Official College Football Thread (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Come on, now. Alabama doesn't rebuild. They oversign, manage the previous years roster, get rid of players with medical hardships that don't live up to expectation and then reload. Fact.
That is called being processed...a'iight?

Let's just hope that Saban goes to the NFL and Bama loses every player before next year, because they open the season with us. We are gonna get stomped.

Let's just hope that Saban goes to the NFL and Bama loses every player before next year, because they open the season with us. We are gonna get stomped.

Saban has every person that's not an Auburn fan in Alabama wrapped around his little finger. His ego is being stroked to no end by the media. Why would he leave the SEC for an NFL job? He makes more at Bama than he would in the NFL.

Saban has every person that's not an Auburn fan in Alabama wrapped around his little finger. His ego is being stroked to no end by the media. Why would he leave the SEC for an NFL job? He makes more at Bama than he would in the NFL.

With some coaches I think you worry about them leaving for another "challenge." But, Saban is a little older now and I honestly think he's a little different than he was, say, four years ago. I don't know if it's faith, the tornado, or what, but remember when we won the national title in 2009 and he looked mad that he got gatorade poured on him (and in his defense, possibly hit with the cooler)? Now when he wins, he seems happier. He seems to say, hey, lets enjoy this for a minute.

I think he's comfortable and I don't see him going anywhere. He came into a historic program who was struggling with mediocrity, maybe even less than that, and put them back on top in a big way. I could see him settling down and hanging around for a while, a la Bowden, Paterno, Bryant.

With some coaches I think you worry about them leaving for another "challenge." But, Saban is a little older now and I honestly think he's a little different than he was, say, four years ago. I don't know if it's faith, the tornado, or what, but remember when we won the national title in 2009 and he looked mad that he got gatorade poured on him (and in his defense, possibly hit with the cooler)? Now when he wins, he seems happier. He seems to say, hey, lets enjoy this for a minute.

I think he's comfortable and I don't see him going anywhere. He came into a historic program who was struggling with mediocrity, maybe even less than that, and put them back on top in a big way. I could see him settling down and hanging around for a while, a la Bowden, Paterno, Bryant.

Maybe he wants a Saban statue standing tall next to the Bear's?

I'm with you. ND deserves to be there because of their record. But I honestly believe that the pompous $?!£heads need to beef up their schedule if they ever want to be taken seriously once they're in the championship.
This has to be a joke? Notre Dame started the season as one of the top toughest schedules. Do you want them to change the schedule midseason because some of the schools are having an off year? Or perhaps they should take a note from alabama, and play teams like 1-10 west carolina, western kentucky, 3-9 florida atlantic, 4-8 arkansas, 6-6 ole miss 5-7 missouri, 5-7 tennessee,or 3-9 auburn.

nds opponents with a losing season:2
bama opponents with a losing season:6

Come on, now. Alabama doesn't rebuild. They oversign, manage the previous years roster, get rid of players with medical hardships that don't live up to expectation and then reload. Fact.

Saban has not done things that are in violation of the rules. If the rules have not been established, then yes, he will push the boundaries until there are rules.

Have you seen though that Georgia currently has 30 commitments and is recruiting more??

Maybe he wants a Saban statue standing tall next to the Bear's?

Surely you know that we have already built the Saban stature after the first title. :act-up:

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2011/04/nick_sabans_statue_unveiled_sy.html

This has to be a joke? Notre Dame started the season as one of the top toughest schedules. Do you want them to change the schedule midseason because some of the schools are having an off year? Or perhaps they should take a note from alabama, and play teams like 1-10 west carolina, western kentucky, 3-9 florida atlantic, 4-8 arkansas, 6-6 ole miss 5-7 missouri, 5-7 tennessee,or 3-9 auburn.

I give you the first three. The last five though? Come on. They have $h!tty records because they played good teams. Notre Dame opponents were a bit better why? Because they played marshmallows as well.

Saban has not done things that are in violation of the rules. If the rules have not been established, then yes, he will push the boundaries until there are rules.

Have you seen though that Georgia currently has 30 commitments and is recruiting more??

