Most golf balls lost during a round?

sickyspider

Reaction score
Handicap
Management
Today I lost 7 balls - thank goodness I play with recycled only!

Hit 3 into water hazards - two total mishits and one resulted from trying to carry a 200 yard hazard!

Most frustratingly I lost another 4 balls on the leaf covered rough right next to the fairway! I saw 2 balls land and walked to the relevant area just off the fairway but could find nothing!

I think the most I've ever lost was 3 or 4.

I don't know. I know I lost 4 balls on the first hole once. Well, I didn't lose them, I know where they went. A big freaking pond.

I lost 6 balls once earlier this year, obviously it was one of the worst rounds of the year for me.

4 or 5... 9 holes too

I think i lost 6-7 this year at Caledonia during a practice round for the Morgan Cup. I was completely exhausted dont think i played the last 2 holes i was out of balls

I played with biggsy and AHA last year, managed to lose 14 balls.

I'd rather not speak of it again.

I think i lost 6-7 this year at Caledonia during a practice round for the Morgan Cup. I was completely exhausted dont think i played the last 2 holes i was out of balls

You only had 7 balls in the huge staff bag?

I played with biggsy and AHA last year, managed to lose 14 balls.

I'd rather not speak of it again.

winner.jpg

Reactions: SW
You only had 7 balls in the huge staff bag?

Yeah man i tend to travel light (on balls) just cleaned out that huge staff bag and i only have 9 in it and 3 of those i found last week lol

Yeah man i tend to travel light (on balls) just cleaned out that huge staff bag and i only have 9 in it and 3 of those i found last week lol

Wow, I keep at least 18 in my regular size cart bag!

Wow, I keep at least 18 in my regular size cart bag!

Would you believe since coming home from the US i haven't bought balls. We got a dozen from Callaway and WCBM gave me a dozen HEX Blacks as an engagement present, i still have 6 of them left. Just don't loose balls like i used to haha.

Sorry for getting off topic

It had to be my brother and nephew who I played with a few days ago. They pretty much cleaned out my shag balls. They must have lost 40 balls.

Lots...

Lost count at 5 balls, at hole 4. Started fully loaded, ended ultra light ;-)

Before i started taking golf serious- probably 10. After- probably 6 or 7, lol. Usually 2 or 3 at the most tho..

One game of 9 in the fall a couple years ago by hole 3 I had last 9 balls. I think my final tally was 22 balls because of leaves in the fairway. You could lose balls by putting!

For me Autumn/Fall is the worst time of the year to lose balls - blasted leaves everywhere, even on the green!

I've lost a dozen in a round before, maybe more. Usually I lose a lot in my first few rounds after winter. Mats to grass takes a few. I use found balls the first few rounds...

I have done about a dozen when I started if not more.

I once lost 17 Top Flite XL7000 golf balls in a round. I was 13 playing a fairly difficult golf course.

I once lost 17 Top Flite XL7000 golf balls in a round. I was 13 playing a fairly difficult golf course.

I've done that before. The course I play determines how many balls I lose though

'Wingin' it with Tapatalk

When i started playing i usually lost between 8 and 16 balls on a round. Now i normally loose between 0 and 4 balls on my homecourse. depends on my daily form ;)

When i started playing i usually lost between 8 and 16 balls on a round. Now i normally loose between 0 and 4 balls on my homecourse. depends on my daily form ;)

Me too. I've really
Reduced the amount of balls I lose. Last week when I played 18 I only used a sleeve of titleist test prov1x, I didn't lose more than 2

'Wingin' it with Tapatalk

When I first started playing there was a great course near me that was extremely cheap. It was an extremely tough course with water hazards everywhere. It was nothing at all for me to lose a dozen balls in a round. I would buy used balls and would still sometimes spend more on balls then I did for the greens fee. I wouldn't be surprised if I lost more than 20 in a single round.

Back