Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm pondering j40 blades. Hard.

Solid ponder Thain.

I'm pondering nothing for the first time in a while. I'm actually concerned about myself that I'm not pondering anything.

Hahaha, you pansy.

Seriously though, the C-Tapers play a flex strong in my time with them, they are NOT a shaft to let your ego get in the way with. When tour pro's are playing S's in them and not X's, it should send a message. 5% people, they are a 5% shaft.

(Warning Chunkysponse) I honestly don't think that I play a X in C-Tapers and get proper flight or loading. This is more trial and error than anything else. Its a cheap way to start at the top of the flex range an then slide down the scale with testing. Also gives me a chance to the softstep and test those that way as well. This is all a testing excericise for me.

(Warning Chunkysponse) I honestly don't think that I play a X in C-Tapers and get proper flight or loading. This is more trial and error than anything else. Its a cheap way to start at the top of the flex range an then slide down the scale with testing. Also gives me a chance to the softstep and test those that way as well. This is all a testing excericise for me.

and a cheap one at that! You've got lots of aggression in your iron swing and I think that bodes well for the C-Tapers buddy. With that said, I had my eyes open this past week regarding the first hand differences of C-Tapers and KBS tour (120/130g). Have you hit them at all?

As my Max says, instresting

Let me know if you might be interested. Hell, if you wanted to, you could borrow it for a while, see if you like and send it back when you are done or whatever. I'm making some top of the bag changes this winter, and as much as I love the 2 hybrid, it just doesn't fit what I am wanting to do. And with the Mashie TF3, it just doesn't make much sense being in the bag. It's a stiff flex, so I am not sure what you play.

You hit that TF3 really well JR. That thing was a rocket for you.

and a cheap one at that! You've got lots of aggression in your iron swing and I think that bodes well for the C-Tapers buddy. With that said, I had my eyes open this past week regarding the first hand differences of C-Tapers and KBS tour (120/130g). Have you hit them at all?

I think that aggression and lag will boad well for stiffness and flight of the C-Taper. I have hit Tours and they are smooth smooth. Little higher ball flight than I like. If I was forced to go Tours, I go with stiff and hardstep to get the flight down some. I have a feeling that I'm not going to like the weight of the X or even S+ in the C-Taper. I have a feeling that hardstepping vs. softstepping is in my future.

You hit that TF3 really well JR. That thing was a rocket for you.

Far and away my favorite club in the bag this whole year. As my Dad would say, "Sell that effing driver". When I started battling the pulls and hooks, primarily with the driver, I went to the the TF3 off a lot of tees and wasn't giving up huge chunks of distance and even if I would pull or hook it, it wasn't as extreme as when I would with the driver. It's a beast and will be in the bag for a long time.

I think that aggression and lag will boad well for stiffness and flight of the C-Taper. I have hit Tours and they are smooth smooth. Little higher ball flight than I like. If I was forced to go Tours, I go with stiff and hardstep to get the flight down some. I have a feeling that I'm not going to like the weight of the X or even S+ in the C-Taper. I have a feeling that hardstepping vs. softstepping is in my future.

hah, well put man!! I would have said the same thing, pondering about a hard step. At some point, that flight is just going to have to be tolerated for the added smoothness eh?

Plus, those black nickel shafts are diiiiiiirty!!!

hah, well put man!! I would have said the same thing, pondering about a hard step. At some point, that flight is just going to have to be tolerated for the added smoothness eh?

Plus, those black nickel shafts are diiiiiiirty!!!

I really like the idea of the a lighter shaft hardstepped. I know that softstepping is being coming popular, but I also think that is more for someone who is looking for a certain flight. The Tour flight isn't terrible, but I think that maybe a testing option as well. A hard stepped Tour Stiff to see what the flight is like.

Yeah that black nickel is sick...Gray Lamkins would be will killer on those...

I really like the idea of the a lighter shaft hardstepped. I know that softstepping is being coming popular, but I also think that is more for someone who is looking for a certain flight. The Tour flight isn't terrible, but I think that maybe a testing option as well. A hard stepped Tour Stiff to see what the flight is like.

