Which Option Would You Take?

Already pretty long off the tee. More yards off the tee is nice, but 15 yards more off line could actually lead to worse scores, and JB didn't guarantee 15 yards and in the short stuff so this is an absolute no brainer with making 2 more putts in the 10-15 foot range.

In fact, in a couple recent rounds I dialed down the driver swing to hit more fairways and shoot lower scores (should have done this in myrtle beach too, but I'm an idiot). I probably lost about 15 yards per drive and my scores were better than usual. 2 more putts made in that 10-15 foot range is absolutely huge.

Yet teeing it up from the white tees at True Blue... :alien:

Definitely the putting. Not hitting the ball real long doesn't bother me that much.

If I was shooting in the 70's, I'd take the putts. But right now I'd take the extra yards. That's one or two less clubs going for the green.

This is assuming I am not getting into any worse trouble off the tee with the extra yardage. (Not that I would be striping them down the fairway, but I figure if I am in the woods anyway, an extra 15 yards into the woods isn't any worse!)

Take the putts, the extra yards might not improve my score, the putts will.

Id take the putts. I feel I have great distance and it plays to my strengths but those two putts could make or break a round mentally for me. Two putts inside 15 feet could simple get rid of two bogies. Strokes over distance any day for me

Tapaway!

Putts, without a doubt. Although tee confidence and shortening a hole is good. Putting is where I lose strokes. This is totally contrary to my buying habits too and a work in progress. Imagine taking 9-10 two putts out of your game and potentially a three putt. Count strokes, balls off line or in the water cost one, two or three putts....
Magical putter and a smooth putting stroke

Putts, without a doubt. Although tee confidence and shortening a hole is good. Putting is where I lose strokes. This is totally contrary to my buying habits too and a work in progress. Imagine taking 9-10 two putts out of your game and potentially a three putt. Count strokes, balls off line or in the water cost one, two or three putts....
Magical putter and a smooth putting stroke

You can already take 9-10 putts off your game. Just miss the green on the fringe and chip them close!

I think putts for me. I am feeling so much better about my game from tee to green but it is on the green that I need to improve.

I am not nearly as long as I want to be off the tee with driver but I know I will get there. More practice over the winter and a lesson or 2.

Sent from my Liquid JB Gnex

Putts no question. Those are big time score savers

I'm rarely hitting much more than 8 iron into the greens of most par 4's, I'll take the putts. I understand the argument of the exta 15 yards getting you closer and increasing your chance of hitting it closer, but those 2 putts a round make the difference between a birdie and a par or a par and a bogey. 15 yards more, lets assume 10-15 yard gaps between irons, either dumps you between irons or at the top of one or the bottom of another. Getting closer isn't always the best way around the course, but the least amount of putts is always a better way around the course.

It's a no brainer.. Da puts........

I'd take the putts. 15 yards more on each drive means 15 yards deeper into the woods, OB, etc at times.

I'd take the Putts esp. at True Blue.

Putts. Easily. I don't consider myself a short hitter, so 15 yards isn't really helping me much, if I am not draining the putts.

Distance for me. I practice my wedge game a ton and I feel like I could get the ball close and give myself the chance of making more putts. I think if you give me the distance, I would make more putts anyway

Putts. Easily. I don't consider myself a short hitter, so 15 yards isn't really helping me much, if I am not draining the putts.

Couldnt agree more Jeff. I just caught the back end of Golf Channel's show following Robby Biershank trying to get back into the pros. It was hard to take anything away from that show other than how important the short game is. Its amazing how many a good short game covers up some flaws.

Couldnt agree more Jeff. I just caught the back end of Golf Channel's show following Robby Biershank trying to get back into the pros. It was hard to take anything away from that show other than how important the short game is. Its amazing how many a good short game covers up some flaws.

That was pretty much the theme every time they showed Robby. Dude can pound the ball, but even he said his short game stinks and was the main thing holding him back from taking the next stop. I am not the best with a wedge or a short iron, so I find myself with quite a few 10-15 putts just to save par. Give me two more of those a round, instead of a bogey, and I am a happy camper.

Definitely Putts for me. The name of the game is scoring, not distance.

I'm rarely hitting much more than 8 iron into the greens of most par 4's, I'll take the putts. I understand the argument of the exta 15 yards getting you closer and increasing your chance of hitting it closer, but those 2 putts a round make the difference between a birdie and a par or a par and a bogey. 15 yards more, lets assume 10-15 yard gaps between irons, either dumps you between irons or at the top of one or the bottom of another. Getting closer isn't always the best way around the course, but the least amount of putts is always a better way around the course.
Actually though, if you are longer with your driver, you are probably longer with your irons. So when you are 15 yards closer with your driver all the time, you can go ahead and drop more than one or one and a half clubs on your approach shot.

If you hit your driver 220 now, and hit it 235 after your added distance, say you needed a 5 iron to hit the green on a 370 yard hole before, but now you are 135 away, that would be your 6 or 7 iron, right? But since you are likely hitting the irons farther too, now you are looking at maybe an 8 or 9 iron in on the same hole.

Putts. I would happily take an additional two strokes a round off my score. Distance is not an issue for me, and on plenty of occasions I have just as easily hit a bad lob wedge as I have a gap wedge.

I'll take two putts all day! I don't lake distance and the two putts will make a big difference in my game I terms of score, stroke average and putts per round. The 15 yards means I can boast about it on the Internet.

For my game it isn't even close. I'll take the two more putts made all day every day.

Yet teeing it up from the white tees at True Blue... :alien:

I was playing cart golf! And you saw my short game, thus why I need 2 more putts!

Back