19th Hole Personal Best

J4U

Grateful
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
35.71 Miles through 4 days...If this exists elsewhere, please merge or rename with this most excellent Title :banana:

So I decided to forgo an extra nine after not completing my first 18 today. Even Kevin, one of the guys I've played before with, gave me some advice...you look tired...lol. So..I didn't play the last three holes and just walked along with them. This morning I met with my club builder at the Academy to get my lie angle checked (was supposed to do it after, but he called early in the morning to come in before). Just a few minor adjustments, but I was SORE! He made a comment that it looked like I was striking the ball well based on the face of the clubs. That made my day and confirmed what I was seeing on the course.

The reason for the intro...I made a comment to a fellow THP'r about a round I had this week and not wanting to post it before I could repeat it. I am confident that the journey is beginning, so I am posting here tonight my weeks journey:

DateMiles WalkedScorePuttsFairwaysGIR
27-Nov5.9140/43378/149
27-Nov3.0438187/77
28-Nov
5.2936/423712/1412
28-Nov2.9139187/76
29-Nov6.144/41379/1410
29-Nov2.8440207/76
29-Nov2.5442185/75
30-Nov6.8440/28288/125

Due to frost, we started on the back 9 on the 29th (the harder of the two 9's) and I played the back nine twice after the first round.

I use Swing by Swing golf app to track all my stats. It also gives me my path around the golf course. Some of you may remember me posting a live round where you could log in and watch me travel along the course...literally. It's fairly accurate, except for the occasional path that looks to be taking me into houses.

Well, today my body was trying to tell me something and could hardly finish the follow through late in the round. I got home and decided to put this together in a post and realized I had walked 35.71 miles this week during my rounds (depending on accuracy of course). I packed up on the tee box of 16 and just walked along enjoying the rest of the round with my playing partners.

I've had a fun filled week of golf and am playing another 18 in the morning to finish off the week. Will take a break until mid next week due to some jobs coming up (probably a good thing).

Here is the reason for the long winded post:

If you didn't catch it, on 11/28 I scored my personal best round EVER with a 78! I finally broke 80 and I was so excited I had to tell somebody...and I did, but decided I would post here as well:

I don't know when, but I do know that I am excited to go after a new PB! Sorry for the long post.
Have a great weekend THP!

That is awesome J4U. Congrats and I look forward to hearing more.

Man I wish I could golf a fourth as much as you! Congrats and hope you post updates throughout your journey in here. I have a feeling you are on your way to more sub 80 rounds

That is quite a lot of walking (and good scoring) J4U! Keep it up pimp!

Congrats!!!

Tapatalking on my iPhone!

Great work buddy.

Congrats on the PB! I would love to card a 78.

Congrats on the 78!

And that is a lot of miles!

That is awesome J4U. Congrats and I look forward to hearing more.

This post was for everyone to add too when they made their PB round, will do my man.

Man I wish I could golf a fourth as much as you! Congrats and hope you post updates throughout your journey in here. I have a feeling you are on your way to more sub 80 rounds
That, my home town friend, is a promise!

That is quite a lot of walking (and good scoring) J4U! Keep it up pimp!
My Pimp just bridge slapped my left neck muscle, but will do!

Congrats!!!
Thanks Brother!

Tapatalking on my iPhone!

Great work buddy.
Don't let the hard shell fool you guys, Blu is a genuine bro! Thanks Man!

Congrats on the PB! I would love to card a 78.
Erik, if you don't go below that my AC pick is going to pick up the .com before you! I'm lovin all the Morgan Cup folks and wish I could be with you, until next year...bring it to the house!

This thread is for those rounds that make you smile, frown, are totally piss&d, or just want to vent on your performance!

Shout it from the highest mountain....or for most cases, valleys and beaches. Preference is in the eye of the beholder.

Very nice dude, way to go!

No worries on the long post.....congrats on the PB. That is great stuff!

Well done with the PB of breaking 80 J...:banana:

That is awesome dude. I still remember the first round that I broke the 80 barrier. SwanLake Country Club. This will be a memory you carry forever. Congrats

I like the thread idea J4U! He does play a lot of golf jjmorris, doesn't he?! Love it! Great round and keep it up with that Amp driver! I see the Cell being added in your future!

Thx, a lot lately only because of their Fall Holiday Pass I picked up in mid Ocotober...$150 for all the golf you can get in until the end of the year. Plus a free round you can use up until April 30th of next year. Working down the average cost/game for that original up front money. Should have stopped on Thursday, can't move my neck very well today.

Bring on February, but won't make a change 'till I can use something on a regular basis.

Back