2012 Srixon Golf Ball Lineup

It seems the SL is designed similar to the B330-RX, no? Tour level performance for reduced swing speeds?
I believe they are marketed the same way.

I think I might buy some XV's to practice with around the greens. Control around the greens with my 330RX is what I liked the best about that ball.

That's quite a different ball. The XV would be more like the B330.

Trispeed is discontinued, can't find them in stores and haven't in about a year.

Srixon doesn't really have a ball that matches the RX. I'd say the SL is closer to the RXS just because it has a pretty soft cover.

Q-Star and e5 are both 2-piece, but they have very different covers.

Still have three Z-Stars and I pull them out for special holes where I know I won't lose them.

Lol confidence hawk!

I know it!

Srixon doesn't really have a ball that matches the RX. I'd say the SL is closer to the RXS just because it has a pretty soft cover.

Q-Star and e5 are both 2-piece, but they have very different covers.

I think you're onto something there Hawk, considering I just heard that exact sentiment from someone else regarding the RXS vs SL.

Regardless, I think it's very possible that a new line-up will be out for 2013 anyway.

Regardless, I think it's very possible that a new line-up will be out for 2013 anyway.

I can't wait to see how they improve upon themselves.. With TaylorMade going a bit hex, and the Bridgestone dual dimple design, I have to think that yet another solid change is on the horizon, this time with Srixon!

I was thinking about that and it is the reason I did not purchase several different variations. I think the Q-Star will make a great winter ball for me and I will reassess when/if the lineup changes for 2013.

I thought introducing the SL was a good step for them last year, but I'm not sure they went far enough with marketing it for it to be viable going forward.

I was thinking about that and it is the reason I did not purchase several different variations. I think the Q-Star will make a great winter ball for me and I will reassess when/if the lineup changes for 2013.

I'm hoping for the same thing, although I have to think my winter is going to be a touch more aggressive than yours haha!

Nothing worse than playing a 100mph+ ball in 35* here!! Q Stars should do nicely for me!

Picked up a sleeve of the soft feels this afternoon. Gonna see what they are like.

I agree but I think the XV feels better off the wedges than the Black does

I feel the opposite. I like the Blacks off of my wedges and putter much more, the XVs feel a little harder with those clubs. However, that hardness feels great off of my driver and long hybrids.

Love the qstar. Picked some up and got them personalized for a buddy of mine as a thank you/Christmas present!

Picked up a sleeve of the soft feels this afternoon. Gonna see what they are like.

Let me know. I have seen them on sale numerous time and have thought about getting some. I'd like to know a comparison!

I have had very limited success with the Soft Feel, just didnt have much spin on iron shots or around the greens. Reminded me alot of the Nike Power distance soft.

Took my xv's out for a spin for my last round. And i think i'm just a head case because i could not hit this ball well. I went on rotation with my bridgestone Mystery Pack (see forum topics), Penta TP5 (my usual) and the XV. And i could not get used to the feel. Just felt really hard going through the ball. Hard to tell spin performance as the grounds were pretty solid from the weather up around here (didn't get much from my usual balls). Hopefully i can get used to the feel, as i bought 3 dozen of these on sale...blargh.

I'm kind of sad to see the AD333 go. It was a very good ball for control off of the driver.

Great idea with the junior ball. Any other brands make them?

Back