Donne, we have only signed one class of 25 in the last 5 years, we are terribly underhanded right now with less than 68 recruited scholarship players on roster. Something like 7 or 8 are enrolling early and counting against last year even though we did not have the benefit of them being on campus this year. I really wish we had more linemen on scholarship on each side of the ball, we certainly could have used some reserves Saturday night to spell the lines.

Surely you know that we have already built the Saban stature after the first title. :act-up:

Yeah, but he said maybe Saban wants a statue "standing tall" next to Bear's. I think he means maybe he wants one larger than life!

Ever listen to "College Football Playbook" on SiriusXM? Saban does a weekly interview with Jack Arute. He said a few weeks ago that when fan expectations become too unrealistic, it will be time for him to go. So, I figure, next time he fails to win a championship, its Adios!

Donne, we have only signed one class of 25 in the last 5 years, we are terribly underhanded right now with less than 68 recruited scholarship players on roster. Something like 7 or 8 are enrolling early and counting against last year even though we did not have the benefit of them being on campus this year. I really wish we had more linemen on scholarship on each side of the ball, we certainly could have used some reserves Saturday night to spell the lines.

I don't have any problem with what Georgia is doing, I just get sick of the assumption that Alabama is the only one who is doing things within the letter (but maybe not the spirit) of the rules. I mean, the SEC put oversigning rules in place because Ole Miss signed like 38 players one year.

Yeah, but he said maybe Saban wants a statue "standing tall" next to Bear's. I think he means maybe he wants one larger than life!

Ever listen to "College Football Playbook" on SiriusXM? Saban does a weekly interview with Jack Arute. He said a few weeks ago that when fan expectations become too unrealistic, it will be time for him to go. So, I figure, next time he fails to win a championship, its Adios!

I actually don't expect for Saban to stay more than a couple more years (5 max) before he calls it a career and retires. I think he's going to get bored with just sustaining success versus the building process which he has said he enjoys more. If he left after this season, I would gladly thank him for restoring us to the championship conversation and wish him well.

I give you the first three. The last five though? Come on. They have $h!tty records because they played good teams. Notre Dame opponents were a bit better why? Because they played marshmallows as well.
They played good teams? auburn, and arkansas were terrible and didnt play enough ranked teams to make that an acceptable season. The sec only plays sec teams mostly, Notre dame goes all over the country playing teams from all different conferences and has proved they can go everywhere and win. Not to mention 10-12 of the games they played this year are pretty big rivalries. Who has alabama beat that is good and isnt an sec team? the one team that has already beat them is really a big 12 team. I personally believe that lsu and georgia are better teams this year. Unfortunately decisions by the coaching staff effected the out comes of both games.

They played good teams? auburn, and arkansas were terrible and didnt play enough ranked teams to make that an acceptable season. The sec only plays sec teams mostly, Notre dame goes all over the country playing teams from all different conferences and has proved they can go everywhere and win. Not to mention 10-12 of the games they played this year are pretty big rivalries. Who has alabama beat that is good and isnt an sec team? the one team that has already beat them is really a big 12 team. I personally believe that lsu and georgia are better teams this year. Unfortunately decisions by the coaching staff effected the out comes of both games.

You think Bama is overrated and I think the same of ND. Neither of us are gonna change our minds so we'll just let the NC game make the decision for us.

FWIW, I LOATHE Alabama. I just double loathe Notre Dame.

Not everywhere....They didn't go to the SEC and win.

The last bolded is no different than someone saying Pitt is a better team this year than Notre Dame (and they were terrible) but the refs did not agree. Or that a USC team with a backup QB is a better team this year (but a bad coaching decision [goal line play calling] cost them the win.

A team can go all over the country and still play average football teams. Its not as if they went to the ACC and played the best, they played Wake Forrest. People can find flaws in both teams schedules, but the comparison between the two is not really there. One team played top 10 talent and the other didnt. That says all anybody needs to know. Who wins? Who knows, but to think because one team travels to play mediocre teams and the other team stays home and plays top teams is not a fair argument really. Its only Notre Dame's fault for believing that they are better than conference football, and if they get whacked in the BCS, you won't see them there for a long while again.

Jrod is wise

To be fair tOSU could've gone 0-12 this year and would've still been ranked top 10 at the beginning of next year's polls... IMO

What you're obviously forgetting is that a team in the SEC with a losing record is still a top-15 team -- so sayeth the authority at ESPN.

