Great cleaner product for clubs

scooterguitar

Slacker and Whiner
Reaction score
Handicap
3-8perhole
My shop had a sample he gave me the other day and I have to rave about it!
Fiz Golf (dot com of course) club cleaner.
Little spray bottle that has foam and light brush on end. Fits tidy in bag. Cleans grips or heads too.

Thing is, even with new grips, when they get that annoying dirt or slick feeling on the course, not much you can do. Sure soap and water work, but takes time to dry. This stuff is great! Spray, scrub beifly, use towl to wipe off and no wetness and the tack is back! I used it several times the past few days on the course.

I ordered a bottle and one of their divot tools (has a sponge cleaner on it too I guess) off of their site, which links ya to ebay.

I'm in no way affiliated, but man...this stuff works!

Scooter,
I tried this stuff and had similar results. It worked really good. I still prefer magic eraser for the cost factor, but you are dead on.

Oh, the magic eraser non-wet works on the course as well? or? Tell me more.

No, I keep one in a ziplock in my golf bag, Just wet the grip or the eraser and rub it down. Dry with a towel. Good as new.

ahh, cool. I'll try that sometime, thanks for the tip.

One other thing about this Fiz I like, other similar things I've seen always look really cheezy it seems or basically a mini squirt bottle with a brush attached, not this. Nice and compact.

Just looked at their website. I like that their divot tool is curved for fixing ball marks the correct way. (It still annoys me to no end that Scotty Cameron is selling those Pivot Tools that are designed incorrectly - and even have a "how to" flash video showing how to use them in a way that is exactly how a ball mark SHOULDN'T be "repaired.")

I actually spoke with Titleist about this not two weeks ago and explained that it was incorrect. They disagreed. My greenskeeper at our club (which is Titleist) is going to speak with them as well.

Titleist thinks that the Pivot Tool is supposed to be used in a forward motion (in contrast to their video) or they think it's okay to fix pitch marks by leveraging the grass up from underneath?

EDIT: For those who don't know what I am talking about:
[youtube]f-ZzT8yMnmg[/youtube]

And here is the video for the Pivot Tool (it's a flash animation on the Titileist site, so I had to throw together an animated gif to post it here. Go to the Titleist site for the actual animation.)

PivotTool-1.gif

Last edited:
At home I use regular old 409 to clean my clubs. The stuff almost melts the grass & crud off. On the course I don't much unless there happens to be a club washer around which isn't very often.

They gave NO details other than "the tool was designed correctly".

No, I keep one in a ziplock in my golf bag, Just wet the grip or the eraser and rub it down. Dry with a towel. Good as new.

I never thought of that! I use the magic eraser at home, but never thought to keep one in my golf bag. The grips can get really bad from sweat and sunscreen on hands.

My putter grip (on my most used, favorite putter) seems to be getting worm out and it is only a few months old!

Koko,
They also look great to clean the irons in general. I use them everytime I clean my clubs.

Koko,
They also look great to clean the irons in general. I use them everytime I clean my clubs.

the magic eraser from mr. clean hmmm never thought about that, i'll have to give it a try this afternoon....thanks for the tip.

the magic eraser from mr. clean hmmm never thought about that, i'll have to give it a try this afternoon....thanks for the tip.

I clean golf balls with them too. Better than the ball washer.

I've never tried the magic eraser, I'll have to give it a try.

I clean my clubs after every round with windex, toothbrush, and a towel. Once a month or so I'll wash the grips (GP multicord) with dish detergent/toothbrush, rinse and towel dry.

In between grip cleanings I spray the grips with windex and pat dry. They're tacky for the next round.

pr-Housewares-Dawn_Fresh_Escapes_Concentrated_Dish_Liquid_Antibacterial_Apple_Blossom-resized200.jpg
+
dish-brush.jpg
+
wtrbucket.gif
=
smiley-face.jpg
ping+s57+irons.jpg

GB,
I think you will find that the magic eraser will do as a good a job or better and not give the brush the opp to scratch them. Although Dawn and bucket is cheaper.

Magic Eraser? Brilliant! I'm starting to think that the Magic Eraser is like duct tape with all of the potential uses for it!

Magic Eraser is clearly alien technology.

A nylon bristled brush will never scratch a metal club, nor ruin the finish.

Also - if you'll read up, a few grip manufacturers direct you to not use any harsh chemicals on their product, but most all will embrace soap and water. Winn suggests you use nothing but a dry cloth (which is the reason I refuse to buy them)

Do all of you honestly have the time for this? Geez, I'm lucky to get MYSELF shampooed every morning.

Do all of you honestly have the time for this? Geez, I'm lucky to get MYSELF shampooed every morning.

Claire - You're a working mother with two children. Look who you're dealing with here. They all have wives. :rolleyes:

In my mind, its like my car. These are expensive "toys" that we have. I take the time to take care of them. Just like washing and waxing my car each month.

Claire - You're a working mother with two children. Look who you're dealing with here. They all have wives. :rolleyes:

Not all.

Back