Pro Mental Coach Review - Forum Testing

Goo sorry to hear about the accident but glad to have you back. Ive got a writeup coming today once I get my butt off the couch

I want to thank our testers for putting this product through its paces. The official testing is now concluded. Feel free to continue to add information as you test out the software.

Playing with THPers is always fun. Always full of laughs. Always difficult for me to hold my focus and concentrate on hitting good golf shots. I tend to have more blowup holes for some reason. This software is supposed to be able to help me deal with that. Saturday was the first test for this. I did not do well. As always I just wanted to hang out and have fun. I did hit some good shots, but I didn't focus like I could have. Some examples

The course was not an even course. The fairways had lots of undulations. Well I hit a good drive and my ball was on a bit of a downslope. I did remember to lean forward a bit to compensate. Ball came off a little low and right. Not knowing that a water hazard was a little right cost me on that one. It was not a bad shot. Maybe 5 yards right of where I was aiming. A few holes later the same thing happened. A few holes after that it happened again. You would think I would have compensated at some point. No focus

The gathering train of blow up holes left the station. I don't have the scorecard in front of me, but I know it happened. During a round I tend to completely lose focus and have a stretch of horrific holes. This happened Saturday. It was right around mid round and I believe it was hole 9. I had mostly pars at that point and was playing halfway decent. I threw up a 6. I did nothing to try and regain focus and the next 3-4 holes were awful. I just paid no attention to what I was doing and it absolutely cost me a good round. I was probably 6 or 7 over in a 4 hole stretch.

Stepping away from a shot that you know is going to be bad simply because of your setup. I did not do this on a water hole and plunked one. Water to the right on a par 3. I generally play a little draw but on Saturday I did not really have it going. It was mainly a straight shot. So on this par 3 I told myself to not aim right(at the water) and instead aim left and hope for the straight shot. Well I take my stance and the thought creeps in that my feet look like they are aimed at the water. I don't step away and I hit a straight shot into the water. A triple ensues.

Stupid mental mistakes. I think this software is supposed to help in eliminating those. Well I reverted back on Saturday and it was not pretty. I could have had a nice round that day. We played it from the white tees which played ridiculously short. I mean I am no long knocker and had 2 eagle putts. My concentration on those putts was incredible as I 3 putted each to par. I had a great time but I really need to be able to have a great time and yet still concentrate on my shots. A work in progress

Bumping this thread up for JT. I really think that this program will benefit you. Wanting to impress will lead to a bad day. Working this program SHOULD get you to a point of having no bad thoughts leading into the swing. I'm still working on that and it has been surprisingly difficult.

After reading JT's post and the responses I decided as a young, tempered golfer I could really benefit from this. Read through here and the site and got excited and was about to put it on the Christmas list until I saw the price... I was expecting like 40$ not 140$. Dang, this is just to expensive too try.

The price is prohibitive. Get someone else to go in and I think it comes out to 80-90 though

The price is prohibitive. Get someone else to go in and I think it comes out to 80-90 though
Not sure what you mean? As in buy it and have a buddy buy an extra license and split the cost?

You can give a code to someone and they can get the software for $30 I think. Just split the costs of each

Thanks Chunky. I'm definitely looking into this right now. Going into serious ponder mode right now.

It took me a couple days to get through this thread, but am glad I took the time to read. This will definitely be something I do this Winter. If anyone else is interested, let me know and we can save money by getting the download version as well.

Quick post to mention it's worth it! I have more thoughts but I'm on the way back to KC. I've been doing this religiously still and I am seeing the benefits

TapaTalk from the iPhone

Question for those of you that were testing this out.....

Do you really think it's made a difference on the course....not just attitude, but on your scorecard? And if so, how much and why?

Thanks for a solid testing...it's really got me in ponder mode.

Do you really think it's made a difference on the course....not just attitude, but on your scorecard? And if so, how much and why?

Tim, I am back to answer this for you.

