2013 Morgan Cup - The Ultimate Amateur Golf Event

Status
Not open for further replies.
We'll drink coffee and play some golf, Bearded Tim. I like the sounds of that.

Can we play as an 8some with Hawk? I have a feeling the line will be long to enjoy a round with you.

Heck yea! lol - just wait until Friday afternoon. My company will look far less attractive after 8 hours on that driving range.

I like both coffee and golf, but I hope you're talking early morning coffee before golf in the 90's around 10 am.
I don't think I could drink coffee and play golf in the summer...

We'll drink coffee and play some golf, Bearded Tim. I like the sounds of that.

Heck yea! lol - just wait until Friday afternoon. My company will look far less attractive after 8 hours on that driving range.

8 hours or 8 minutes? #Hawksweat

haha, fair enough!! I have no idea what I'm in for, but I sure will enjoy a good conversation with you at some point Hawk! Being a former Cleveland/Srixon staffer, I can't wait to discuss our experiences.

I do love to talk about golf equipment! Enough about me though guys. I really do hope I'm there to see this go down.

Hawk is popular, but I hope to get in a round with as many volunteers as possible on weds and thurs (or even fri pm).

I know it is early but is anyone thinking of getting to the resort before Wednesday? I am pondering travel and I was thininking of flying in Monday or even Sunday if people would be around for rounds on Tuesday or Monday

Hawk is popular, but I hope to get in a round with as many volunteers as possible on weds and thurs (or even fri pm).

I would imagine any volunteer coming in here and 'hoping' for a round would get the same treatment. I can't wait to see the list of volunteers for this event grow, and see some local guys show up and represent my area in a big way. I'll be looking to play an early round with them first and foremost!

Last time I drove down on Tuesday and got in Tuesday night. Got 2 practice rounds in and spent some time are the short game area. Might look to do the same again this year.

I want to play with JB.......I hope he has time to play some during that week.

I want to play with JB.......I hope he has time to play some during that week.

Me too Nate. It would be my pleasure.

I want a tie breaker with JB, how about it dude? :)

We'll have to play in KC beforehand too.

Can I play with everybody at least once?

I know it is early but is anyone thinking of getting to the resort before Wednesday? I am pondering travel and I was thininking of flying in Monday or even Sunday if people would be around for rounds on Tuesday or Monday

Most people get in on Tuesday and have practice rounds on Wednesday n Thursday

Caution, Chunkyresponding and Coloneling ahead!

that's my plan. Caledonia still surprised me on a few holes. like i couldn't remember the layout at times.

You mean like the one you told me on the tee box was a dogleg right and we hit and got down there and it was a 90* dogleg left....haha Breezy hit it way left off the tee and thought he was in big trouble and it turned out he was only about 100 yards out....hahaha

I wish ai had come down early last year. Playing the courses would have helped out a lot.

that's one suggestion I would make to all the participants, if they are able to, to come down early. Last year I wasn't able to, but it would have been a nice benefit.

Yeah, I think I might even try to come in even earlier this year, maybe fly in on Monday...that way I could have some time to go to the beach and stuff one day too.

I often wonder with participants what piece of equipment they would want to get first. For me last year, I did not really care all that much, I just thought enjoyed the process and soaked up as much as I could. Others really had a preference. What piece of gear would you like to work with first if there was a choice?

Disclaimer: This is not a poll and will not affect any decisions made whatsoever

I really liked getting wedges early last year, then maybe the irons

Whoops. Have we not announced that yet?

No, you havent and I would really like to know....Please :D

Buck them greens role so true it's very easy to get your putter dialled in.

And they are nice and fast too!

Really hoping I can make my way to Myrtle Beach in July. If so, I'll be hassling people to play with me after Media Day, so don't hit too many golf balls.

Would love to get a round with you Hawk.

Can we play as an 8some with Hawk? I have a feeling the line will be long to enjoy a round with you.

Maybe we could play one of those 10 guy 9 hole eliminator events Thainer was talking about....hehehe

I am really thinking about flying in on Monday or early Tuesday right now.

You mean like the one you told me on the tee box was a dogleg right and we hit and got down there and it was a 90* dogleg left....haha Breezy hit it way left off the tee and thought he was in big trouble and it turned out he was only about 100 yards out....hahaha

yes that's the one. We lost that hole haha

That hole confused the heck out of us during a practice round too. JB, Cookie, and I were all over on the right side and thought we hit perfect shots. Chunky pulled his driver and ended up like 80 yards out.

I'm hoping a set of blades trickle out of the minds of Bridgestone for the PGA show.

Also can't stop thinking about putters and staff bags! Wouldn't mind seeing Bridgestone change it up a bit as their offerings appear to have been the same for the last several years.

I wonder who the putter company will be though?! I can't even think about who it might be. I'm doubtful of bettinardi, seemore is locked up. Rife? Machine? Scotty?

As in Cameron? I've been away for a minute but I doubt I missed the thread where SC is going to give out 8 free putters. If I did will someone please point me in the direction of said thread

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

I'm hoping a set of blades trickle out of the minds of Bridgestone for the PGA show.

Also can't stop thinking about putters and staff bags! Wouldn't mind seeing Bridgestone change it up a bit as their offerings appear to have been the same for the last several years.

I wonder who the putter company will be though?! I can't even think about who it might be. I'm doubtful of bettinardi, seemore is locked up. Rife? Machine? Scotty?

I am anxiously awaiting the putter company along with everyone else. One company I haven't seen mentioned yet that THP has had some recent reviews of is Whitlam. After the recent review by Jman I have been drooling over those putters and they sound amazing.

yes that's the one. We lost that hole haha

That hole confused the heck out of us during a practice round too. JB, Cookie, and I were all over on the right side and thought we hit perfect shots. Chunky pulled his driver and ended up like 80 yards out.

I will be going for that one next year. I did the same thing as I didn't get to play a practice round there. I think I went 6 iron 8 iron or something like that and was kind of miffed that I didn't hammer one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back