TaylorMade RocketBladez - Review Thread

I think they'd fit a pretty wide range. I'm not big on tying irons to handicaps. I think they offer enough forgiveness that higher handicaps could easily play them.

Agreed, and they are a good club that a higher handicapper who looking to improve won't outgrow these clubs. I'm close to being a single digit handicapper that used to play TP irons and I am absolutely loving them so far. First round with them will come tomorrow!

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 2

Makes sense. To confirm though, do you think they both are equally forgiving? Or do the bladez give you a bit more? Also, you are not using the rocketfuel shafts are you?

For me it's been similar in the 8-P scoring irons but the Bladez seem moreso in the 4-7 long irons.

No sir, I've got KBS Tours in my set.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ahhh yes. One thing I thought I'd add. The slot collects the mud. It cleans up very easily, but you can see what I'm talking about here:

20121206_145610-L.jpg

Good to see you pumped after a good rd w/ the bladez Hawk! I can't wait for Saturday!

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

I know someone was hitting the rocketfuel shaft. With my slow swing speed, I kind of liked it on the demo. It felt closer to a graphite, but with better feedback.

Thanks again for the advice and feedback!!!

This is one of the better forums I have found.

Good to see you pumped after a good rd w/ the bladez Hawk! I can't wait for Saturday!

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

I can only imagine how excited you are. I think you're in for a treat.

I know someone was hitting the rocketfuel shaft. With my slow swing speed, I kind of liked it on the demo. It felt closer to a graphite, but with better feedback.

Glad to have you :D

Me and the other 3 testers that were recently chosen are all gaming the rocketfuel shaft (stiff flex)

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 2

Makes sense. To confirm though, do you think they both are equally forgiving? Or do the bladez give you a bit more? Also, you are not using the rocketfuel shafts are you?

Maybe 5 separate times over the past several months I've grabbed the i20 7 iron demo after hitting a bucket of balls with my own clubs. I have a connection that allows me to get Pings...I'll leave it at that...so I have a certain incentive to go that way. Plus, the reviews just raved about them. Well, I found the 7i surprisingly not so easy to hit. I was hitting them much thinner than I'd ever expect. If I really focused on getting down through the ball they felt great. But it took an exaggerated effort.

Fast forward to the Bladez. Right out of the gate they are very easy to hit, go high and far and have a tight dispersion. From my small sample size I think the Bladez are easier to play. The Bladez are more forgiving on balls hit thin.

I understand about wanting to grow into clubs. But don't forget about having fun and enjoying the game right now, too.

this thread was forwarded to my pops, he has a set ordered as of yesterday. on his behalf, thank you to all the testers...he hit them at golf galaxy yesterday and was getting a full club to a club and a half greater distance per club and was getting better dispersion with the bladez. once he gets to the range with em, i'll be sure to throw somethin up here about his experiences. yet another example of how THP extends beyond just the members registered...

This is awesome! Congrats to your dad and thanks for the kind words.

For what it's worth, I don't believe in 'growing into clubs' either. I think you find a set you like, have confidence in, hit well, etc, and go from there. More often that not, that leads to people being unhappy and buying more new clubs. Not to say the i20's aren't the right set - I'd just look at the present rather than the future, whatever set that may be.

Getting these new testers in on this has been awesome. You guys are throwing in some awesome data and some great thoughts so far. The post I quote here sums up why I love being involved in testing. That is what it's all about right there!! Keep up the great work. I can't wait for this simulator place to open up near my work, I crave some raw data launch monitor numbers on these irons!

Thanks!

Thanks again for all the help. I kind of feel a bit of a sales push with gtec too. I doubt they are getting the commission from the just released stuff. Not tom mention, greatgolfdeals is a couple hundred cheaper. Not sure if any other sites are recomended from here.

So The proshop found the Invoice today so i got my irons all i have to say is WoW
These irons are super easy to launch they hit high long bombs the sound when you hit it good is great i was hitting my 7 iron the dispersion was maybe 5 yards about 175 yards out which was 10 yards longer than my rocket balls irons
The Club Pro hit my 7 iron about 200+ yard hard to say it was getting dark but he smacked it

RocketBladez! I'm sort of pumped up about these irons right now, so I'm going to be really careful not to gush. Just a good day that I really enjoyed.

First of all, a bit of background...

I've been struggling a LOT with over swinging in the 4-6 weeks. Due to this, I've been hitting the ball pretty far, but it's very reliant on timing. I got some help from my teacher and it's been getting better. My biggest worry was that I'd lose yards by shortening my swing. My brain knows that I can generate more efficient power with a compact swing, but that doesn't mean I don't still worry about it. Distance is everything to a former short-hitter :D

So, fast forward to today. Finally, the first day that the things I've been working on actually clicked for a full round. Distance was good! In fact, it was too good on 5 holes that I straight up airmailed the green. The one thing that really stood out to me today was that my contact was very good and the results I saw were really, really good. I felt like the difference between the physical effort I put in vs the results I saw was huge.

