Shot of the year, 2012, THP style (Read the rules!)

Not my shot and this is possible skimmage, but I have to nominate Tyno's chip on 17 Sunday during the Morgan Cup. If people had seen how he contorted himself to hit that shot and how difficult it was even if he had a normal stance, I think he would win hands down

Not my shot and this is possible skimmage, but I have to nominate Tyno's chip on 17 Sunday during the Morgan Cup. If people had seen how he contorted himself to hit that shot and how difficult it was even if he had a normal stance, I think he would win hands down

Yeah, he already put that up! With video, I believe!

I think probably mine would be a a short PAR 4 at Lakewood CC here close to home. I was playing with some fellow THPer's. I played the fade on the drive and was in some straw and behind the bunker maybe about 70 yards out. At the time all I had was a 52* wedge, so I took it out and choked down on it. When I hit it, we didn't think that I had hit it hard enough to get over the bunker. However, it landed just over the bunker and rolled to about 1 ball from the cup for a tap in birdie!

I had two near identical shots, June 16 54 yards pitch in eagle on a 545 par 5. Oct 2, 42 yard pitch in eagle on a 316 par 4. The par 5 was probably the HOY since it had been longer between eagles on that hole than on the par 4.

My shot of the year was in September at Meadowood GC.
1st hole, 409 yards uphill, dogleg right.
The drive was decent and left me 152 yards to the pin.
I could only see the top foot of the pin due to the continuous climb uphill.
I pulled the 9 iron and hit what I felt was a pretty good shot.
When I got up to the green, I found the ball in the hole for an eagle 2.

Mine would have to be during the afternoon round on sat at the Morgan cup. 14th hole at Caledonia, myself and chunky against Hawk and Tmex. Me and chunky are in the trees on the riught and to play first. Hawk and Tmex are the middle of the fairway. 165 out chunky plays first he hits a iron out onto the fairway about 40 yards short of the green. So it's my turn and I choke down on a 3 hybrid and punch it out to 4 feet. My all time greatest shot and all caught on camera by Wareagle. Sadly we lost the hole because Hawk stuck his to 3 feet. Stupid Hawk

I holed a pitch shot from 40 yards for bird. My partner in a fourball put a reall good approach and then I hit my 56° high and soft, one in the other group said "it might be better than the previous", when she said that the ball rolled slowly towards the hole, we could not exactly see it as we were lower than the green, the ball then stopped and disappeared, I went berserk after that.

I've got 2 and they both happened at the STL Tour Van outing.

First was the putting contest. I didn't hit the putt well with the Seemore in the contest. But stepped up after with my putter on the first try and jarred it.

Second was playing in a round with JB, JeffReedMO and Bogey317. 9th hole I had a 40 footer or so, big left to right down to a lower tier. I hit the putt, thinking I hit it too hard, immediately said "Oh hit a house, hit something". The ball rolled down the hill and turned right into the center of the cup.

Best two putts of my career, so far.

My best shot resulted in my first birdie ever and only one of the season. Talon's Cove GC, #13 par 5 dogleg left 502 yds. Hit my 3-wood off the tee and ended up a little left. Had a good look at the green and hit my 3-hybrid about 225 yds to right off the fringe about 3 feet off the green, only 10 feet to the pin or so!
Couldn't hole the chip, but had a tap-in birdie. Got a pic of me and my friend, him taking his 4th shot and you can see my ball there from my 2nd!

ZgZ3e.jpg

Mine would have to be during the afternoon round on sat at the Morgan cup. 14th hole at Caledonia, myself and chunky against Hawk and Tmex. Me and chunky are in the trees on the riught and to play first. Hawk and Tmex are the middle of the fairway. 165 out chunky plays first he hits a iron out onto the fairway about 40 yards short of the green. So it's my turn and I choke down on a 3 hybrid and punch it out to 4 feet. My all time greatest shot and all caught on camera by Wareagle. Sadly we lost the hole because Hawk stuck his to 3 feet. Stupid Hawk
I figured it would be your mile long putt in your first round with your Morgan Cup putter!

I've got 2 and they both happened at the STL Tour Van outing.

First was the putting contest. I didn't hit the putt well with the Seemore in the contest. But stepped up after with my putter on the first try and jarred it.