I think it has made a difference on my scorecard, but it is because of my attitude/focus. For me, when I used to start going bad on the course, I would let it effect me in a very negative way and then my scores would continue to go up and up. Now, I am able to recover from a bad shot/hole and I don't see this same increase in scores. I tracked my last 10 rounds at Heartland since I started using this thing and my average is an 83. That is much lower than my average beforehand at Heartland which was an 86. I guess you can say the average difference is 3 strokes, but I feel like I have the confidence that I am going to execute every shot, and that is priceless to me

Last edited:

TBT,
When i was using it and the few rounds i had while using the software i did notice a difference. on my scorecard...eh. as for my overall feeling of my round and enjoying it more...without a doubt, mostly because of how the software gets you to click in and out of focus while playing...lets you enjoy the time outside of each shot more i feel. (can't really describe it i guess) hope this helps
-Gio

It helps if you can remember to use it. I did that for one round and I really did feel a difference especially after a bad hole. But there is a level of concentration that you need to stick to. I did not do it at Bears Best and I did not play well, with a few blow up holes

It helps if you can remember to use it. I did that for one round and I really did feel a difference especially after a bad hole. But there is a level of concentration that you need to stick to. I did not do it at Bears Best and I did not play well, with a few blow up holes

It's hard to concentrate with a migraine Chunky.

Out of curiosity, is there any kind of THP discount available on the retail product? Just checking...

Out of curiosity, is there any kind of THP discount available on the retail product? Just checking...

You could split it with someone and get a decent discount. I think you'd really enjoy it

TapaTalk from the iPhone

Just wondering how many of you have been using this constantly or somewhat the last couple weeks? Trying to dictate how hard it would be to keep motivation up using this product on a consistent basis of I was to purchase it?

Just wondering how many of you have been using this constantly or somewhat the last couple weeks? Trying to dictate how hard it would be to keep motivation up using this product on a consistent basis of I was to purchase it?

I still use it 2-3 times per week. I like doing it the night before and morning before a round too.

I find myself starting and stopping it. I really think you need to be someone with sticktoitedness

I find myself starting and stopping it. I really think you need to be someone with sticktoitedness

should I throw this on my wish list Mr CL?

I think you would do well with it dude

i'm looking to start this back up in january to get ready for spring. besides, then at least i'm THINKING about golf when it's sub 30* out... #hatewinter

Nursing this back injury and with the inevitable couple months of bad weather preventing me from playing, I finally decided to commit to this and just did the first day training. A lot has been touched on in the previous posts, so I'll try to give a few new points:

- My experience is probably typical. I play my best golf when I'm relaxed, focused and able to accept bad shots without getting bent out of shape. In fact, my best golf this season was when I didn't care how I shot. Lately, my game has suffered because I get frustrated I'm not playing as well as I did in the past. This program tells you pretty quickly that you can't let the past dictate your future performance, good or bad. I also don't handle bad shots all that well most of the time, which usually snowballs into more bad shots, etc. I'm all for a program that will help block out bad shots or other thoughts and focus on performance.

- The self assessment was pretty sobering. You have to grade yourself on how well you respond to mistakes, distractions, etc., as well as how successful you are in controlling and executing your game on the course. It made me realize that there is a lot going on out there and how I've been handling tough situations could be better. After the initial test, apparently my self perception was pretty accurate; meaning I could use a lot of help here.

- I ended up at 53%, which was just above average on the initial assessment stuff. Seems about right.

- There was a tutorial about focusing prior to doing the exercises that I liked a lot. You basically spent a few minutes emptying your mind and focusing on your breathing, which was relaxing and enabled me to focus even more.

- It looks like my first training exercises were different than others. I started out with the ball/letter exercise, the driving range, the lucky ball and the driving range shop. The driving range exercise was both visual and audio and was the toughest for me. I ended up scoring 92 - 98% for all the exercises, so the program recommended I go up to intermediate. I'm not sure about that yet.

- Generally, I found the exercises helpful. But, I'm a little cautious at this point. Will these exercises translate to the course? Sure I can focus on a computer screen and can block out obstructions in the program and click my mouse when appropriate, but will it help when you're dealing with the physical components of swinging the club and the external factors you otherwise face on the course? We shall see.

- Thus far, this is what I was hoping for; a program that allows you to exercise your brain in ways that will help you perform better on the course and likely in other aspects as well. Mental exercises are certainly overlooked by most amateurs, so it's nice that there is something so comprehensive to help/train you in this regard. The exercises are engaging and I like what I see thus far.

Will keep everyone posted on how things go. There's a schedule I'll be following regularly and with a trip to CA in the next couple weeks, I'll have an early opportunity to see if there are any changes.

Back