world record being attempted in Lewiston ID

Wow, that's playing more golf than some people play in years and years of golf. My hat goes off to em' but I like to enjoy my golf, it's like eating contests.

An awful lot of golf. Wonder what his average score was.

I think this is cool in the fact that its golf related but mostly for the benefit of the charity. I don't think I'd be able to try... my hands are weak as it is and 2052 holes in a week? UFF... AND he's making birdies!!!!!

Thanks for the link. Very cool.

Here is a pic of his hand after the rounds.

4e1162d2cd3e3.image.jpg

This link contains several pictures of Bonnalie.
http://lmtribune.com/sports/image_57979b70-97ba-5e36-8b19-80da64452e02.html

Wow, that's a lot of golf. Congrats to him, quite a feat. The hands will heal like he said!

Man, this guy is gonna be sore for a week after this! Good for him for setting a crazy goal and going for it.

That is absolutely WAY too much golf. The fun had to have been out of it for him after the first couple of days. I don't think I could do something like that without a lot of preparation first. Good for him staying true to his goal and sticking it out until the end. All in all it was done for a good cause and that's what matters in the end.

very cool!

Wow! Endurance golf taken to a new level! Impressive!

Good on him. That really is one hell of an endurance feat.

If the reports of number of birdies (491 in 2000) is correct, that is roughly a 25% hit rate. This guy is not your average golfer in the ability stakes.

sent using Tapatalk for Android

Hello,
One of my friends was surfing this site and told me about this thread. My name is Geno and I am the one who completed this record last year. I was really happy to see some of the nice things people said. Thank you all. Here is a little info about the record: I played exactly 2000 holes. I had about 1 more hour of daylight, but I was hurting pretty bad. I thought 2000 sounded like a cool number to stop on. In hindsight, I wish I would have played more. It was tough to stay motivated after I broke the 1850 mark (old record). I played the course from 6025 yards (had to be at least 6000 to count). I averaged 53 min per round (this includes the time in between rounds). My fastest round was 44 min. My highest score was 87, which was followed by my lowest score of 64 (with an OB). I ended up making 493 birdies on the week. And found out later I set the world record for most birdies in 12 hours...67. They gave me that record too. I ended up raising about $15,000 for my cousins disease (Cystinosis). I'd be happy to answer any questions anyone has. Thank you again for the kind words.

Hello,
One of my friends was surfing this site and told me about this thread. My name is Geno and I am the one who completed this record last year. I was really happy to see some of the nice things people said. Thank you all. Here is a little info about the record: I played exactly 2000 holes. I had about 1 more hour of daylight, but I was hurting pretty bad. I thought 2000 sounded like a cool number to stop on. In hindsight, I wish I would have played more. It was tough to stay motivated after I broke the 1850 mark (old record). I played the course from 6025 yards (had to be at least 6000 to count). I averaged 53 min per round (this includes the time in between rounds). My fastest round was 44 min. My highest score was 87, which was followed by my lowest score of 64 (with an OB). I ended up making 493 birdies on the week. And found out later I set the world record for most birdies in 12 hours...67. They gave me that record too. I ended up raising about $15,000 for my cousins disease (Cystinosis). I'd be happy to answer any questions anyone has. Thank you again for the kind words.

Dang, dude....that's a hell of an accomplishment! Congrats on some seriously good scoring too!

That is an awesome feat, and what makes it even better is that you didn't do it for selfish reasons, you did it for someone else. Outstanding!!

Hello,

That is fantastic dude. Nice!

That's awesome! Glad you found this site. That is an impressive feat to say the least.

Absolutely outstanding showing.

Yes, great scoring even if you weren't trying to play fast and furious. Well done. :D

Back