(By the way, I'm still waiting on ESPN to do countless interest pieces for Teo and Klein like they did for Manziel to promote him for heisman.)

What you're obviously forgetting is that a team in the SEC with a losing record is still a top-15 team -- so sayeth the authority at ESPN.

(By the way, I'm still waiting on ESPN to do countless interest pieces for Teo and Klein like they did for Manziel to promote him for heisman.)

And you call yourself a southerner... Where is your blind love of all that is SEC?!?! Nobody else deserves recognition for a heisman trophy if they chose not to come to the SEC! I kid, of course. I kid.

Im really confused by this post. You talk of Notre Dame playing teams "all over" and 10 of 12 are rivalry games. Then you talk of how they cannot change their schedule each week and its not their fault teams are not that good this year. But then put down Bama's schedule for Arkansas, Auburn, TN, etc...These are teams that year in and year out are tough opponents. Clearly not as tough normally as Wake Forrest, BC, Navy, Pitt, etc...But tough nonetheless. :D

And you call yourself a southerner... Where is your blind love of all that is SEC?!?! Nobody else deserves recognition for a heisman trophy if they chose not to come to the SEC! I kid, of course. I kid.

As a UGA alum/fan, I've been waiting for my "SEC" prize for the last six years -- still haven't seen it. But, I do enjoy watching/listening to the ESPN pundits try to hype "marque" SEC matchups like Vandy v. Ole Miss. (That seriously happened on ESPN radio this season.)

As a UGA alum/fan, I've been waiting for my "SEC" prize for the last six years -- still haven't seen it. But, I do enjoy watching/listening to the ESPN pundits try to hype "marque" SEC matchups like Vandy v. Ole Miss. (That seriously happened on ESPN radio this season.)

Vandy has slowly been getting better over the years. Still a bottom dweller in the SEC, but still not a terrible team. Well, not as terrible as they were. They will continue to improve in the coming years I think. And I don't say that only because I'm a Tennessee fan.

That was hysterical. To me its no different than any other however. I love how every year my ACC school gets told "this is the year" by the local writers and websites. It has not been the year for my school in over a decade and wont for a while longer until they find a QB. The flipside of that is listening to Lou Holtz tell the viewers that the runner was not in because Notre Dame has not allowed a rushing TD yet. (he actually said this). The hype around this is fascinating, but truth be told I did not expect Bama to be this good this year (they lost a lot to the draft) and find ND's schedule average at best. Sure they beat teams, but can you call beating USC with when they did the same as beating USC with their starting QB? Of course the "stats" dont see that and just see beating a ranked team.

Its been an odd year in college football. Craziest since the year USF was ranked #2 and we had a different #2 for like 6 straight weeks for a stretch. I could see Notre Dame beating Alabama. It could happen this year and if there was a year to have a down team win, it would be this one. Will it happen? Who knows, but rumor has it, Lou Holtz is already polishing up the marbles in his mouth to tell us that this team is the greatest since he was coaching.

That was hysterical. To me its no different than any other however. I love how every year my ACC school gets told "this is the year" by the local writers and websites. It has not been the year for my school in over a decade and wont for a while longer until they find a QB. The flipside of that is listening to Lou Holtz tell the viewers that the runner was not in because Notre Dame has not allowed a rushing TD yet. (he actually said this). The hype around this is fascinating, but truth be told I did not expect Bama to be this good this year (they lost a lot to the draft) and find ND's schedule average at best. Sure they beat teams, but can you call beating USC with when they did the same as beating USC with their starting QB? Of course the "stats" dont see that and just see beating a ranked team.

Its been an odd year in college football. Craziest since the year USF was ranked #2 and we had a different #2 for like 6 straight weeks for a stretch. I could see Notre Dame beating Alabama. It could happen this year and if there was a year to have a down team win, it would be this one. Will it happen? Who knows, but rumor has it, Lou Holtz is already polishing up the marbles in his mouth to tell us that this team is the greatest since he was coaching.

Lou Holtz says that ND wins the NC game because they've won all their other games this year.

I just read over last night's banter.

Football Fans are awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back