I am pondering hard stepping my Tour Customs Stiff when I FINALLY have them installed this winter. I could probably stand to bring my ball flight down a touch and I really liked the Tour S+ in the AMP Forged when I hit them a few times.

I would go the other way and say that for a faster tempo, you'd bode well in irons to stay heavier. I know for the Burner 2.0's I've been hitting all summer, the lighter shafts cause me to come out of my natural swing and it's really bothered me.

I am pondering hard stepping my Tour Customs Stiff when I FINALLY have them installed this winter. I could probably stand to bring my ball flight down a touch and I really liked the Tour S+ in the AMP Forged when I hit them a few times.

Are you putting them in the Callaway irons you picked up Jeff? I can't wait to see what comes of that.

I would go the other way and say that for a faster tempo, you'd bode well in irons to stay heavier. I know for the Burner 2.0's I've been hitting all summer, the lighter shafts cause me to come out of my natural swing and it's really bothered me..

Thats what I would think, but I've always played a little lighter shaft, in everything. I think that is what has me so intruiged to do testing to see which way I want to go. I know I'm going KBS, its just a matter of what and in what way.

Are you putting them in the Callaway irons you picked up Jeff? I can't wait to see what comes of that.

Yes sir. I need to pick up a couple more of the baby blue 3Gen Grips and some ferrules, but once I get that done, I am hoping Freddie has some time to get to them. They are going to look sweet, no doubt. I actually like the PX Flighted that are in them now, which is why there wasn't much of a rush on my behalf to get this done. But, I am looking forward to having my Tours in there.

Pondering offing a lot of putters.

Thats what I would think, but I've always played a little lighter shaft, in everything. I think that is what has me so intruiged to do testing to see which way I want to go. I know I'm going KBS, its just a matter of what and in what way.

I would love to see the launch variables between the heavier and lighter shafts in the same head from you. I've think you've got a consistent enough swing to drop the randoms and get a really unique perspective on it.

Yes sir. I need to pick up a couple more of the baby blue 3Gen Grips and some ferrules, but once I get that done, I am hoping Freddie has some time to get to them. They are going to look sweet, no doubt. I actually like the PX Flighted that are in them now, which is why there wasn't much of a rush on my behalf to get this done. But, I am looking forward to having my Tours in there.

coloured ferrules look wicked!! Going to get the striped ones?

Pondering offing a lot of putters.

Is this to open the door to more Machine?! Or a pending Xtreme?! I like your ponders buddy. They excite me!

I would love to see the launch variables between the heavier and lighter shafts in the same head from you. I've think you've got a consistent enough swing to drop the randoms and get a really unique perspective on it.

I think so too. Will be some simulator time in my future. Just hate that the relationship between my neighborhood course and me has soured, now I have to drive 30 minutes to find a decent sim. Maybe I can make a friendship between myself and the local DSG if I promise to buy my supplies from them..lol

Pondering putting either C-tapers or Tours in my MBs. Just not sure which way to go yet. But leaning towards the c-tapers....

I think so too. Will be some simulator time in my future. Just hate that the relationship between my neighborhood course and me has soured, now I have to drive 30 minutes to find a decent sim. Maybe I can make a friendship between myself and the local DSG if I promise to buy my supplies from them..lol

We can check that out at the outing too PD.

Any heel shafted mid mallets?????

Possibly. If it happens I'll holla.

Is this to open the door to more Machine?! Or a pending Xtreme?! I like your ponders buddy. They excite me!
Nope. No mas. Just realizing what I putt best with, plus, I think the center shafted Rossie or #6 MX's will crush all comers for me when they release. I adore that insert.

Pondering putting either C-tapers or Tours in my MBs. Just not sure which way to go yet. But leaning towards the c-tapers....

Hit them before you buy or get one to try. KBS means it when they say they don't fit everyone, 5%. Beware of flex too as even the Tour Pro's that DO play them play only S-flex. I love mine in my i20's but they are stout.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back