Cleveland Classic XL - Sneek Peek

I really like the black and white color, I wasn't too big of a fan of the the cinnamon brown one

I'm assuming its ok to post this as the XL has been unearthed...

24cv0p2.jpg

well maybe the best of both worlds with those color combos

With one saying custom and one saying 285, I wonder if the custom will have even more color options!

I wish Cleveland would get rid off the "classic" series as their flagship line. I get it, the 588s were awesome and a true classic. But look at what Callaway recently underwent and what Taylormade is doing. Flashy stuff simply gets more attention. Also I don't like the idea of an adjustable driver under the classic name.

That "Custom" writing seems the same as the writing on last years custom wedges.. Could it be possible that "mycustomdriver.com" will be born?!?!?!

...that's it, I've risen to level 'stupid' on the excited meter.

I wish Cleveland would get rid off the "classic" series as their flagship line. I get it, the 588s were awesome and a true classic. But look at what Callaway recently underwent and what Taylormade is doing. Flashy stuff simply gets more attention. Also I don't like the idea of an adjustable driver under the classic name.

I guess I see where you're coming from with some of this, but the Classic line is getting more attention than any Cleveland driver I remember. They've got pros playing them and they're instantly recognizable on TV. Doesn't hurt that it's a bomber either. Is it R11 successful? Nope, but it's generated a good amount of buzz (my opinion).

That "Custom" writing seems the same as the writing on last years custom wedges.. Could it be possible that "mycustomdriver.com" will be born?!?!?!

That would be silly awesome! And probably silly expensive.

That would be silly awesome! And probably silly expensive.

Hmm.. THAT much more? Probably no different from the uDesign vs Razr Fit from Callaway if I had to guess..

Oh man, the possibilities!

I actually disagree completely, I really think its brilliant to ride that namesake.

I guess I see where you're coming from with some of this, but the Classic line is getting more attention than any Cleveland driver I remember. They've got pros playing them and they're instantly recognizable on TV. Doesn't hurt that it's a bomber either. Is it R11 successful? Nope, but it's generated a good amount of buzz (my opinion).
I love the performance. I think most of it boils down to that I'm just not a fan of the classic themed looks.

Hmm.. THAT much more? Probably no different from the uDesign vs Razr Fit from Callaway if I had to guess..

Oh man, the possibilities!

I'm just going off of what I always ended up with off of mycustomwedge. You're probably right though. It certainly wouldn't stop me if I hit it as well as my Classic. Interchangeable shafts FTW!

I'm just going off of what I always ended up with off of mycustomwedge. You're probably right though. It certainly wouldn't stop me if I hit it as well as my Classic. Interchangeable shafts FTW!

Aside from taking it to a black head, one of the best things I've seen today dude! Love the adjustability factor! Love that I can tinker with shafts too!

I love the performance. I think most of it boils down to that I'm just not a fan of the classic themed looks.

10-4. I can definitely understand that. I've gotten mixed reactions. Seems that a lot like it but the reddish brown with the big gold face is definitely not for everyone.

FWIW, the domain name mycustomdriver.com was reserved back in February of this year. Company and registrant details are blocked though.

Aside from taking it to a black head, one of the best things I've seen today dude! Love the adjustability factor! Love that I can tinker with shafts too!

It would be sweet if you could mess with the colors a bit. Also even better if it's flat black.

Ok paint is paint, the shaft selection is what I'm most interested it. But for the record this years classic is one good looking driver at setup. I love to hit this club, so does youngbuck for that matter.

Ok paint is paint, the shaft selection is what I'm most interested it. But for the record this years classic is one good looking driver at setup. I love to hit this club, so does youngbuck for that matter.

You better keep a short leash on that thing my friend! I know first hand, they find themselves QUICKLY in other family members golfbags!

You better keep a short leash on that thing my friend! I know first hand, they find themselves QUICKLY in other family members golfbags!
I'm working on finding him his own, or I could wait to see if I want to let this baby hunt come spring

I do like the offerings Cleveland has put out lately, I look forward to hitting the Classic XL. Hopefully before the outing.

FWIW, the domain name mycustomdriver.com was reserved back in February of this year. Company and registrant details are blocked though.

That's awesome right there. Nothing I had seen, heard, or thought of. IF TRUE, would be exceptionally cool!

I love my classic... Part of the love is the persimmon look... The other is how forgiving it is. If this is near as forgiving as my current driver, I'll sacrifice the styling for the performance.

I love my classic... Part of the love is the persimmon look... The other is how forgiving it is. If this is near as forgiving as my current driver, I'll sacrifice the styling for the performance.

I expect this to be marketed as more forgiveness with a larger sweet spot. Definitely not just a styling change.

Back