Second was playing in a round with JB, JeffReedMO and Bogey317. 9th hole I had a 40 footer or so, big left to right down to a lower tier. I hit the putt, thinking I hit it too hard, immediately said "Oh hit a house, hit something". The ball rolled down the hill and turned right into the center of the cup.

Best two putts of my career, so far.
I vote for the second, since it was in an actual golf round, and since you are only allowed one shot of the year! :eyepoke:

Sunday, November 25th. Mirror Lake Golf & Country Club; The Lake Course. #7 Par 5. 2nd shot from 206 yards to the pin. Ball ends up in the hole for Albatross!

I've been skimming the thread, but this one has to be the winner. I think an albatross trumps an ace, because you aren't able to put your hand on the ball before the shot. Just amazing.

I've been skimming the thread, but this one has to be the winner. I think an albatross trumps an ace, because you aren't able to put your hand on the ball before the shot. Just amazing.

Actually I made this thread to just be everyone's single best shot of the year. I don't really think there is supposed to be a "winner".

My best shot of this year was on the 18th hole at my home course. It is a par 3 and from the tees it was 167 to the pin. Hole is slightly uphill so it was playing about 170. I had a 74 going into the last hole and I had never broken 80 in my life. I took a 7 iron knowing it would leave me below the hole and take any trouble over the green out of play. I got to the tee and was very nervous, had trouble gripping the club and had a 1000 thoughts running through my head. Took a deep breath and hit a perfect baby draw right to the middle of the green, 15 feet below the hole. Made for an easy 2 putt par and a 77, first time breaking 80. While I may have hit other shots closer, that 7 iron was the best shot I hit this year.

I figured it would be your mile long putt in your first round with your Morgan Cup putter!

That one is a close second. Some of my best golf memories have come from the Morgan Cup 2.0

I know which one I want to post, but I'm going to the course today to see if I can get a photo from the spot ... which I'll likely forget if I'm focused on my match or the flag is left instead of right. Either way, I'll post the story later. Wasn't an eagle or albatross, but a great & memorable save

I was struggling during a round and hit an awful drive on a long par 4. I then chunked two approach shots which left me 165 out hitting 4. I grabbed my 7 iron and hit this low piercing dart that hit in front of the green, got a kick, and tracked 30 feet to the back of the green where the ball hit the pin and fell. By far the coolest (most embarrassing) par I've ever recorded.
Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 using Board Express

I had a similar hole too, Adam. A par 3 180 yds., flubbed tee shot up 60 yds., flubbed 2nd another 60 yds., as frustrated as I was, gathered better thoughts and let's get it close now with this pitch. Make my hit with excellent contact, ball lands about 12 ft. from mid high right pin and tracks to hole..IN for par. My partner, Pete, thought he'd have a couple strokes on me since he hit green in one. That's my little shot of the year.

Hole 8 at Northview Ridge course is a risk-reward par 4. The green is drivable, but you have to hit over a lake with a 250-260 yard carry. Despite my better judgement I went for it and the ball cleared the rocks by what must have been 1/2 an inch and rolled up the green to about 10 feet from the pin. This was my best and most memorable shot of the year.

I then proceeded to 3 putt for the most disappointing par I've ever shot. FML.
Here's a lousy picture from the teebox. I'd post the picture itself but it's too big.
http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g178/rollinon18s_2006/IMG-20121201-00092.jpg

Two more days to have a shot of the year!

My shot of the year was my first ever eagle, 100 yards out on a severe downhill hole i hit a full 56* wedge to about 1 yard on the green and it rolled out about 40ft into the hole. :)

I'm gonna add another shot of the year for me. My GW into the 16th green at TPC Scottsdale with all the grandstands up was pretty awesome. I hit that thing to 6 feet and it felt amazing. Even if it was a pretty easy wedge shot.
You can add it, but you have to strikeout you other one! (It's in the rules! Only ONE! That's why it says SHOT of the year!)

You can add it, but you have to strikeout you other one! (It's in the rules! Only ONE! That's why it says SHOT of the year!)

Boo. I guess I'll keep my almost albatross as the shot of the year.

I'll have to say my shot of 2012 was down at true Blue at the invitational.

#18 with people watching, a dollar, and maybe the invitational on the line I hit my AW about 120 yards and it backed up off the small hill to the cup for a 2 foot birdie putt.

Back