Official College Football Thread (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Me neither...Gene is a great coach who really prepares his team well

Sorry, couldn't type anymore with a straight face.

I am a big fan of Coach Chizik. Had the opportunity to be around him during my time at Auburn and he is absolutely a great guy. Unfortunately he learned his head coaching habits from two coaches who like to control everything about the team (Tuberville and Mack Brown) and it will cost him his job. He put his stamp on the offense the past two years and it has been abysmal. He did not let his D Coordinator do a thing, and it resulted in his defense being one of the worst in the country.

Unfortunately now, we will pull an Alabama and sell our souls to win football games, and unfortunately everything that I am hearing this morning, is that Bobby Petrino will be back on the Auburn sidelines.

I am a big fan of Coach Chizik. Had the opportunity to be around him during my time at Auburn and he is absolutely a great guy. Unfortunately he learned his head coaching habits from two coaches who like to control everything about the team (Tuberville and Mack Brown) and it will cost him his job. He put his stamp on the offense the past two years and it has been abysmal. He did not let his D Coordinator do a thing, and it resulted in his defense being one of the worst in the country.

Unfortunately now, we will pull an Alabama and sell our souls to win football games, and unfortunately everything that I am hearing this morning, is that Bobby Petrino will be back on the Auburn sidelines.

Wow. That would be surprising. Did Auburn eliminate all attractive female admins in their early 20s? You can never be too safe.

Wow. That would be surprising. Did Auburn eliminate all attractive female admins in their early 20s? You can never be too safe.

Probably hiring more for him as a sign in bonus.

Why? You like smacking around Auburn?

That is not a good thing for AU in my opinion. Hate it for all of my Auburn friends.

That is not a good thing for AU in my opinion. Hate it for all of my Auburn friends.

He is a miserable person. But if he wins football games, which he is capable of doing, few will care about his extra curricular activities in the past.

Yep, Team Meeting called for the players in Auburn this afternoon.

Didn't take long. Reports saying Chizik is gone. Probably meeting with his players to inform them.

Didn't take long. Reports saying Chizik is gone. Probably meeting with his players to inform them.

Wow would have thought they would have him finish season out

Nothing bad can happen with 19 year olds making decisions about their own future. :act-up:

I can't wait to see how Nebraska plays in the Big 10 Championship, a rose bowl birth is one heck of a prize to play for.

Ugh I can't believe I have to listen to dumb Notre Dame fans for the next 40-some days talk about going to national championship. At least when its all over they will be embarrassed. At least when they lose I read that Ohio State could get the #1 spot in the AP poll

I look forward to talking with you and mward when ND wins :)

And the AP Poll "National Championship" is meaningless...

Wow, man. Sorry to hear about your team's loss...es on the coaching front lately.

On the positive side. Tennessee fans won't have to worry about Hart making the mistake of hiring him now.

I've heard Tressel's name as a possibility for the Auburn job? Is this serious?

I've heard Tressel's name as a possibility for the Auburn job? Is this serious?
Not at all, at least not that I have heard.

Plus, he cant Coach a D-1 program for another few years due to the show-cause.

Also, it's too hot down in Alabama to wear a sweater vest during the games.

Who do you really think will be the new coach War, how about Charlie Strong, he is showing he can win and with the talent he could recruit at AU he would be a force.

Who do you really think will be the new coach War, how about Charlie Strong, he is showing he can win and with the talent he could recruit at AU he would be a force.

Not being a fanboy here but Charlie Strong has already voiced interest in the University of Tennessee if they want him.

See below...
Not being a fanboy here but Charlie Strong has already voiced interest in the University of Tennessee if they want him.

From what I have heard he had an interview with Auburn this evening.

Any chance that Auburn would go after Malzahn? After all he was the architect of the successful offense in the NC run. He is 8-3 (6-1 conference record) in his first season as a head coach. Might be a little reach, but he is someone that knows the school and has ties to the championship won there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back