Wilson staff Vintage Vault?

thehackingmurse

@mursesunited
Reaction score
I'm a huge WS fan and just saw that they are announcing something this Friday from the "Vintage Vault." Wondering if anyone from THP has any info. My bet is a new iron. Maybe compete with the rocketbladez and bring back the "reflex" technology? No clue.

481729_10151174931712675_505665057_n.jpg

Interested to see what it is but I wish they would stop trying to re-live the glory days and try to bring the brand into the future.

I liked the 2011 commercials better then the 2012.

Interested to see what it is but I wish they would stop trying to re-live the glory days and try to bring the brand into the future.

I agree. I think they are very underrated. Hopefully this brings them one step further to being relevant again.

I hope Wilson can fight back for a large market share.

It seems like they've made some great products and paid some cash for marketing. They also have some solid players, so I don't see any reason why they shouldn't be in more conversations on here.

excited to see the results

interesting. Looking forward to seeing what new-old thing they release.

Interesting...

Looking.forward.to their release.

TapAhoy!

Love me some W/S. They need to figure out how to make some noise with their woods. The irons have been pretty well received over the last 5 years.

I am really interested to see what this is going to be? Bringing back the fat shafts..?

Honestly idk

I wonder what this will be. The FG Tour V2 irons are still some of the best-looking I've ever seen.

So an update. I found this online. I've got to say I'm not that impressed if this is what all the hoopla is about. http://www.behance.net/gallery/Wilson-Staff-Vintage-Vault/5862889

I designed these three logo concepts for Wilson Staff, which is the golf division of Wilson Sporting Goods. The team eventually is going to launch a database of digital archives with Pro photographs and paraphernalia on a site called Wilson Staff Vintage Vault. I did this as an in-house contractor.

I have been thinking about this and I hope it's not a video and picture time line of past success and old clubs.

There has to be some new club out. They've been so secretive about their 2013 catalogue it's killing me because I want to upgrade my old di7's . It's about time for a "Di13"

I remember reading something about a D-100 line and getting rid of the fat shafts because of the custom fitting limitations.

I remember reading something about a D-100 line and getting rid of the fat shafts because of the custom fitting limitations.

That would be nice, I seriously pondered the Di11's but decided against mainly because of the fat shaft. I guess I felt fat shaft = fat shots :smile:

New FG blades?

New FG blades?

Their (and maybe the) most successful iron ever was the FG17. Modern remake, again?

Slicing for show and chunking for dough, because I spend too much time Tapatalking from my iPad.

Michael Vrska came over from Adams golf in 2011 and looks like he's getting rid of all the gimmicky tech of Wilson's past with the d-100 line. Just don't know they're waiting so long to announce it.

can't find it anywhere

Back