I started off by hitting my first three greens in a row with the 6, 7, and 8 irons respectively. All three were high, followed my expected/normal shot shape and gave me reasonable looks at birdie. All three of these balls were against a 20 mph wind - had to club up, but the ball cut through very well. No skyballs and made it as far as I was hoping.

The fourth hole was playing 155 yards to a front pin with the wind at my back. I honestly didn't feel comfortable taking the 8 iron here, so I decided to grab the 7. I flew the green. High ball that just kept going and going. The 5th hole was with the same wind at my back and I didn't learn. I airmailed it by 5 yards. Same thing - big high ball that just kept going. I won't recap each one, but the same thing happened four times on the front nine alone. I ended up trusting myself on the back nine, which is probably why I only flew one green there. Part of me was bummed that I missed the chance to hit those 5 greens, but the other part of me was just excited to see that I was hitting the ball clean, high, and on my line. If my club choice is my problem, I'm cool with that.

Trying to think of a way to describe trajectory. It was not a rainbow. It was more like a steady climbing launch if that make sense.

Hit a few stinkers as well. Not as much success with the 4 and 5 iron today, though I had a couple good ones mixed in. My best opportunity to use the 4 iron was wasted with a chunk and I pushed an important 5 iron shot off line. Long, but not where I wanted it. You'll have that I guess. In addition, I wasted what was probably my best chance of the day with a PW in my hand. Just caught it a little heavy and lost enough yards to miss the green.

I think I would have done well today with my other irons in my hands today as well. Just one of those days. Regardless, there was just something about the ball flight, feel off the face, and something else intangible that really made me enjoy the RocketBladez today. I just felt like I could be smooth and the ball would fly. Lots of fun for sure.

Great report, Hawk. I love the excitement and enthusiasm!

So The proshop found the Invoice today so i got my irons all i have to say is WoW
These irons are super easy to launch they hit high long bombs the sound when you hit it good is great i was hitting my 7 iron the dispersion was maybe 5 yards about 175 yards out which was 10 yards longer than my rocket balls irons
The Club Pro hit my 7 iron about 200+ yard hard to say it was getting dark but he smacked it
Awesome! Man, that was a painful wait, I'm glad for you that you finally got your hands on them. I look forward to hearing about your experience with the Bladez in this forum.

I'm sorry guys but its about time you guys wound the testing up because if not my credit card will be getting pulled out. Awesome job!

I'm sorry guys but its about time you guys wound the testing up because if not my credit card will be getting pulled out. Awesome job!

Negative, ghost rider. I'm actually getting to out on the course today and tomorrow so be prepared for more impressions

Tapped out on my EVO 4G LTE

Negative, ghost rider. I'm actually getting to out on the course today and tomorrow so be prepared for more impressions

Tapped out on my EVO 4G LTE

I'm getting in my frist round with my 'bladez today too. Had my second extended session at the range last night to focus on distance and a consistent swing -- and was very pleased with the results. Definitely hit the ball very straight and my "miss" will be slightly to the left as I saw a small draw on a few shots when I goosed it. All in all, can't wait to really be able to walk off yardages and put some real figures to what I've been seeing on the range.

Updates coming later tonight.

Have fun out there today, guys. I'm going to take a break here for a few days, though I really don't want to.

I may have skimmed right over this question but how much can these irons be bent? I just need a one degree flat.

I may have skimmed right over this question but how much can these irons be bent? I just need a one degree flat.

shouldn't be an issue OG, if it is, take it to a better bender.

Mine were bent 3* up so I know it's at least that much.

Gray, I've looked all over for that info and can't find it.

Edit: 1° is not going to be a problem.

shouldn't be an issue OG, if it is, take it to a better bender.

Yea I just got fitted and found out that my preferred lie that I have on my RBZ 7 iron is 62 = -1 and the standard lie for the Bladez is 63. Heck if these things have up to 5yds more distance than the RBZ irons and a higher launch for better spin on the greens, I'm sold!

Yea I just got fitted and found out that my preferred lie that I have on my RBZ 7 iron is 62 = -1 and the standard lie for the Bladez is 63. Heck if these things have up to 5yds more distance than the RBZ irons and a higher launch for better spin on the greens, I'm sold!

(and they don't look as bad either ;) )

Not a problem to bend these OG, I just dropped mine off to get bent 1* flat. Picking them up @ lunch time :)

Back