because I like a urethane cover, but I'll likely go where I can find a deal.
Wilson Duo comes to mind.

Wilson Duo comes to mind.

I've played that one. It's a good ball and cheap too, but I'd prefer a urethane cover and I don't think the Duo has one.

I'm looking for a winter ball. I have the B330-S but I don't compress it all that well in the cold. I want to try the e5 because I like a urethane cover, but I'll likely go where I can find a deal.

Have you looked at Walmart or EW? They both have them for 21 bucks a dozen right now here. I like the E5 in the colder weather and stocked up enough for probably 2 winters at that price.

Mashie + hybos at 44$ each... I could use two hybrids, better go try these.

Have you looked at Walmart or EW? They both have them for 21 bucks a dozen right now here. I like the E5 in the colder weather and stocked up enough for probably 2 winters at that price.

They're on RBG for $18/dozen.

Amazon perhaps?

I really like the Bridgestone xFixx for a winter ball. I normally play the 330-S and find in the winter the xFixx plays really close in terms of feel and spin to the 330-S.

Playing 18 today with kmac and playing some RFlex shovels to see if I can start hitting the ball higher. Pondering how they will go for me :)

Playing 18 today with kmac and playing some RFlex shovels to see if I can start hitting the ball higher. Pondering how they will go for me :)
Interesting change, Thainer. Looking forward to hearing how it goes for you.

what kind of sticks/shafts u got?

Still pondering a 14.5 XTD or RBZ Tour...

I played with a guy yesterday that uses the 913 D3 w/ D+ 72g stiff and he was ab-solutely bombing it! His long game is good any way, but this seemed to be an improvement for him. His previous gamer was a 910 D2 w/ Whiteboard. He's prone to hooks, so the new D3 was a big help.

I'm currently playing the 910 D3 w/ Proforce V2 66g stiff and I like it...but I'm pretty intrigued by a 913 D2 w/ S+ 72g stiff. I also have a Nike VRS w/ Oban Devotion and I like it, but for some reason have a hard time turning it over, plus I think that may be too low spin for me. My three wood is a VRS w/ Diamana Blue 83g stiff and it is absolutely perfect. What I really want is to replicate that performance with my driver, with a touch more weight than my current set up as it seems to allow me to "go for it". It seems like the 913 D2 could be just what the doctor ordered! But I REALLY don't need to buy another driver.

Hotled,
Just a thought but if you are like me everything mashie sounds like a good idea. Don't forget to look at the Cleveland mashie irons. They may be a little to much of a game improvement club for you, but may also get them relatively inexpensively at the current time. One other thing I like about them is the set has a gap wedge and a sand wedge which can be ordered separately.

I hit my 59s with X100s higher than I hit my Hogans with regular flex stock shafts. How? I have no idea... The lofts are the same and the Hogans have a lower CG.

I hit my 59s with X100s higher than I hit my Hogans with regular flex stock shafts. How? I have no idea... The lofts are the same and the Hogans have a lower CG.

More kick in the tip section?

GS has a deal that starts on Black Friday... Buy a Razr Fit Driver and get a Razr Fit Fairway wood for free... Really thinking bout pullin the trigger on this!!!! I've tried the driver and love it!!!

Pondering a pack of lessons for off the tee. It's the only phase of my game I have NO consistent confidence in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pondering a pack of lessons for off the tee. It's the only phase of my game I have NO consistent confidence in.

dude...me too! But I am not pondering, I am gonna do. I already have it lined up for the first of the year. If my tee game gets up to par I may be a deadly golfer.

I hope you guys get your tee games working. I know that if you do, both of you will start to go really low. It helped my game enormously to get some confidence on the tee box.

dude...me too! But I am not pondering, I am gonna do. I already have it lined up for the first of the year. If my tee game gets up to par I may be a deadly golfer.

I'm with you on the last part, I could really advance my game to another place if I could fix my tee game. Chatted with the pro for about 30 minutes about gear after my round trying to get him to visit THP, he was astounded I'm breaking 80 pretty consistently having never had a lesson. My caveat was I only want tee game help, I know my iron swing really well and don't want to eff with it.

RAZR Fit, 11.5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back